Ownership Experience

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Funny Side

How effective are the headlights of 450 in terms of intensity and spread? Hope its good for the pot hole ridden roads.

Hey guys. I recently gave my scooter for my 5000Km service after five and a half months of owning it.
I had some minor issues. Like the loose mirror and fan noise. All of them were fixed.
Additionally I was informed that my front brake pads were changed.
As soon as I received my scooter I took it out for a spin and I realised something was off. I didn’t know what. I just thought I wasn’t sitting properly and that’s why I wasn’t able to balance it properly. So I checked my air pressure the next morning and took it out again. There’s this weird feel I’m getting while riding the scooter.
I’m unable to maintain the scooter In a straight line and it drifts to the left and then right alternatively.
It’s hard for me to explain the feeling. It’s very subtle. When I try to turn the handle bar to the left it turns normally but it tends to stay there and I need to put more than normal effort to straighten it out and it ends up over shooting and again it’s hard to straighten it out. ( By more effort I mean I feel an excess force on my right hand when I’m trying to steer straight from tight and same on the left )
It’s become really really hard to ride it in slow traffic. Idk what’s happen. I called CS and it was really hard to explain over the phone what issue I was having. They booked a pick up again.
I was wondering if anyone faced a similar issue and if so what is it? And why has it happened.
Also I didn’t notice this but both my father and a fellow ather owner @AnaghDeshpande rode my scooter today and they say there is a “brush rubbing” sound coming from the front. Also my efficiency figures aren’t that good. I used to get 36-38Wh/Km. I get 40-45 now. I’m guessing this might be a pad change issue. But the scooter instability issue. Could anyone help me out in understanding what it is ?

2 Likes

This could be because of improper wheel alignment. As far as I have seen in ice scooters when you drive into the pot holes instead of going around there might be impact on wheels when this keeps happening the mentioned effect happens where the turned handlebar tend to go towards a side. Since you said that it is happening after the service I m not sure what could be the problem. It might also happen because of bumpy roads.

1 Like

@toraghavan09 might be right or front brake assembly is improperly fit to brush on one side and pull. Anycase, it needs to go back to service. Dangerous riding like this

1 Like

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Maintenance and Service

Hi Abhishek,

Does this mean the Ather 450’s that are yet to be delivered will get this hardware fix …??
@abhishek.balaji

Driver seat is a bit steeply declined as causing discomfort while driving.

Also there is no provision to see charging units on day to day basis. Not sure what unit is consumed on every recharge.

Cleaning the vents is described in the manual but, not clear in graphic of vents and it’s position. Please update the Manual for more clarity on this.

1 Like

I agree, already flagged this to the team and they’ll make sure it’s addressed.

5 Likes

i have pre ordered 450 recently and in my account it is showing that the vehicle will be delivered by march-April time frame. my payment window isint itself open yet. but in the 450 pre order page currently it is showing that the delivery will be around feb-march if pre ordered now. just curious and eager to own the 450 soon. may i know is there anything wrong happening with the time frame in the site ?

1 Like

Nothing wrong with the timeframe. It’s an estimate for your delivery. Your payment window will be opened close to the delivery timeline, and once you make the payment, you’ll get the 450 delivered within 15-20 days of full payment.

1 Like

Sorry to bug you again. usually when the payment window opens after the pre order? my pre order date is 5th feb. and my order number is around 33k

Full payment window will open roughly in March, if your delivery estimate is March-April.

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. I guess then my ather will be delivered around march 20th provided the payment window opens by march first week. Cant wait to own one. fingers crossed.

Feeling scared whether to go ahead and buy the vehicle or cancel the pre-order. @Ather.Team is this the result of increase in pre-orders or you lost track of 450 while you guys focusing so called 450X. Does @Ather.Team really takes this issues serious?

Yup! Fingers crossed. Mine also on 339XX series.

1 Like

Not at all. A few issues do come up, and they’re very few in number. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I make the payment today when i get confirmation of my payment is reconciled…?

If i took vehicle(upfront purchase of Ather450x) in my name.Is there any issue to transfer the ownership to my wife name at a later stage(within an year or so).Is it includes only formality w.r.t motor vehicles department and insurance?Any formalities at Ather end? @abhishek.balaji @ather.team

Nothing significant, just keep us informed, so we can change the name on the app etc, and about any changes in billing/delivery addresses.