Ownership Experience

No Raghav, I use simple count down timer based switch as my mobile phone tells me the time to reach 80%.

1 Like

DtTlL_9UUAEGFwV

4 Likes

A comparison chart on depth of discharge…

For more reading,

https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

2 Likes

Can you explain this in a simpler way ?

Shreyas is replying. Just wait for it :wink:

4 Likes

This specific graph is not very accurate, and it also does not factor in the total energy stored and released. The overall, trend however, is true that 100% vs 80% cycling can improve the battery life dramatically.

For instance, in this graph at 10% DoD, with 6,000 cycles, you will only be able to get 600 full cycles worth of energy out.

So if the 100% DoD gives 300 full cycles, the 10% DoD is only giving 600 cycles. Only two times at 100%. Even for 80% DoD, you are essentially getting 320 cycles out.

Usually, there is a sharp improvement for going from 100% to 90%, and henceforth, the improvement is very marginal. The primary reason why we cap the battery DoD to 90% :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Agree Shreyas, intention is to get a ROM and how it benefits to prolong the life span of battery by going reducing DoD.

Of course, there are many other factors which will prolong the life span of battery such as Charge level of cell, Temperature etc.

1 Like

Guys What about clunk(something like metal clanking)Noise which comes from front suspension when going over broken roads potholes ? Has anyone managed to get this resolved from ather service ?

Even I am in the same boat but no help from Ather on this issue, also noise from seat is also not resolved.

1 Like

Hi seat noise can be resolved completely. Contact Ather Service. Only Noise which I have is From front suspension now.

1 Like

Thanks for the info

@raghav.srinivasan here it is, Scooter was made to “shutdown” after taking the below readings yesterday

Now almost after 24 hrs, it lost 3% or 2km.

And the Dash view to confirm it is indeed real:

03%20PM

cc: @Ather.Team

Was able to get the battery level to 0% to check actual range, I got 65KM’s with Sports and Ride mix mode. Once it reaches the 5KM’s range, the throttle will not take more than 20KM speed. It switches from Sports to Ride mode once it reaches to 10KM.

3 Likes

After 3 attempts of fixing, yesterday it was 4th attempt to fix the seat noise.

After the Ather technician delivered the vehicle, I tried going over humps and potholes, I could say it is better, but not completely resolved.

I mean,

1. the sound is lower
  2. the sound does not come over smaller potholes
  3. on the bigger humps when it can withstand little more speed. Earlier, I have to ultra careful to avoid sound, now it allows some more speed.

After testing this on few vehicles, my observation is: A vehicle does not have this issue, when you push the end of the seat, it will snugly fit without any movement.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Mobile App

Hi,

Small Doubt. How do i know if regen is activated? Does it show up in dashboard?

Thanks!

As of now I don’t think there’s any such indication. You can JUST feel it apparently.
But it’s so light that it’s quite easy to miss.

1 Like

Watch the Speed indicator halo when you engage regen. You notice a sudden spike in the Halo for a second, indicating regen activation.

4 Likes

Will check tomorrow when i ride. I only see red indicator increases as i accelerate. It goes off when i de accelerate. There should be Green indication when we activate regen(in future update). Correct me if I am wrong.

2 Likes

Why is there a spike in the Halo when regen is activated ? Doesn’t the Halo represent energy discharge ?

1 Like