Pillion rider foot rest

Whoh!!! thats good.I understand that you told this because of your previous experience when Ather delivered a custom scooter made for you…

7 Likes

You can always fix the things you need on your own bro :blush:. Footrest, 72V battery, etc

1 Like

Its wise not to respond for stupid comments.

6 Likes

It’s even wise to think and ask😂

4 Likes

@karthikramiyer @rsrinivasang relax guys, let’s avoid name calling, and have healthy discussions here.

@karthikramiyer, at this point where the 450X will enter production shortly, it’s not feasible to make major changes to accommodate this. We had clarified multiple times earlier that adding a pillion footrest is not possible in the current frame design.

16 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: On Road Experience

Is it comfortable for pillion rider in a saree - Ather 450?

7 Likes

Comfortable

It’s 50:50

8 Likes

Do we have any after market foot rest for ladies ? please recommend a solution ?

11 Likes

Ather design makes it very difficult to fit one.

6 Likes

Ather missed this in Ather 450…same design carried over to 450X as well…and for how many more forthcoming models?

I had asked @tarun about footrest for ladies during Pune open house. He had mentioned that it’s not possible with the current design. So maybe we will have to wait till they get a scooter with complete new design or a bike.

Attaching image for reference so that it’s clear what we are talking about.

12 Likes

We made a customised Side footrest with Stainless steel first grade for my Mom to climb and sit comfortably. It is fixed with length bolts in pre-available screw spots and no alterations to frame.

This can support a load upto 80kg and is useful for foot placement in Triples ride also.

32 Likes

Nice - does not look odd - But, if Ather extend a footrest like his from the floor board, it will align with the colors better.

Can be sold as accessory at a charge.

6 Likes

Wait what? :joy: Firstly, legality of it all. Secondly, I cant get 2 well built guys on the scooter comfortably, let alone 3 folks

And lastly, would work only if the 3rd passenger doesn’t have a right leg :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

Well good idea …I like it ,:heart_eyes: But how much safety is there u only update later …:hugs:

3 Likes

It looks good. I would urge Ather to develop on this idea and come up with an accessory instead of saying it cannot be done and that the scooter is not designed for this.

10 Likes

Bro…Triples i mentioned here as travel for Family with a Child and luggages. Not for other usage😆

6 Likes

I was thinking of adding a customised foot rest like this. The clip on type design, extending the existing foot rest, I think gives it strength to withstand the weight. Really good one, I think it could be painted black with matte finish if you wish to not highlight the steel. How much did you spend for this one sir ?

3 Likes

We tried for Black coating it but not possible in SS itseems, you can do if using MS. First grade SS cost was nearly 1k for making and Fitting this.

8 Likes