On Road Experience

Thank you. Ather team is it possible for you to provide switchable regen strength, which can be utilised by the rider if he is coming down from hilly areas like Nandi hills

3 Likes

Thanks a lot Shreyas (also to all the future owner’s)

i have been making few observations which am sharing all the time on the forum… which at-least interested are updated…

I know you guys are working hard to bring the best experience to us - which might take time but it will be good if we can provide updates ASAP (as u may know already)

may i request you to please update on priorities which Ather is working currently - may be via newsletter (as not all are on the forum or not active on the forum at-least newsletter will take their attention)

one last request please let me know if the team is working battery stats ( percentage % left, Current Consumption E.g- 100kw/h and battery temperature) - i know that they are planning some UI similar to speed but am interested to know if team can accommodate above instead
display on the dashboard of vehicle… this will help me a lot.

also i Know you are working on algorithm which gives prediction which will improve in time but can we at-least have an option to choose between the 2 (Battery % and Range left) in dashboard settings…just in case if you (Ather) wouldn’t want to display both at the same time…

thanks a lot for your appreciation again
cheers

4 Likes

Thats very generous of you mate! If you can drive around the Central Business District, like Avenue Road, BVK Iyengar Road around morning or evening peak hours like 5:30-6 to 7 would be great.
It has both a combination of stop gap traffic and bad roads but it does not let you rest in between, so consumes lots of fuel on conventional ICE vehicles, your experience on the Ather would be invaluable.

3 Likes

Hi Abhishek, I would like to try it out with you once with my Chinese EV. It’s all experiments. Let’s go to Nandi hills and back with one more ICE scooter as backup if we run into issues or couldn’t find charging point. I believe coming down hill will be negligible battery consumption as EV won’t drain battery if we don’t use acceleration. And regeneration would help too.

5 Likes

have tried the route from Ather Space after charging to 80% with fast charger (tried first time)

so the route plan shared by our friend

talk

get started by adding plan to google maps

now lets get started

i was little amazed with traffic and for such a short distance there are traffic signals for every 2 blocks!!! till first point

now the real video game started

both Ather dashboard navigation and google were trying to serve me better pointing different directions to second point

now am confused

took a second to think and decided to follow google maps on my mobile

and now the real surprise to me

i am not sure if those roads/lane will qualify to call as footpath even but there are so many business which are active in these lanes and people are literally every ware and appears it is pretty common for them

wish i could have taken video but it is hard to hold mobile in these lanes

now reached some how to second point

actually i didnt require either normal/power mode or Eco mode

even with park assist u feel like u r racing (but with humans)

now headed to home

note: though 450 is in Power mode -

i was in Maniac mode - was pushing limits of the scooter even with shorter gaps

11 Likes

Thanks for the update.
What was the total range you got after the trip?

1 Like

So how many KMs did you travel totally and how much did Ather actually promise in the beginning?
Is there a difference between what Ather shows and Ather actually delivered in this travel since there was heavy traffic?

1 Like

Congrats @Abhishek, Ather team appreciated your time and efforts which you took experience and share us feedback in their official Twitter Account.

19 Likes

!decided!

planning a trip this Saturday

I’ll try to get charger by Friday…

this time I’ll make it to the top

i will get in touch with u with plan details

but no ice even for help…

now time to sleep

6 Likes

hello Ather gang

am excited with this video

original intention was to analyse performance of battery @ max speed (constant) 90kmph

but sound record really came well

please donot miss take off and landing

welcome to Ather 450 Flight with pilot Abhishek

thanks @Ather.Team for such great machine

please note have done these kind of simulation at different times of the day

but for this particular trip HeadWind is considerably high - so motor have put more effort to keep speeds @90kmph all the time and consistent

otherwise battery consumtion for other trips was little lower around 10% and 12%

@Ather.Team request you to add speed on App and Odometer on 450 dashboard - as it is just syncing data and might not take much effort

please advise

12 Likes

ಅಬಿಷೇಕ ಅವರೆ ನಿಮಗೆ ನಿಮ್ಮ ವಿಮಾನ ಸಿಕ್ಕಿದೆ.ನೀವೇ ಪುಣ್ಯವಂತರು. ನಮ್ಮ ವಿಮಾನಕ್ಕಾಗಿ ಕಾಯುತ್ತೇವೆ.ನಾವೂ ಪೈಲಟ್ ಆಗ್ತೇವೆ. ಈಗಾಗಲೇ ಬುಕ್ ಮಾಡಿದ ಎಲ್ಲಾ ಪ್ರೀಯರಿಗೂ ಆದಷ್ಟು ಬೇಗನೆ ವಿಮಾನ ಕೋಡ್ಸೋಕಾಗತ್ತಾ ನಿಮ್ಮ ಹತ್ರ . ದಯವಿಟ್ಟು ಸ್ವಲ್ಪ ನಮ್ಮ ಬಗ್ಗೆನೂ ಕಾಳಜಿ ವಹಿಸಿ.

10 Likes

@Abhishek :grinning::grinning::grinning::pray:

I am sure you will have few of the guys in @Ather.Team really worried and chewing away their nails!! I am also sure they are gonna have a Monday morning huddle on this topic and probably going through your “flight’s” telemetry over and over again !! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

all set for tomorrow trip

baught portable charger… and have prepared an extension cord.

our friend @imatrixshiv wants to join me… am excited to meet him…

more excited that am trying hill for the first time on my Ather flight 450…

11 Likes

all the best! safe riding!

2 Likes

How much portable charger costed?

1 Like

All the best bro… do safe journey…

2 Likes

finally

enjoy the video

absorb it

it was effort less

I’ll show my findings later

19 Likes

It’s none other than @Abhishek keep rocking.

9 Likes

Hi Abhishek, i saw video but can you explain the experience you had when you reached there and how you convinced a person who allowed to charge and how much percentage battery you charged to get back home.

4 Likes