On Road Experience

Initially I did have range anxiety and was switching b/w modes. Switching to Ride mode in traffic and Sports mode in empty roads. After riding for 5k kms I have adapted to sports mode riding style. 30 kms in sports mode is easily doable. I cover a distance of 40+ kms up & down and I hardly switch to Ride mode. I usually touch 80-90 km/hr in this strech and my projected range is still 60+ kms even after ~8months.

1 Like

no offense but why does ather use sticker for their branding on the bike. the ather name is the sides are all stickers which are being peeled off when left unattended! would have preferred it to be paint job!

4 Likes

Every manufacturer uses stickers these days. from a Tiger to a KTM to an Activa, everyone use stickers don’t they? It is simple to apply, it allows them the freedom to paint the panels quicker (thereby cheaper). Printing stickers is easy and more complex graphics can be printed. Also in care of any scratches, painting the entire panel white and pasting the sticker is easy, Of course Ather branding is very simple but still pasting a sticker and painting the entire panel is easy and cheap.

1 Like

I had a very bad experience on road due to M019 - Low Power Mode for the 4th time(Found out it’s a bug on the below discussion on M019 and M017)

It was very scary as the flight acceleration dropped to 30Kms and below in middle of the road.

Please be aware of such issues and understand it well as a precautionary metric, so that you can handle in future

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/m017-m019-errors/5505/66?u=govindrover

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji Access to the above link seems to be restricted to users apart from owners. Not sure the reasoning behind it. May not help in inducing confidence to the future owners.

1 Like

What to do if this occurs?

Yes, all new owners and including me have these range anxiety, how much of charge it consumes and will i be able to go back home with sufficient charge and so on… I ride 60kms everyday with my Ather and it took me couple of months of testing in different modes to get a feel of the range and the discharge with every acceleration on bumps and fly overs. Now Sports mode is my full time mode no matter where or how far the destination is. Stopped using Ride mode, but Eco mode is inevitable. Only suggestion would be MIND THE THROTTLE TWIST!!! BE GENTLE :wink:

The elevated stretch of 10kms on both ways tempt me to max out the speed in my electric bike, some times I max out at 91kmph while going to office to pump me up and while on the way back home i tend to be very conservative. usually my speed is around 75 to 85 kmph on this elevated stretch.

2 Likes

You’ll have raise service request to Ather team.

1 Like

Can’t we solve it by ourselves, like restarting or shutting down the ather?

1 Like

I have done it all. Vehicle OTA with 4.1.4 has the fix for these M017 and M019 bugs. But still haven’t received yet.

Currently running on 4.1.2.

Whee back on road today. A ride to bank near my workplace and back home. Loved the ride and felt great as I peeped into a petrol station only to fill nitrogen and a few asked questions on how much “mileage” this gives and the charging time. Yes, it is still a head turner and will continue to do so. Waiting for resumption of office so that more heads will turn on the roads.

3 Likes

Last sync 76% of battery… And

After 21 days shutdown ,

Scooter having 63% battery …

Feeling happy to have such a great Ather 450…:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

9 Likes

1000 crossed today. After lockdown 550kms in 11 days

5 Likes

Hi, @abhishek.balaji Today I saw one ather 450 from majestic to magadi road went at 5:30pm…

In this scooter in place of number plate written GO GREEN with green colour plate no RTO Number

Am confused it’s possible to take delivery without RTO number and we can ride without RTO number…

I could not able to take photo bcoz of rain

1 Like

It’s not possible to take delivery without RTO registration. The user must have removed their license plates. For the Ather 450, riding with a helmet, valid license and registration are mandatory according to local laws.

3 Likes

I seen this one before and it is ILLEGAL!.

If the owner is on this forum, I urge you to put the original plates back and follow the law.

Ather will not deliver a vehicle without a registration number unless you specifically Ask for it eg. You plan to get a fancy registration number or plan to register in another state.

However a valid registration is required to operate the vehicle.

2 Likes

Even in this case, a temporary registration is still mandatory.

1 Like

You might have seen some other vehicle that is sleek, so you mistook that as ather , as most of the electric vehicles are sleek, Low power electric vehicles will have such go green written on their number plates, it might not be ather

1 Like

No, he’s right. I’ve seen the same 450 parked in Shantinagar multiple times last year. Assuming he is one of the earlier owners before the HSRP plate was introduced. I guess he’s just counting on the cops to be uninformed.

2 Likes

Yes , I had taken Temporary RTO no

It’s Ather 450 only…

Owner was around average age is 48 to 51 years. I followed that Ather from Mysuru bank signal to Okalipuram signal. From that signal we diverged to 2 routes - I went towards Rajajinagar and he went towards Magadi road…

So there is no confusion.