Other Cities

The RTO guys are correct. They’ll not register a vehicle that’s not listed in their state. If the former Andhra Pradesh wasn’t split into two, you wouldn’t have faced this problem. But one solution that I can think of is if you have a Telangana address, try to register it in Telangana. There should not be a problem in Telangana as Ather is in Hyderabad (or will be there soon). Also I assume Police may not harass TS vehicles like they would do for any other state. At a later date in future when Ather comes to Andhra Pradesh, you can transfer it and get an AP registration. This is complicated for sure but this is the only solution I can think of right now for your situation.

If that is the case , NOC certificate has to be taken if registered in telangana, which is also not accepted in andhra pradesh because even a noc certified vehicle should be also listed in the current state’s Rto list.

Seems like you missed this part in my post.

Till the Point Ather comes to AP, you cannot change from TS to AP.

Seems like I alone have to toil to get the ather 450 listed in my state’s vehicle list🤔

I spotted an Ather 450 near Nalanda Convent, Tumkur. Would be very helpful to know on how they got it to Tumkur and challenges (if any ) they faced if they are using it permanently here. If the owner is on the community can you please share your experience?

Tumakuru should actually be quite easy considering where all the Ather 450 has been taken. Here’s one detailed report of an experience of getting the 450 registered in Shivamogga

I have read this Shimoga bound Ather article. But the one spotted looks like local to Tumkur. Hence a shout out to the owner if he is in the community.

Now in ather site, Upcoming cities are not showing. Whether Ather dropped the idea to expand in other cities like bhuvaneshwar, Trivandrum etc etc ?

Want a help by ather’s team, Please get the ather 450 listed in Andhra pradesh, please, I have ordered a 450 but now its a dead end, please help because the rto rejected to register it

Please bring ather 450 to Andhra pradesh

What will be the probable time to launch Ather 450X in Kolhapur (416101) ? What if I pre-order using Pune Address and bring at my location (416101) ? Whether Servicing will be available for such incidents?

Can we extend the temporary registration period while taking the delivery?

servicing would be available but you have to take the ather to Pune to get servicing done

200+ km from Kolhapur to Pune is a risk. There are people who have take. It farther from serviceable location, but it is all on your side.

OK!

Need to think on while purchasing

I don’t think ather needs a big service , all that it needs is brake oil(dot4,dot3) and brake shoes ans tyres which can be purchased anywhere,i am bringing ather to vizag from chennai,more than 600kms,200kms is not a big deal

Awesome! But just pointed out that it the risk is a risk.

I had booked 450X with Tumkur address and had hoped all delivery precedence will be based on order number irrespective of Billing Address. But later found out there’s a queue for each city and Tumkur is not in upcoming cities. So updated my Billing Address to Bangalore Address so that I end up in Bangalore queue. Take temp registration and register permanently at Tumkur RTO. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ather Dot : Where am I?:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Oh you made a long journey, you came to visakhapatnam:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

How long is the wire coming from ather dot? 3-4feet I presume?