On Road Experience

I have found my dashboard to be completely unusable, it’s impossible to type on. I just pick the destination on the app and push location to the scooter if I need navigation.

2 Likes

@raghav.srinivasan, not many people are aware about using the Ignition switch for Navigation and controlling the Screen I guess!!! Have seen and heard many of them not knowing this bit!!!

2 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ather One and Subscriptions

Hi guys.
I’ve ridden my scooter for 2000km now. And for the past week I felt like the tire pressure was down so I checked it (4 days ago) it was down to 15psi I repressurized it but 2 days ago I checked it again and it was down to 9psi and repressurized it.
What do you think I need to do now ?
I have a few small issues too. Idk if I can ask service to come home to fix it. They’re quite minor. But if they do come to fix my tire could I ?
The minor issues are:

1. The throttle feels sticky, like it’s not lubed well so when I accelerate the throttle grip sticks. Not enough to prevent it from returning to it’s neutral postiion.
  2. The seat the lock issue everyone has.
  3. My rear break lever has loosened up a bit. Not as responsive as before.
2 Likes

This a safety issue. Please call support and schedule a service request.

5 Likes

I’ve had all these issues.

The break levers for both front and back brakes wouldn’t be as responsive or have the bite especially after a wash and polish. Did you wash the vehicle recently?

Assumed everybody had the sticky throttle problem. But it hasn’t really affected my throttle response. Works fine as usual. Either way, will be sending the scooter for a service to fix all these, since I’ve finished 5k Kms.

Thanks for pointing these out. Have gotten used to all these minor issues, but now I’ll make a note of these and get them fixed during service.

2 Likes

After riding 8000+ kms. First puncher to rare wheel😼

3 Likes

Great !
in my case, eve after 8000+ Kms, no one has any idea why the tyre pressure drops down to 23, but stays at that !!
AtherService told me that they had tested the issue by keeping my wheel under water to confirm that there was no leakage. So where is the pressure loss happening ?? hmm…

i am getting the tyre pressure checked very frequently these days… i have not visited the petrol bunk so frequently even when i was using the ICE :frowning:
Have reported this to Ather yet again… Hope they can find the issue.

5 Likes

Oh, this road! It’s right next to my house :stuck_out_tongue: I ride here every day. Did you try the road parallel to this?! Its 15° steep. I got the Ather team test the bike here before I bought it.

2 Likes

They told me that the loss of pressure issue is caused by the faulty beeding of the tyre

3 Likes

So changing the tyres to a better one would resolve the issue ??
As I saw some here in the forum they have changes to Michelin tyres and its lot better now compared to MRF.

1 Like

Michelin tires for the ather would definitely be a better choice than the MRF and would solve the problem…but I just gave my ather to the service centre and they fixed it…so still I am using the MRF with the pressure loss issue solved and now it’s much better.

2 Likes

I have changed to michelin tyres and Idont see pressure drop. I refill once in a month.

2 Likes

I have MRF Stock tyre. I too do not see any abnormal dip in Tyre pressure. Usually I fill 30psi once a month and it dips to 26~27psi in a month’s time (which I think is norm).

1 Like

I got the straight valve for the tyres (instead of the L shaped one) and after that I don’t see frequent drop in air pressure.
One disadvantage however is that the air pump I have can’t be used. I have ot go to a fuel station or tyre shop to top up. The Triton valves are one of the best so better to go for that (Not sure which valve is being used by Ather)

You can try that probably before going for a new of tyres.

3 Likes

i am happy for you…
You have a blessed vehicle :wink:

i have reported once again on the issues :

1. tyre pressure loss,
  2. non responsive touch panel as well as
  3. a consistent increase in the battery consumption

to customer care and i was told that they are doing some backend check/diagnosis on all these aspects.

Waiting to hear back from them before they decide to take the vehicle again to have a look at the issues and hopefully resolve them.

1 Like

really? i doubt… so far I have called Ather service 5 times for different aspects over the period of 10 months.

Is this only in the middle of dashboard? If so, then this is firmware issue. I too had the same and they fixed in a minute.

What is the symptom like?

1 Like

5 times… well in 8 months i believe i have called them 3 times only, may be my run rate is better then :slight_smile:

For the dash board, they told they had re-flashed the firmware, but no change. Then second attempt, they said they have replaced it with a new panel, but no luck. This is the third attempt now.
It is not just specific parts of the screen, when it goes into the non responsive mode, even the menu or the maps area goes dead, let alone the tiny trip meter change area.

i used to see the consumption number in the area of 32Wh/Km(as reported by the trip meter) i would reset the trip meter for each trip(to office (25Kms and then back home(25kms)). these days that has gone up to 41+. in turn i see the corresponding decrease in the range. i am now putting the vehicle on charge at both ends. i hate to see myself jumping into ECO mode for the last 10 Kms.

1 Like

So sorry to read on both topics… I wish your 450 speedy recovery. However both are interesting topics and I am interested to know on outcome when it fixed. Please update.

41 Wh/Km is way high… (even 32 too). My efficiency is like 22~25 Wh/Km.

I can vouch for the brand!! Don’t ask me why?!!:wink:
And they are available in all Madhu’s Tyre care, Ceat & MRF showrooms.
And the vehicle that i drove at Ather Space had a Triton Valve.

1 Like