OTA 4.1.0x

After 4.1.2 update, mine also same issue.
For me while driving itself display turned as shown by you & power got low and finally suddenly motor switched off.
Again started the scooter and within 1 km itself got error message in display "low power mode M019 switch off the key "…
Total 2 to 3 times happened as shown in display… after that it is working well

1 Like

After Recent Update, I see Range drop has increased both while riding and idle, During idle for 8hrs i used to see 1KM drop in Range, Now i see 4-5 kms for the same time

2 Likes

After new updates speed got decreased in ride mode…and battery discharge Is more… CS says shutdown your vehicle if you are not using for 8 hours…

2 Likes

Thanks, they also suggested to shutdown only when keeping idle for more than a day. So not sure of shutting down.

Please use shutdown only when battery SoC is less than 50%. There is a known issue that causes bricking of the bike if frequently shutdown at higher battery capacities.

I do face issue M027 and ather service team has taken my vehicle. The scooter is switched to low power mode and speed got dropped to 30KMPH maximum.

1 Like

But CS team is insisting to do that… to get out of battery drain issue…

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji. CS team needs to be clear about SoC being below 50% when shutting down the bike.

In the next OTA, can the developers rename the label from Shutdown mode to Vacation Mode?. Also maybe add a pop up confirmation dialing box that notifies the user that the mode should only be used during extended vacations,etc…

7 Likes

not a good approach. Let the team fix the bug on priority.
Also has it been confirmed that this won’t happen if SoC is below 50%?
Why should users be deprived of using shutdown mode daily?

1 Like

Unfortunately current BMS issue cannot be fixed through software/OTA update. As I know Ather is working on this and it may get fixed in the future. Till then, it is the only way out (Shut down only if SoC is below 60%)

2 Likes

That is just sad to hear :frowning:
Thanks for the information

Yes problem is solved

1 Like

I am not sure the OTA updates are there to improve or degrade the performance. After recent update to 4.1.2, my 450 started behaving weirdly. Here are few things I have noticed,

1. After OTA 4.1.2 update, the vehicle was shutdown for 3 days. When turned on it suddenly started showing M019 code (Low Power Mode).
  2. When I was on the road in peak traffic on the same day, suddenly vehicle started showing M019 (Low Power Mode) message with zero acceleration twice. Trust me it was very embarrassing and risky. I had to pull my vehicle on the side in the middle of bumper to bumper traffic in both cases.
  3. After this OTA update, the hiss noise from fan is very evident even after just 2km in to drive on a given day. Was this normal? or my vehicles battery is getting heated too quickly? Ather 450 owners can answer this…
  4. I have noticed that, after this OTA update there’s sudden increase in the power consumption. Usually, it hovers around 25 to 28Wh/km for my style of driving. Now it is in between 33 to 40W/km. I use ECO and RIDE modes interchangeably and do not use Sport mode in peak traffic.
  5. When I switched on the vehicle in the morning, it was showing me battery level was 96%. When I drove vehicle for 2km+ then suddenly battery indicator shown 98% battery level resulting in all wrong projected range. After driving 10km, the battery went down too fast to 87%, which is not normal trend I observe daily.

I insist @Ather.Team to answer these above questions and release quick fix for these issues related to battery management and performance.

3 Likes

I agree with this, have you also observed the power delivery has been reduced?? At times I feel I’m in ride mode while using sports :frowning_face:

Ya I try to ride more in ride mode. Just so that when j switch to sport mode I feel like the acceleration more.

Trust me 2.x firmware was the best with minor bugs, with 4.x its gone haywire.
Im have been pestering to reintroduce the 2.x firmware for customer who dont want to use too many features and use the scooter like a scooter , @Ather.Team is reluctant to give the end customer this option but to pump in more unwanted features on the scooter making it buggy. Front shock suspension issue is still not resolved for many like me who were the few first to get the Ather 450.
Also upon multiple complaints and follow up , I have been told we are working on it for a solution from past 6 months and still not resolved.
My usage is very minimal I have clocked about 2800 kms in 7 Months .
Lastly there is no option to disable firmware updates , its just happens automatically, here too no choice given to end user to stop any updates from happening.
Was expecting higher mileage and a different design alltogether , unfortunately thats not the case ,very disappointing.
Im too cancelling the 450X not worth the upgrade or to buy same scooter with slightly better specs not worth the money.

2 Likes

The same problem am facing after the update 4.1.2
While driving have to watch dashboard not to road because when error is coming we don’t know … it’s happens suddenly,
If u overtaking bus or other vehicles what will happens motor getting low power !!! :cry:
Problem is simple can get instant solution from dashboard but situation will not make simple …

@abhishek.balaji what’s with the new update 4.1.3.7?, is it just bug fix? i don’t see anything changed in the dashboard

Yep, just bug fixes.

When can we expect new features in an OTA, I’m longing for something new.