Ownership Experience

Did you try switching off the bike?

3 Likes

I did. But after turning ON, honking started… Then understood it got stuck in pressed state. Pulled the button ourwards to release it

1 Like

I’m continuously being awed by Ather’s service. Started facing an issue where the screen was turning a bit yellow from being in the sun too long. Happens to displays, the glue between the top glass and the screen starts to melt and starts getting colorised. Called up Ather service yesterday and the scheduled a on premise service today morning at 8.

Rep turned up at 7:35 and replaced the dashboard. Took about an hour. No questions asked. My vehicle is ready for the daily commute now.

13 Likes

Any kind of precaution we need to take? Like screen guard or something?

Happened with me too

One observation, rear tyre air nozzle placed in wrong direction, it is very inconvenient while topping air or pressure check, even the puncture repair fellow suggested that the nozzle should be on the other direction.

2 Likes

It can be turned by removing the air completely from the tyre

A post was merged into an existing topic: Mobile App

Oh is it, I was not aware about this, can we do it ourself or should we get it done by Ather team

That’s the reason for nozzles being on opposite sides.

4 Likes

As per Ather, the nozzles are directed away from the disk brakes as a safety measure to prevent burns from the disks (assuming the bike has been running).

1 Like

Makes sense… !

That is a good safety measure but the drive belt completely comes in the way of air nozzle and it is bit difficult to fill air and also the nozzle is shaky and feels like it may come off if pressure is applied.

Over the past 3-4 weeks I’ve noticed that I wasn’t getting the efficiency number which I used to get during the first 3 weeks of owning the scooter.

Yesterday while driving from KR Puram to indiranagar I was stuck in traffic near Shell petrol pump. I miss the smell of petrol so decided to go in for an air check.

To my shocking surprise, the pressure in both wheels was 19psi.

I just want to know from other owners how frequently should you keep checking your air pressure.

air pressure re-check cycle is 7 to 10days and drop noticed during this interval is around 3 to 4psi…

Once in every 100-150kms

Any idea how to share video in forum?

upload on youtube and share the link here

1 Like

Air pressure dropping is an issue, I have observed it to be more with Ather tyres, I had suzuki access with tubeless tyres and when I used to fuel it on every Friday , hardly any pressure drop but with Ather tyres, I am checking every alternate day and I find 3 to 4 psi drop, today I got the tyres checked at puncture shop but nothing noticeable for pressure drop but agony is it leaks , it affects the range a lot

Air pressure drop- @Shreyas @Ather.Team
Rear tyre pressure dropped since 1 week, finally today checked both tyres, unfortunately the tyre valve is the culprit, slowly the air is leaking …Please check if this is an issue in during vehicle’s delivery.

Cost for replacing new valve- 250Rs
Local puncture shop near to Iblur -Belandur service road

4 Likes