little busy

i want to be in detail

also working on more scenarios

but am able to entertain myself with my Ather 450 Flight

and video is just sample not even half power

I’ll give more details later may be tomorrow evening

bed time now

3 Likes

Are you using ather grid in your journey for reacharging?. Charging infrastruture installation from government helps to ride to Nandi hills with full throttle without consumption worries.

1 Like

never used it

only once just to check how fast it is

published findings on the forum

also when i went to Ather space though i don’t really need it i have done fast charging (because am going there i have zerod the battery)

in the city am sure no one will have a problem

more we are connected the better eco system it becomes, have ideas on the same and just got the right product…

just that we refine it with care and hope our Bharath startup should be huge giving nightmares to others from else where…

my wish is to be self sufficient

4 Likes

Hello Ather gang

excuse me for delayed update…

let get started

haven’t got pic for start but have taken after few km’s (was too excited as have decided to climb hill what so ever…)

i was doing better in terms of maintaining speed and battery efficiency day by day - now that i have understood the vehicle for a week - i have made best use if the power consumption and by the time i reach this place

from where we exit the highway and head towards nandi hills i was left with 70% battery (1% for every KM).

have stopped there and spent time to see surroundings to understand if there are any ports - though it is not good idea to charge here as i will be economical only for next 10% - in terms of time v/s charge factor…

have headed further 10km till here

where the battery % was around 57 (lost 13% for this strech of about 10km)

spent lot of time here roaming to find appropriate place to charge - but no success

there is no electricity then and i was informed that from 6am to 3pm there is no electricity…

now headed further

there is electricity and is perfect place to have charging station at least 5A…

tried convincing many but no-one is ready to believe this will take less than a unit for 1hr charge (i wanted to enjoy the hill with speeds so charge is needed here) - have tried offering money but that didn’t work too…

finally this person with small chips shop (not the Dhaba but there is small chips stall) have agreed and i did manage him to agree for 30min charge for Rs. 20 or 30…

But the plug appeared 5A to the eye but it couldn’t cheat my portable charger and dashboard displayed not charging and then i realized there could be possibility of improper earthing too hence didn’t want to take chance and have removed the charger immediately.

now that i didn’t want to return home without climbing have - but have decided to not to cross 40kmph to reserve some battery for return home

as this was the first time i have been to nandi hills (to the top) - i didnt knew only cars are allowed to complete to - there is parking for 2 wheeler at about 800meter before complete hill climb and only cars are allowed - not sure why…

it was just a cake walk for my Flight 6947

next time ill do max speeds on climb which i will enjoy a lot…

now headed immediately back to bottom but regen on all the time (but again - there is no 100% regen hence couldnt make much out of it)

also there is no network to understand battery status - it is pure guess…

@Ather.Team need some help here

by the time i came down the hill - didnt bother to charge instead got an idea to hypermile+ and have been in control with the throttle and not speed - to see max range

speeds were as low as 5kmph and high as 30kmph - didnt by pass any of the flyover in the middle though i had a chance.

i was doing low speeds one of the retired IAF employee have offered help - advised him that i was testing range for my scooter… so he said he is aware of this startup and he appreciated me for opting for EV…

later when i was nearing yelhanka on flyover - this happened

Total km from 100%-0% today = 99.1 Km’s

now have started pushing scooter (about 5km away from home)

after about 2.5km found one petrol bunk - have requested the person for charge which they are again worried…again i was upset with people mindset - but didnt bother so started pushing which i can manage the rest -

this guy (Ajay) with pollution check center in the same area have offered help himself without any request…

this time charger worked with no problem - was there for about 20 min and got 17% charge (Motor wouldn’t start until u have min 15% charge once u zero the battery so it is always good to recharge battery when it is nearing 15%)

i offered him money he didn’t accept, i offered him thanks - hen didn’t accept that too - and he said this is not even a help to thank!!!

so i decided at least give a demo of features of scooter as i couldn’t give him a ride (battery low - he might not be able to enjoy)

later i asked him if i pay him every month (my be 100 or 200) every month can he put a display free charging and offer charging 24*7 with 5A plug installed outside for any EV…

he is more than happy to offer help but he didn’t have absolute discretion on that…so no luck on that

ill cover some on this plan in other topic

but over all i was happy that i am in more sync with scooter like ever before

Special mention:

our friend @imatrixshiv

• i was excited to meet him near the hill but he was busy and timing was not perfect. he reached hill when i have reached home but have decided to meet him so asked him to stay there near the hill when he returns from top - so that i can go back again to meet him.
    but he ringed me after he reached a petrol bunk when his ev was recharging - headed there and met him

was really happy to meet him and had good time talking to him and his friend accompanying him …

Astrounot with Helmet is our friend @imatrixshiv

both headed home later

over all it was a great day …

sorry if u find that camera quality poor…

later in the evening i noticed the post with screen shot of tweet from @tarun

thank u

19 Likes

That was full of passion and craziness… Pushing vehicle for 5 km… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

99km, very impressive

2 Likes

Wonderful to read this and i have requested ather team to install grid on top of nandi hills.
Hopefully should be installed Soon.

7 Likes

I’ve been silently watching your trips and findings. I think this is amazing what you’ve done bro! I’m sure the Ather team as well as everyone else on this forum is super excited about the 450 and it’s abilities now.

Pushing the limits of this scooter in the real world and the scooter living up to more than our expectations is brilliant. That’s how we know this is a product that’s ‘designed’ so well and not just a bunch of electric parts put together.

Hope a lot more people are inspired by you and adopt EVs in the future starting with the 450. All the best!

12 Likes

Hello Ather gang

just a quick observation

initially when i posted this video i though many people will get this question - but appears camera focus is not good, so it is not obvious

look at the video from 2:06 - 2:09 and 2:24-2:42 - you will observe when i engage regen the visual UI bar for speed increases though am at constant speed or even less speeds

have been observing this from long time which is good - we at least have confirmation that some regen is working… you can feel the deceleration as well - but is not strong

good to know----

also FYI

day before this happened (Monday)

Ak

7 Likes

one more to nandhi hill

i know u all must me bored by this time with this nandhi hill topic

but last time i was doing very low speeds

but that is not our Ather is for

so another flight with pace

most of the time i was doing 70+

promise i will not post nandhi hill here again

later I’ll share the experience

17 Likes

you have aptly chosen Nandhi Hills because here you and ur plane-450 experiences good variations of G-force.

3 Likes

Did you find a way to charge to complete the trip without need to push?

Waiting to hear range you got with such good speeds

3 Likes

The hair pin where you over took 3-4 motor bikes so easily was epic :grinning:

7 Likes

Be safe buddy… I was little scared at times while watching this video !

4 Likes

Same here… :slight_smile:

1 Like

hi were those electric 4 wheelers at the end of your video?

s

Nice. Who helped you to charge this time? Is ot the same guy?

Be safe mate!! I did skip a couple of beats during those 10 mins! :wink:

2 Likes

Hello Ather gang

This time I want to test max speed on a hill climb like nandi hills (Range is not a concern and not a point here – but still I have taken pic at start)

You can see though am little bad rider (in terms of riding vehicle as it was supposed to) I have 75km in ECO mode (am exact sync with Ather team)

But my Appeal is not to adhere to this - it is just a projection and can be improved just by changing riding style for a particular ride…

this can be perfected over a course of time - but not now

This time because range is not out test target – I was cruising more than 50km most of the time while am heading towards the hill…

when have reached toll gate noticed police were doing their job (I was little excited – as I have never shown my license to a cop and am excited now as am about to show the license with swag) – I was following the Q, when my turn arrived – cop waved his hand asking me to park and come over – I instead have waived my hand asking him to come over to the vehicle and check out my cool dashboard – he was little annoyed and started walking towards me and noticed green board (by this time have opened docs on Dashboard) – he asked me if this is Battery Vehicle (‘EV’) – I replied yes and suddenly he lost interest – exact opposite I anticipated and walked away from me and asked me to leave!!!

cop didn’t check the license – OH!!! NOOOOO!!!
Appears cops didn’t know there is a fast EV in the city!!!

By the time I was close to hill it was around 6 – and battery % around 50 which is decent to climb but I didn’t want to hyper mile back home as it is not a range test so, tried reaching all the hotels around and started checking if they can help – no one is interested – may be the way I approach didn’t interest them…
For about an hour – I was asking many of them and then I saw this Temple with Electricty ‘hanuman temple’

Inquired nearby people and got to know this was managed by Manjunath and his family

He was very helpful and when I said I can pay for electricity and he refused and advised me ‘if am willing to pay – you may want to donate to the temple – any amount’
So have requested if I can charge for an 1/2hour he got the key for the temple and when I plugged in our flight refused to charge – dash board says not charging – isn’t sure if this was due to charger or the problem with line itself – then he asked me to check at his home – no luck there as well (I asked him to ride to his home). Though there was help available I was unlucky.

Now headed further and within 200m I found a guy who is curious with the bike and he asked if this is electric and so I took the opportunity (by this time I was hopeless and started thinking to hyper mile back home) and asked for charge – he immediately asked to come to his mechanic shed (very small one) and allowed me to plug in……

I waited till the battery is close to 80% - may be 35-40min – and started with the climb –
hope every one liked the video on my mobile – good to see there were concerns about my safety – but I am careful about it and I can assure the same –

I am dam happy and I think Ather has lot more potential to improve my Flight

Now headed back down hill

I haven’t used much of regen as I felt am not in need of it and this trip is not for that

now I purchased some grapes and headed home

I didn’t take pic of dash board when I return home but I remember odometer was around – 1390 and left with some charge of 2-4%…

I enjoyed the climb – but am waiting for an upgrade so that I can do 90+

This is a wonderful machine – one can own in the current Electric Market –

Ak

10 Likes