OTA Wants - Feature requests

Of course they can control the lights. Because its run by a battery and doesn’t rely on the motor.

I had a 2013 Vespa. Which could turn on the light without its engine on. Even when it was (idle without ignition) It never relied on the engine.

But i don’t think Ather will consider switching off the light when you use the kill switch. Everything can be done. Because its the battery that controls it. But they probably won’t due to regulations.

1 Like

sorry
but am not referring to the power source

i was trying to say on board computer have control over the light - so assigning the switch / control can be done via OTA…

1 Like

Even if they could, would that be legal?

one more feature I forgot to add
9. A panic button option in case of any type of emergency - implementation and features left to Ather but this would be useful in case of an accident or other types of emergency

This would make Ather a security/emergency response company! I would rather have a it govt strengthen 108/112 type emergency services that cater to medical/fire/law&order type incidents.

2 Likes

We just bought a new family car. The Hyundai Venue. As you might have heard of it’s connected features, it’s got a SOS button on the mirror. That a really good move. I guess Ather can implement something similar too.

1 Like

Next OTA update releived by Chennai Ather Fan.

10 Likes

Yes. I too need this feature not to keep headlighton in all signals even when motor is not on.

Congratulations for your new Car :slight_smile:

yeah thats a good feature

1 Like

1 Like

So ECO mode is available now…or it will be officially launched in Chennai Event ??

3 Likes

We will also receive it soon through OTA update shortly.

here ir is

How??
When!!
Where!!?

after update i got below version. but still not find eco mode in this version.

2.0.1.534025 does not have the ECO mode that was the version with which I received my vehicle last week and there are no other updates.
Looks like the newer version whenever released in future may have ECO mode.

This update was released on May 23 i think…There is no schedule or date announced for the next update which will have eco mode.

-Anti-theft mode. I want to be notified when the bike get’s moved
-refresh location function, because sometimes the location doesn’t update after a while
-remote switch off to prevent unauthorised use.
-guest mode with controlled (speed) usage and no incognito mode.
-UI input, the red gradient that warns us of inefficient riding is causing the dash to become slow I think, some other form of uncomplicated animation would be nice.
-the whole dash needs a revamp, it doesn’t feel like a natural dash to me.
-finite number of ludacris mode usages per charge. like say 3 times, that costs us extra kms. but when used really kicks in. I realise the top speed has been underclocked to save battery as it used to go 94 before but I feel the power cut off while at 90 especially during downhill rides. it almost feels like the bike stopped mid way.
-start sound is a bit lame. could be more fun or awesome. transformers movie sound designer should be hired i think. multiple sound options would be nice I think. not a combustion engine sound but something sci-fi, spaceship, dub step like. choice here would be nice. even very subtle ones make a difference I think.
-ECO mode ETA? 75km range one

2 Likes

-accident discovery and push notification to emergency contacts and a countdown that calls and notifies emergency services.
-minor accident without falling just scratches discovery during guest mode (suggested in earlier post)

1 Like

I had put my 450 for charging this morning. On completion of 100% about 10 minutes back, I disconnected the charger and turned the key off when I saw a message that said installing update.

On checking now , the software hasn’t been updated and the app still shows 2.0.1.534025 as the latest.

Has there been a new OTA update pushed recently? Anyone received it yet?