On Road Experience

corrected :wink:

Hi Ather Team ,

After my ather Got service after a break down , I see lot of changes , it’s not giving me that good pick up , which I use to get, I seriously request someone to get back on this

2 Likes

Even i feel Now days pickup is not at all like before .
@abhishek.balaji pls make note that many of ather owners complaining this issue… We need solution.

4 Likes

It’s actually just one brake + Indicator center press + power…

1 Like

Hey, I know many others have been flagging this concern as well. The 4.1.0 update had no changes with respect to any of the modes. The update only had bug fixes and an update to the motor firmware, and nothing else. If we make any changes, we’ll duly notify all owners before rolling out the update.

As mentioned in one of the other threads, you will not observe peak performance of the motor at lower % of battery state due to derating. This is to ensure that you are able to get the required range, and reach home safely.

This is something that a lot of us early owners noticed too, as we get more used to the performance of the 450. Of course, you can always get your vehicle checked by the service team if you feel there’s something amiss with the performance.

Will the 100%-0% run for 5 times help here for battery maxxing?

1 Like

Nothing that’s recommended from the team, but the battery is already calibrated before you get it, so it should not have any effect.

1 Like

Has anyone tried using tempered glass/plastic screen gaurd on the dash screen??
There is one available on Amazon, but my concern is that, considering the dash is a TFT screen, in case the tempered glass breaks, can it be safely removed without damaging the screen??

The one available on amazon is not a tempered glass its a normal scratch guard used for mobiles and tablets, it can be easily removed. The correct size tempered glass for Ather is still not found.

1 Like

Hey friends:
I have covered 10k km with ather 450. Following are my observations
1.date of reg:16.2.19
2.450 on road:March 19
3.no of kms:10008
4.no of service :3+2
5.home charger: no problem
6.public charger:non functional :3spots+1 chennai
7.max range:100
8.problems on road:1.odo2.map failure n breakdown _1
9.hardware:broken plastic near headlight:2 times replaced. Cracking noice due to belt.
10.others:uncomfortable seat cover, throttle movement, gerks on road, shock absorbers.
Overall performance :good

12 Likes

Hai samarth I got 3m screen gaurd placed from ather…at the time of general service they put that…

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: M017 & M019 Errors

Oh! It’s been just two weeks since I got the bike. But I get your point!

2 Likes

Do all the 450(version 1) users still experience the fan issue when you use a sudden throttle for 10 secs (speed crossing 45) and when speed goes down to 40 the fan turning off?

2 Likes

yes especially once outside temp is around 30C.

1 Like

It has happened to me when ambient temp was 18°C :upside_down_face:
@abhishek.balaji could this be fixed with an ota?

1 Like

Today I almost did a burnout (and was about to fall) while taking a right turn on a slope(about 15° gradient).
A vehicle in front of me slowed down and so did I but before I stop completely he made the turn, I dint want to stop so I followed him. As I had slowed to about 5kmh and had to rise a little more than necessary (being on the incline) the rear tyre spun about 3-4 times faster than the front. I immediately pulled the handlebar to the left while taking the right turn and that saved me and the 450.
Lesson: don’t rev an electric while taking a turn no matter what :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Is this due to software bug?

1 Like

Nope, this was because of the tyre. If it was the Michelin wouldn’t have happened as it has better road grip in turns specifically(unlike the MRF ones, not that they’re terrible though).

2 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Dashboard restarts when riding