OTA Wants - Feature requests

This happens to me too! The charger works fine at my office and home but not at my in-laws’ place. If I just plug in the charger without connecting to the vehicle, it’s green. The moment I plug in, the light starts blinking red. We called an electrician to check if there’s any faulty wiring, but he couldn’t figure it out.

A blog post from Ather says:

Red blinking light indicates that the RCCB component present in the EVSE has tripped due to high current leakage.

Does anyone know if I can get an adapter or something else to fix this?

I think you are using portable charger… if its working fine in your home and office the output power and grounding in both the place is fine … In your in laws’ place you can check if the power output and grounding is done correctly…

1 Like

I have 2 more requests:

1. Need a pop-up notification on phone when the battery reaches milestones like 80% and 100% while charging.
  2. After reading the complaints raised on the ownership experience thread regarding the malhandling of vehicle by people taking the vehicle for service, I think the owner should have switch on the mobile app to turn on the service mode, without which taking the vehicle away would be illegal. During this session, the speed of the vehicle should be limited to 30 or 35 or 40 kmph.

Post purchase service quality really counts for the company’s reputation.

Thank you, regards.

8 Likes

It would be nice if the app shows the electricity
Consumption, when it is plugged into the home charging or both of the charging stations.

1 Like

It can be done in both dashboard and App .

Yeah good idea. !!

I have one generic question about the Dark Screen feature requested. It would be good to have a night mode which saves a lot of screen energy consumption. From the eyesight perspective, would it not be a rapid transition between a dark screen where we try to focus and then look up to the bright lights on incoming traffic? One time view can be managed, but would continuous switching back and forth cause excessive strain on the eyes? I’m just more curious to know your thoughts as majority of the City vehicle headlights are way over the normal throw and that itself normally would be annoying. I would like to know your thoughts and opinions.

Rajesh

1 Like

I missed a few turns while using Maps to navigate during my test ride. I wish that there was some sound that plays shortly before a turn, so that I can look at the map and get ready to turn.

3 Likes

@Shreyas Please let us know when we can expect the next OTA update.

1 Like

Yes. It’s overdue now!

2 Likes

It has got elusive status as of now.

The nation wants to know!!!

3 Likes

Jio free Azure for startups needs to be seriously looked into by Ather. @Shreyas …check todays AGM

1 Like

What is - ‘Ludicrous Mode’ that people have been asking for? How does it help?

High performance and Speed with lesser range option called Ludicrous mode

is it no the same as sport mode?

I think what people are asking is a “show off” mode, even if it meant 2km driving range. It should extract maximum performance in acceleration tests. Not sure if Ather has that in Sport mode. Sport is still a lot drivable.

And I don’t know whether sports mode is the actual maximum performance mode?

This mode should be ooooh man… thats crazy… but well now I exhausted twice or thrice the battery for half the distance.

1 Like

Full Torque from start, Full motor thrust and Max battery output can be done for something such as a race mode or Ludicrous mode. This mode can be kept hidden in menu under again advanced tab. To be unlocked by enthusiast riders or people who simply are racing under controlled environment with a Ntorq 125 or SR150 which beats the Ather 450 outright

We need a ludicrous mode. Yesterday on nice road I was able to clock 90. It somehow went to 91. I was on a downhill. I’m pretty sure it picked up more speed. But the dashboard and motor is only restricted to 90 I guess. It can do waaaaay better.

1 Like

A little higher than the Sport mode that we get. “Ludicrous Mode” was first used by Tesla when they introduced it in their Model S. It takes the car from 0-60 miles per hour in 2.8 seconds! IIRC, during the second owners’ meet, people asked for such a mode.

The equivalent to such a mode is available in Abrar Bin Ayub’s Ather in which he won an FMSCI event in scooter category

NICE road is my office route and depending on how empty the road is, I ride at whatever maximum the road supports :slight_smile: The motor is restricted…not the dashboard. Motor actually cuts off power at 90kmph. due to downhill it goes till 91kmph. one thing to keep in mind 90 on the display is 80 in actual

3 Likes