Ownership Experience

Auto Screw tighting… may be a Ather 450x Feature :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You would’ve been screwed…quite literally :grin:

Were you in a hurry or was he in a hurry? Even in that case this is an elementary mistake to make.

4 Likes

Nobody was in a hurry we were standing and chatting about 450X and his life and other things. Maybe I was distracting him. :stuck_out_tongue:

Never mind much, buddy…I have seen that my Vespa was returned to me after servicing with a bolt missing on the crank case…:joy:

To be precise, I am not able to achieve that magical efficiency of 24Wh/km in my 450. What I get is more than 32Wh/km which is justifying my above calculation posted almost a year back!!
Additionally, I want to put my experience in figures:-

I used to consume about 11% of battery for my one way ride of 13.6 kms. In worst case it reached 15% of the battery. Now it consumes 20% one-way and for about 27 kms per day its 40% consumption.

Interestingly, during the hardware update (change of some insulation/caps) in the scooter’s charging point, I was advised to change the brake pads immediately as it was not carried out during 5k km service.

After the request, the same was done promptly. What I observed in case of front brake shoe pad was one pad was completely scrubbed off and the other was having still some kms of life.

I feel that change in my energy consumption pattern relates to bad alignment of brake shoe pad.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Discussions on News and Updates

Has anyone’s 450 battery degraded or been giving lesser range lately? Maybe older owners?

There are posts regarding total failure (very rare) but within the warranty. Got replaced without a question. The owners i got to talk with say yukl notice thr degrade after 6 months, but it is very slight.

Its been more than 6 months, driven 7.5k Kms on average of 50kms per day, I don’t see any battery degradation as such till now!

BUT, how would the customer know anyway, because the batter SOC will always show 100% when fully charged, only if we are going from 100 to 0% battery on a regular basis on a set route, we may notice the degradation, otherwise its nearly impossible for an average owner to notice.

After then new OTA’s the battery drain at night has kind of increase compared to earlier though.

3 Likes

11 months, 8000kms later…Range has remained same.
After 50kms each day in Ride mode, our scooter returns back to it’s charger with 25-20kms range remaining. Efficiency of my rides has been around 30-38 wh/km. As @madhusudhan.rs told ans I’ve reported in my ownership review too, vampire drain has increased after the previous update.

6 Likes

Don’t see any degradation either at 6.5k kms, and almost a year of having the vehicle. One slightly tedious way to do it would be to see the SoC at the start of a long trip, and see it at the end of the trip.

Suppose your SoC reduces from 70 to 35%. In your ride stats, you’d be able to see energy consumption per km. Multiply that by the trip distance, assume 36Wh and 22 km.

Total energy consumed would be 22*36 = 792 Wh. Which should translate to 792/2430 = 33% reduction in the ideal scenario.

In this case, your battery would have degraded to 33/35 = 94% of designed capacity.

Try to do this over a long ride as much as possible to get better accuracy. anything above 50% drain should give a fairly accurate value.

I know this isn’t the most ideal way to do it, and eventually SoH should be available to us, but this probably is the only way to find out the degradation yourself.

13 Likes

Good narration. I really wish Ather comes up this Health Indication in monthly report or in App. Much needed ‘intelligence feature’

8 Likes

Similar to a full tank in and out in an ICE vehicle right. As you said its a tedious process and requires a bit of mind gymnastics, I’ll give this a try on my next long ride for sure.

An easier way to get this stat is essential when the criteria for battery replacement is solely determined by Ather and there is no third party agency to determine this.

3 Likes

I feel this should be transparent to end user.

5 Likes

I do this every other day. :man_facepalming:t4::smile: Found a cruder way to do it , I usually get 36-38Wh/Km and I ride in ride mode, I reset the tripA meter every morning and start at 100%SoC and at the end of the day I add the range left with the distance I’ve travelled. Wheny efficiency is 36-38, it adds up almost exactly to 65. The day it starts to not add up to 65. I think that would be the day I’d say it’s a sign of some degradation. I’m no engineer and idk if the dashboard corrects for the SoH. But if this method has any flaws. Please point it out. I wish Ather would just give us a SoH indicator already. When revolt can do it. I’m sure Ather can too. I wish they’d do it already. It’ll even push us users to treat the battery better.

1 Like

I observed something odd… I observed it more than a month back. But, I waited to see if it is consistent before posting here…

Right from Day 1 - I filled Nitrogen instead of Air. Recently after purchasing Manual Air Pump for my wife’s cycle, I started filling Air for Ather too.

Surprised to see I am getting close to 8% range than before. To see if it is just air pressure, I tried +/- 2 PSIs than recommended. But, that did not matter.

I know it sounds lame. But, I am posting what I observed consistently.

2 Likes

This won’t account for the idle drain of the vehicle. Which can be between 8-12% for 24 hours.

Right. I guess it’ll work on a single ride right after I unplug it. Thanks.

22 posts were merged into an existing topic: M017 & M019 Errors

How many are facing the front suspension noise when you go over a ditch at any speed slow or fast , we get a mild thud sound, when ever I ask @Ather.Team they tell they are working of a fix and would let us know , I have this issue from almost the day I bough it , it seem more of something hitting some plastic part or a metal part not sure what is it, if I hold the brakes and ride over the ditch the noise is almost not there or very faint.
Anyone has a fix or any workaround to fix the issue , its very annoying to ride a silent vehicle and hear a thud noise on each and every pothole filled roads in Bangalore.
@Ather.Team , @abhishek.balaji , I have sent email multiple times and spoken to the service engineer and was told there is no fix for now , when is the fix expected as its been almost 7 months now .Or let us know if something can be fixed by customer himself if possible.

1 Like