Ownership Experience

Software program is flexible than hardware logic. If @ather.team has simulated with the existing hardware and found out 75km is an achievable true range, then program tuning has scope here with the help of realistic/field data. The perspective true range is with normal driving pattern experienced in city commuting.

In other words you are saying in near future we all will get promised 75km per charge “True range” in ECO mode without compromising on driving style, power and performance. That’s great. If so It would be great if @Ather.Team confirms this.

But it would be a big issue if they are going to correct their estimation instead of delivering promised range. @ather_rajs.in - clarify this.

2 Likes

I’m optimistic

Yeah, that is my concern too. More owners getting vehicle will give us the real range what they are getting.

Since this vehicle is software driven . More the data more accurate the result is. It’s all about data analytics & Big Data

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Discussions on News and Updates

I have been getting range between 75 to 80…

10 Likes

What is the speed you are maintaining

Around 45 Kms speed…

1 Like

Is it avg speed or the max. Speed at u r driving?

1 Like

Tall riders of A450, what is the experience with the scooter so far? I find it difficult to ride other scooters because of my height 6 ft. How does A450 compare?

The claimed range is only if you drive at < 35kmph
It does not have anything close to s450 performance. Eco mode top speed on praise is restricted to 35kmph and sport mode is 60kmph, also the claimed range over stated. check out the review here: https://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-advice/reviews/okinawa-praise-road-test-review/30726/

1 Like

Harsha,

This is different scooter, with Lithium ion battery . The test drive link you provided is for normal battery.

True it’s a new bike with li ion battery. But the specs are pretty much the same http://okinawascooters.com/ipraise/

1 Like

Can’t say much about the bike. (removable/exhangeable batteries sounds interesting) But that App looks like it is everything the Ather app should be. Remote immobilising, Vehicle locator and Trip history! Still though, no buyer’s remorse, I’m happy to have bought this. Competition is good. S450 Mk ii should have some great improvements!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Even for Li-Ion battery, range of 160 KMs with just 2.9 KWh battery is very difficult. None of the Taiwanese, European and Indian electric scooters could claim to be so efficient till now.
Real world range could be much less than claimed range of 160 KMs.

2 Likes

just got insurance doc which is already active for the vehicle i noticed something funny

pdfviewer

2 Likes

That’s why I think if I drive always in sports mode and if it gives half of claimed range it will be more than 75. Because even if I want to I can’t always drive at 60 km/hr in Bangalore traffic.

1 Like

Truly funny. Concerned authorities may look into changing the format of Vehicle Insurance as per the requirement.

1 Like

That’s a great feedback from real owner experience and forum needs Good and Bad things. Thank You bearing your time to write it to us.

3 Likes