Ownership Experience

I asked but as always @Ather.Team is like your scooter is registered and it is not possible to get it replaced but we will resolve the issues.

I suggest you to not order the 450 because you are going to get a subsidy even though the pricing is going to be higher
I guess the pricing will be somewhere around ₹150000/-

If it will be 1.5 including subsidy then i will go for older Ather only

1.5 without subsidy is somewhere possible
The older one is 1.3 and this is a variant so could be 1.5 without subsidy and somewhere around 1.25 after subsidy

1 Like

I suggest you just upgrade to the 450X. You seem to have struck a streak of bad luck.

1 Like

If i get an option from ather to upgrade it at a reasonable cost i will surely do

A post was split to a new topic: Alandkar’s review of the Ather 450

A day back or so a technician came home to change my horn since j had a mechanical issue. He removed the dashboard replaced it and put the dashboard back. I hadn’t noticed this. But I guess he forgot to screw in the dashboard.

Both sides he forgot to screw it in. :sweat_smile:
No problem. But just wondering if someone hadnt pointed it out to me at a traffic signal what would have happened.

2 Likes

Guys have you noticed that in both left and right sides handle bar grips upper rubber like layer is very loose? Like if you hold them little firm they are not adhered to handle bar like other vehicle’s? Like some air is inside and is forming bubbles inside them ?

2 Likes

Auto Screw tighting… may be a Ather 450x Feature :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You would’ve been screwed…quite literally :grin:

Were you in a hurry or was he in a hurry? Even in that case this is an elementary mistake to make.

4 Likes

Nobody was in a hurry we were standing and chatting about 450X and his life and other things. Maybe I was distracting him. :stuck_out_tongue:

Never mind much, buddy…I have seen that my Vespa was returned to me after servicing with a bolt missing on the crank case…:joy:

To be precise, I am not able to achieve that magical efficiency of 24Wh/km in my 450. What I get is more than 32Wh/km which is justifying my above calculation posted almost a year back!!
Additionally, I want to put my experience in figures:-

I used to consume about 11% of battery for my one way ride of 13.6 kms. In worst case it reached 15% of the battery. Now it consumes 20% one-way and for about 27 kms per day its 40% consumption.

Interestingly, during the hardware update (change of some insulation/caps) in the scooter’s charging point, I was advised to change the brake pads immediately as it was not carried out during 5k km service.

After the request, the same was done promptly. What I observed in case of front brake shoe pad was one pad was completely scrubbed off and the other was having still some kms of life.

I feel that change in my energy consumption pattern relates to bad alignment of brake shoe pad.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Discussions on News and Updates

Has anyone’s 450 battery degraded or been giving lesser range lately? Maybe older owners?

There are posts regarding total failure (very rare) but within the warranty. Got replaced without a question. The owners i got to talk with say yukl notice thr degrade after 6 months, but it is very slight.

Its been more than 6 months, driven 7.5k Kms on average of 50kms per day, I don’t see any battery degradation as such till now!

BUT, how would the customer know anyway, because the batter SOC will always show 100% when fully charged, only if we are going from 100 to 0% battery on a regular basis on a set route, we may notice the degradation, otherwise its nearly impossible for an average owner to notice.

After then new OTA’s the battery drain at night has kind of increase compared to earlier though.

3 Likes

11 months, 8000kms later…Range has remained same.
After 50kms each day in Ride mode, our scooter returns back to it’s charger with 25-20kms range remaining. Efficiency of my rides has been around 30-38 wh/km. As @madhusudhan.rs told ans I’ve reported in my ownership review too, vampire drain has increased after the previous update.

6 Likes

Don’t see any degradation either at 6.5k kms, and almost a year of having the vehicle. One slightly tedious way to do it would be to see the SoC at the start of a long trip, and see it at the end of the trip.

Suppose your SoC reduces from 70 to 35%. In your ride stats, you’d be able to see energy consumption per km. Multiply that by the trip distance, assume 36Wh and 22 km.

Total energy consumed would be 22*36 = 792 Wh. Which should translate to 792/2430 = 33% reduction in the ideal scenario.

In this case, your battery would have degraded to 33/35 = 94% of designed capacity.

Try to do this over a long ride as much as possible to get better accuracy. anything above 50% drain should give a fairly accurate value.

I know this isn’t the most ideal way to do it, and eventually SoH should be available to us, but this probably is the only way to find out the degradation yourself.

13 Likes

Good narration. I really wish Ather comes up this Health Indication in monthly report or in App. Much needed ‘intelligence feature’

8 Likes