On Road Experience

Did they changes the tyre on the ather or the beeding ??

I probably think that they changed the beeding (they definitely did not change my tyre)

How many of u all are experiencing this issue that the sports mode has lost its max power after the recent updates
@rajeshkav @raghav.srinivasan @AnaghDeshpande @crispypoppadom

What do you all have to say about this

Are you experiencing this ?

1 Like

I felt the change right after the May OTA i believe. But personally it’s not a deal breaker for me. I cannot go more than 10ft without hitting traffic on my daily rides, so all that torque is not going to help me anyway.

1 Like

I thought this was because I got used to the vehicle🤔 but it’s also time for me to service the vehicle, and I’ve been getting lesser range and performance lately. Will update in a week or two after a service.

@rajuvelur I’ve been having pressure loss issues too. I filled up the tires and used it only once that day, then went on vacation for 5 days but still lost about 4psi of pressure for each tire when I was back. Is this normal? Because, I’d ideally get the same loss even if I used the vehicle for a week.

I think it’s completely fine . I used to lose around 20 psi in less than a week.

2 Likes

20 psi in less than a week is too much. Get your tyre valve and core fitted in it checked. Even 4 psi is bit high but still at acceptable levels.

3 Likes

The issue was resolved long ago. They told me that the issue was with the beeding of the tyre

1 Like

They were to pick up the vehicle today, but they missed out due to timing. Now they have promised to pick it up on Thu 11/14.
i shall surely keep the update posted here when i get back the vehicle and see the results.

BTW, i cannot understand the number you mention 22~25 Wh/Km. i would see that only if i do a trip of under one Km near my house and that too only in the return trip back home where i just need to roll down all the way home :wink: then i would see numbers like 150+ predicted range etc.
But have been following your posts too where you seem to be getting good numbers over long trips too…

all the best.

It is not just you alone; there are many others who have expressed the same. One obvious reason for this is my weight.:smiley:

1 Like

Hey all,

It’s been 3 days since I am using Ather, here are some of my observations. I have ridden 85 kms until now

1. The efficiency of my ride is very low. I have tried to ride it very efficiently and tried not to get the red color in the real time efficiency, but for some reason my wh/km consumption is never less that 40. It’s mostly 45 and sometimes it’s 56.
    Is there any reason this could happen, or is it very normal ?

1. There are lot of other sounds than just the whee in the vehicle, there’s some clunking sound constantly in the rear section, and if I have a pillion, it increases even more. There is the belt rubbing sound very loud (louder than the whee) and sometimes there is also some sound of something scraping the floorboard, this scraping is usually more when there is an incline.

2. Whenever I jump some hump, there’s a thud sound, and i can feel it against the seat, even before the tyre touches the road. It’s like the shock absorber rebounding or something, not sure though.

3. Dogs and cats tend to not like the whee, within 3 days almost 10 dogs barked at me and some are like very very scared, they start running all over suddenly when they see me come, same thing with the cats. What could be the reason, Is the whee sound that irritating to them, if it is then we need to soften it a little. I feel very sorry for them.
    I normally start honking to dampen the whee sound a little.

Experienced riders could give some insight.
Thanks

3 Likes

Check out this FAQ on best practices for better range and efficiency.

The belt noise that you hear is due to resonance from the belt and motor. This will go away after 1k or so odo kms.

That is the seat. The rear suspension is too springy for a single rider so when you go over humps it tends to jump back up pretty fast and the seat lock will greet you with a thud. The answer to question#1 will address this - you need to be more slower while going over humps.

Yep. I face this ever other day. Thanks to sport mode i just race away when they start chasing me.

2 Likes

Hey @raghav.srinivasan,
Really appreciate your time. Will try to follow the links you have shared, and update on the same.
Thank you very much

1 Like

My dog happily sits in front on the Ather without complaining. My guess is that it’s a new sound, hence they approach with caution.

3 Likes

Used to happen earlier. Now I guess they are used to the sound.

1 Like

Yaa, I think the motor sound also gets more smoother after some kms

Hey All,

I found out that the rear number plate and the saree guard are making a lot of noise, the number plate is touching the mudguard and the saree guard is very loose and makes lot of sound when run on small humps. The number plate part I can provide some filling using a double sided tape between the gap. But the saree guard, there is no way I can fix.
Is it ok, if I remove the saree guard ?

I removed it within the first week of delivery itself. You’ll need an Allen key set for the 2 screws that hold it in place.

3 Likes

Yaa, I do sometimes like to cruise in low speeds, and its not at all peaceful because of the noise created. But if I am at higher speeds, the motor whee dampens all the extra noise.
I’ll try to remove it today, should I be asking autovert for the same ?

The number plate and saree guard should not rattle under normal use. I had some rattling issues only when I attached a Bike Blazer to it, which made it heavier. Try raising a service request to fix this before removing the saree guard?