OTA Wants - Feature requests

What exactly are you referring to sir? I’m really curious to know more about this.

Edit : found it - Ather Energy Becomes First Electric Manufacturer To Participate In INRSC Bangalore - ZigWheels This is brilliant. So was the 0-40 time diff?

1 Like

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/internal-updates/290/11?u=hemanth.anand
You can also read this

Please add automatic zoom in/out feature when approaching near by turn/deviation in maps. This would be helpfull for getting visual guidance much ahead.

Also provide intimation of efficiency when map mode is on.

Regards
Rajenesh

6 Likes

I could be wrong, but I don’t think dark mode will reduce energy consumption unless the screen is OLED, which it is not.

You are absolutely right. It wont reduce the energy consumption. But dark mode + low brightness will save your eyes. And dark theme is always beautiful :wink:

5 Likes

:grinning:

We need a short video to show procedure removing tyres during wheel puncture to show local vendors to see and repair the tyres such that does not damage our vehicles

7 Likes

Need Parking lights/ Hazard lights option. (Both turn signals blink at the same time) in the next OTA.

7 Likes

Hello All, Santhosh , owner of Ather 450 - June 1st .I am Located near BGS Hospital, Uttarahalli, Kengeri. Just crossed 2500 km till now. As always happy to be part of such a vibrant community.

These are the Suggestions from my end.

1. To manage the life of battery the app can be used more smartly by allowing owner to schedule and alert when the desired charging % is achieved.
  2. In the app a new tab showing how much money once saved compare to on that day petrol price for each ride and total overall.
  3. On the dashboad and app How many trees saved on achieving certain number of KM by vehicle. Which will encourage and spread the word.
  4. A mandatory service of vehicle for every 3 month once.
  5. A demo of basic cleaning (How and whats not) , and quick resolutions for common FAQ.
14 Likes

To manage the life of battery the app can be used more smartly by allowing owner to schedule and alert when the desired charging % is achieved.

Having an option to set up notification alert to know the battery percentage. It would help me who travel to work the same time most days. This way I will know the battery charge level an hour(adjustable) before I begin travel. If I have forgotten to charge, I can, atleast charge as little as possible.

2 Likes

Option to end ride after cutting of the kill switch.
Like,
If you want to end ride, kill switch and select end ride.
Else, let it sync in 7-10mins…

This way we can save the ride card, and also save the battery by shutdown…

3 Likes

Personally, I do not prefer Trip Meter Auto Reset at every 1000.

I prefer Manual Reset instead.

Reason

I may want to keep an odo/trip count from one of the last milestone, say last Ather Event/Last Service/Last OTA etc… etc…

If you like this point, please like this post by clicking the :white_heart: button so that we can push this request in the next OTA.

39 Likes

I want to keep monthly …

Absolutely. That’s what I hate in my Polo too. I really do not understand the logic between this auto reset…that too in a trip meter. At least in the Ather we do not make such big trips*, but in a car it beats me! And it’s not that it eats up big memory too. I end up not using it at all.

*@Abhishek excluded

6 Likes

I was absolutely shocked to see the trip meter getting auto reset after 1000 km. Why Ather why would you do that? :man_facepalming:

I like this idea.

Also, it shouldn’t show trip meter on ride stats or dashboard until you enable it. A simple ‘Start Trip’ option on the dash should track your ride and show up on the dashboard and your ride stats when enabled.

Else, it’s just redundant having a second odometer that resets every 1000km especially if you rarely use this option like me.

In fact, ‘start trip’ and ‘stop trip’ should be independant of your daily rides. So we can stop the trip once we finish riding to our destination, or maybe even after a month like @gt_ravi wants. So he can guage his monthly distance travelled.

2 Likes

Using the map on the App one needs to enter details of location that one wants to go. Instead of this why not allow the user to touch a point on the map screen and push that as an address or location?

This is expected in the next OTA update, mentioned in the 3rd Owner’s meet

3 Likes

What about coordinates as an input?
Was that also mentioned? :grimacing:

No as far as I remember, that’s not coming in the next OTA