OTA Wants - Feature requests

I still have the same version on mine. No updates for me.

Maps related
-include natural language inputs like “cult near me”
-and while auto-populating results while typing in search please avoid any places outside 200km radius. why am I getting places in US and in Gujarat?
-while searching sort them in the order of the closest and from recent history instead of alphabetical, kinda frustrating.
-google account sign in so I can fetch google maps bookmarks/favs
-after typing in search and selecting the location, there is another button press for beginning navigation after route preview. it’ll be nice to start navigation with power start button near accelerator. just like accepting locations from mobile app
-during navigation. asking the user to head the opposite direction might be nice. 40+ sensors and no digi compass? really?

2 Likes

This I would like. People think I am nuts cos I try all sorts of tricks with my gloves on to get the screen to respond to my touch.

2 Likes

Maps related
-include natural language inputs like “cult near me”,
-while searching sort them in the order of the closest and from recent history instead of alphabetical, kinda frustrating.
-google account sign in so I can fetch google maps bookmarks/favs
-after typing in search and selecting the location, there is another button press for beginning navigation after route preview. it’ll be nice to start navigation with power start button near accelerator. just like accepting locations from mobile app
-during navigation

2 Likes

Not sure if this has been asked already. Can we display the Electricity units in kwh consumed right after we plug in and plug out the charger? This way we can provide substantial evidence and convincing argument for ad-hoc charging requests and pay the road side/private electricity providers above and beyond what costs them for giving us access to charge our flights!

@Abhishek, any inputs?

5 Likes

have already requested @Ather.Team for this feature via OTA

just hoping it is considered

should show up while charging so that we can show this to vendor

will be very helpful for my rides

4 Likes

This two are from the Hyundai Kona page.

6 Likes

nice…!

we should have battery tab on dashboard

also on app…

2 Likes

It’s Launching today. :smiley: super excited. But can’t buy it anyway :joy:

4 Likes

25 lacs. Now subsidy also removed. GST cut will bring 1.5 lacs savings…

But such long range cars will make prospective buyers even think about getting electric car. Otherwise 100 km range at 10 lacs is not going to work out considering it can be used only for City driving.

6 Likes

I think there is no harm in having the sos feature, its better to have it than not having!

All these features are too less… pls add more… minimum of 50 to 80… :stuck_out_tongue:

Another useful feature that could be used for debugging problems is ability to take vehicle dashboard screenshots from the vehicle itself and store up to “N” screenshots that can be pushed/pulled to the mobile App? (Or does this exist already?)

1 Like

take pic from mobile!!!

Yup, that is what we are doing now. It might be useful to get a screenshot from the device itself. sometimes. Or dump the info into a json and ship it to Ather for debugging?

1 Like

It probably exists. But not pushed to the owners vehicles.

1 Like

as is the processor on-board is lazy…
it is not able to handle simple animations

also when i use my 2 fingers to zoom in and out of maps - it just hags and i need to reset the system!!!

with all this if we ask system to take screenshot - i doubt it can handle - and that need to be pushed to app!!! now one more factor comes into place —our favorite topic Network----which is never predictive

yes i agree - screenshot will be ideal

4 Likes

@Ather.Team, another request, again unsure if this has been asked.
After checking the Nissan Leaf and Kona reviews got this idea that intensity of regen should be based on throttle(accelerator) release gestures?

• Sudden release should be treated as maximum regen
  • Slightly slow release (medium regen)
  • and very slow release to the end (no-regen or free coasting gesture like a bicycle).
2 Likes

@Ather.Team @Shreyas not sure if this has been asked earlier. The below 2 points are from everyday riding experience

• sometimes I receive a google map location on whatsapp. I would like to have a capability to open this location directly on the Ather app instead retyping the location on Ather app. This will make life easy.

• also while riding, the map is fixed with the north at the top no matter which direction I head. Instead it will be practical if the map turns based on what direction you are heading. It will be very easy to read the maps while riding.

6 Likes

Point 1: is noted and discussed and may possibly be part of the next update.
Point 2: In navigation mode it does turn in the direction we turn. In the view mode, it doesn’t turn. I’ll lose my sense of direction if that happens in the view mode. It may be the other way round for you. Maybe a toggle option for this will help.

2 Likes