OTA 4.1.0x

same thing even i am feeling now sport modes pick up feels like ride mode don’t know whats wrong.

2 Likes

I’d say report it to service team via customer care, as I have also heard from 3 other people about this dip in performance.

yeah already done.they are picking up my vehicle tomorrow.

Any idea if this issue is going to be resolved soon? I keep seeing the dot fluctuate between Bengaluru, Africa and Indian Ocean (interestingly, the random jumps in bike locations is not actually random - it is always in the same location in Burkina Faso and the Indian Ocean), and this happens throughout the route that we have been taking everyday (and this was never seen before).
Also, I have noticed the GPS marker jumps when the bike is on but stationary (at a traffic light, etc.) and rarely when the vehicle is in motion.

There is a new OTA update… but would have to wait until I get home.

Should be disc brake pad, blocking the wheel disc rotation.

What’s the current update version ? Is it 4.1.1.675704 ?

Must be since I’m on the 4.1.0 still and I have gotten an update yet

Post update today vehicle wont turn ON. Solenoid lock wont unlock.450 bricked :frowning: This is becoming frustrating now. Quality checks before OTA releases are not getting any better! @tarun @Ather.Team please prioritize this. Dont know how long do I have to wait to get my scooter back this time around. Last time it was 5 days :frowning:

1 Like

Is it something better?

my vehicle was with ather service when it was updated.So haven’t checked for any changes still.

i just updated the SW to 4.1.1.675704 and it went thru smooth and the vehicle restarted too.
i didnot face any issues with the solenoid lock nor the booting of the vehicle.

But i didnot see the usual mail that would be sent out with info on what the update contains.
i am hoping that the touch screen works better atleast now !
Also after the previous update, i had noticed that the turn lights never go off. Infact i was searching if they had added any setting to turn the auto-off On/Off, but did not find any !!
i shall check tomorrow if this update has made any change for the better.

This OTA is a patch update, so dont expect anything new or substantially different. Most likely bug fixes and tweaks.

Actually a software update for ather 450 on the same day as 450x is launched makes me think if ather is following some mobile companies. Apple had slowed earlier iPhones when they launched iPhone X.
Hope this X is not that X. Someone please confirm if the vehicle performance has degraded!??

4 Likes

No degradation observed pickup is like how it was before.

Don’t think Ather needs to artificially inflate demand by such methods.

1 Like

This has been running in my mind from evening, planned obsolescence is a very real concern at this point.

This is issue of mine remains after the service check up, I will need to follow up with service team again. The service team’s test ride vehicle also had similar top speed issues, motor noise and vibration after 75 kmph. However, with the test ride vehicle, I couldn’t find enough free roads during day time to fully test top speeds beyond 80 kmph. However, with my own vehicle I am easily able to test this during the late night hours and identify the issue. (At the risk of sounding like a broken record) Only until last week, my vehicle used to soar past 75 kmph and reach a plateau around 85 kmph. Now it is a stuggle to reach 81 kmph after it crosses 75 kmph. Nevertheless, I will take this up with service team again. Thanks.

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me after i give my vehicle for service.
Now the torque been adjected (confirmed by technician) and i feel the difference, it takes extra time to reach to 70 kmph and never goes beyond 85km on speedometer.
Earlier it goes to 91kmph just like that.
Really disappointing.

2 Likes

Pure coincidence :stuck_out_tongue:

The new update has a few bug fixes, no changes in performance or features. The existing 450s will continue to be supported through regular OTAs, bringing in new features and updates :slight_smile: