OTA 4.1.0x

Interesting observation @yash.varma. But from what I remember in our discussions with the team, no changes were done to the riding modes.

Could it be that you had a higher SoC% this time?, because motor derating is linked to SoC. Tyre pressure also plays a major role.

Yes, I have thought about those too. I have now ridden 90 kms with the new firmware. It has been over a week since I checked tire pressure. The accelaration improvement is present almost all through out the entire SoC range and in all ride modes.

I know this was there before the OTA as well, but does anyone else find the blurred top bar in the navigation screen kinda tacky? I don’t think it suits it, it catches my eye all the time when looking at the map.

Not to mention, I think the Gaussian blur being applied there probably impacts the performance of the dashboard in the navigation screen.

I think it would look better if that bar was just transparent instead. I know the network indicator is on the left edge of it, but the indicator is plenty visible as it is, even without the blur behind it.

2 Likes

it was there before also

it is inline with that black layer with time and motor info

probably they added the layer, this is not visible on home screen as everything is white

I haven’t received the latest update yet. I ride the vehicle in good network zones. The internet is working fine because I’ve checked navigation in various places. But the update does not download. Anyone else who hasn’t received the update inspite of being in good network areas?

No updates available for me, at first I thought it was because less of 40% battery or no charger plugged in but even with full charge and charger connected it says up to date 4.0.x… strange!

Updates are rolled out in batches and gets downloaded in ather when there is a good network strength. By now you should have got it but you haven’t. Wait for it you will definitely get it very soon.

Finally, something to justify the loss of battery in standby mode. Also, I don’t have to try and assume how much battery I’ve lost overnight or in a day. Because it varies a lot.

I would like to join the beta and I would like to know how to sign up for it!

I updated my vehicle last night. This morning i noticed that the vehicle was not charging. I ran down to see that there was an error on screen - Authentication error C087. Turned the key on, un plugged the charger and noticed that the charging stopped at 41%. I called ather RSA support and they asked me to charge my vehicle normally as i would and ignore that error.
Vehicle is charging now. Lets see how it goes.

Also, the indicator tone lag that i raised earlier is not fixed in this update.

1 Like

Once update is done you need to unplug and plug it in normally for it to charge. Else it won’t charge.

1 Like

missing x0-x9 drop of battery … still goes from x0 to x8
also dashboad is laggy as usual

What is it with this update my Ather is showing its location somewhere in Africa continent

1 Like

Am in sea …:joy::rofl:

1 Like

how did you get those 2 little icons (office and home pin) adjacent to search? i don’t have those

You’ll need to go into the app and go the profile tab. Then click on the green “Profile” under your name. You’ll be able to set home and work address from there. You can then quickly navigate to them by clicking on it from the dashboard.

1 Like

On your mobile app, go to profile tab. Below the scooter icon, you’ll find “Profile” written in green. Tap that and there you can enter your home and office address. after that you’ll get those icons on the dashboard.

1 Like

ah … i didn’t do that thinking of privacy :rofl:
any way ather has access to all our data doesn’t matter if i tell them where my home/work is :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
thanks

The day before yesterday, I suddenly sensed that vehicle pick up has become sluggish again and doesn’t go past 75 kmph as quickly as it did before. I couldn’t convince the service team about this, they did a test ride and couldn’t sense the difference. I did theirs and could feel test ride vehicle was easier to push by hand, accelaration was slightly quicker, but then after 75 kmph, it doesn’t quickly accelarate just like my vehicle. Additionally I start hearing a KTM duke exhaust note type of sound from the motor when I try to accelarate beyond 75, this is present in my vehicle as well as test ride vehicle.

Service team has taken my vehicle back to AS for a closer look. Not really sure of the cause yet, but I doubt that this is hardware related.

2 Likes

To clarify, the update had no changes to any of the ride modes. Service team will be able to diagnose this best

1 Like