OTA Wants - Feature requests

Scheduled shutdown will be a good alternative which allows us to shutdown and also avoid losing the ride statistics…

But, when I spoke with Pradeep at Open Forum, he told that fix is planned where the unsynced data will be persisted during shutdown and it will be synced later when the vehicle is turned ON…

I am not sure about the timeline for this. But, if that is planned, we would not need a scheduled shutdown…

3 Likes

Yup, I was wondering… May be a good stat to show in the ride statistics…

Also, along with Efficiency hue, this also can be showed in Dashboard with some hue to notify that Regen is working…

2 Likes

if there is network why we are not able to see the battery status real-time when the key is turned off!!

Ex: when u turn off the flight you might have 45% battery left (last synced) and after few hrs battery % will reduce but is not synced with cloud!!

may be network is waiting till the data is sent and shut down

1 Like

it is already there on dashboard

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/on-road-experience-bengaluru/680/52?u=abhishek

1 Like

Thanks Abhishek. Good u noticed the trivial things :slight_smile:

I feel it could be better represented

1 Like

i can only observe (even if it is trivial) - not change as want it :wink:

2 Likes

hehe… Yeah kudos is for noticing the trivial things…

Change should be taken by @Ather.Team

But, is there any numbers on how much does Regen benefit over a full discharge cycle? Around 5%?

1. I would like to have Two charge modes:
    a. Eco mode- slow charge where the drawing current is reduced. As I run all my 5 amps needs at my home on solar. Currently I am not able to use it as the load is high on the solar supply.
    b. Normal mode to allow other users charge normally.
2 Likes

again from observation - it is negligible! - wouldn’t impact much even if u r not using.

for reference

when i came down from Tirumala hill at tirupathi (this is about 19km) i engaged regen for all / most of the time - KM added from regen is just 2km

but effort i have to put to capture regen is high and frustrating (need to hold the accelerator reverse for long time - may be 45min) which is not worth it - instead i must have enjoyed the ride!!

so dont worry about regen much - have a joyful ride

5 Likes

Surprising … for such negligible benefit, not worth putting extra effort… if anything comes out of your natural riding, then it’s a bonus

1 Like

I too have same observation on regen braking… I do use it only for anticipated braking these days.

3 Likes

While I have no answer to your question, following is my understanding in terms of network connection.

1. Network connection remains intact in OFF condition. However it gets turned off in Shutdown mode.
  2. Network connection is not live throughout the off state. It comes live periodically to check this that… (I do not know what are those, I heard it is for BMS check, location check etc…, then I do not know why battery % does not get updated)

I feel this is good way to understand how much battery has lost during the idle period… :wink:

2 Likes

True, thats my understanding too… When in OFF, network connection happens once in a while not throughout… Thats why ride statistics appear randomly not just after 7 minutes OFF.

Time and Weather display.

2 Likes

There is Time already. But Date and Weather display would be really good!

1 Like

Weather is not needed.
We will be experiencing it first hand…

7 Likes

Hehe :yum:

Aaaaaaand it’s bangalore. Weather is always uncertain.

1 Like

Thought it would be nice to know if it would rain that day before I head out. But then, my phone does the same thing😄 so it beats the purpose. Also, Anagh is right. Weather is very unpredictable and you won’t be able to rely on it much.

1 Like

True.
But we have phones so it is not practical​:roll_eyes::face_with_monocle::thinking:

Putting more info on the display is good but we will not get the minimalist design.
It will soon become chaos

1 Like