On Road Experience

Glad that you didn’t have to push… I overall how many kilometers in how much charge %

1 Like

Great to see the bike action. I think @Ather.Team you guys have an opportunity to put the charging station installed either at Indian parata company hotel where people can sit charge their bike and move forward. Just a suggestion.

Thanks,
Akhil

5 Likes

I have observed a lot of interest in people on the roads on a daily basis, with most common questions being

1. How much is the cost?
  2. How much is the range? and surprisingly
  3. Is it electric? :smiley: (Someone even asked me if it runs on solar power?!)
    which was expected but what was disappointing a bit was that most of the people who showed interest in the 450 had not heard about Ather. May be a few billboard advertisements on the ORR and other prominent office traffic roads could go a long way in spreading the work quickly, just a suggestion.

PS: The @Ather.Team has done a fantastic job with the design of the vehicle and I can feel it everyday. Even the huge number of eyeballs catching its presence on Bengaluru roads, in peak traffic is an ode to that. Kudos!

5 Likes

Got to see first ather 450 on road near my home… Chamrajpet TR MILL… :heart_eyes:

1 Like

A friend called me immediately (and asked me when I’ll get my scooter) when he saw a Swiggy guy on Ather :smile:

7 Likes

Advertisements are not necessary for Ather at this stage. They already have huge backlog of orders to be delivered in Bengaluru and there are many guys like me in different cities across India eagerly waiting to buy.

More cities, word of mouth, new models will be enough for Ather to get new orders for many years to come. No need to waste money on advertisements. Their strategy is similar to Tesla.

4 Likes

When the regen brakes are engaged, does the taillight light up?

nope

just checked

also i feel it is not required

as regen is low

if they assign hard regen to front brake Ather don’t have to work for this separately…

1 Like

hello Ather gang

came here

to buy this

but appears plant is closed. I’ll come back on Monday

heading back home around 39km

charge left 55%

should be easy

let us check if i will be left with any battery

4 Likes

back home now on flight 6947

start

the end

battery% left

just plugged in

What is Max speed during the entire ride…

50+

plan was to stay around 40

stayed around the same 35-40

on the highway very little effort required to keep the pace constant

hello after gang

am here

kolar

started from park square mall with 83%

now

5 Likes

excellent updates from @Abhishek and we are all learning from his exp. as well.

2 Likes

from my recent ride experience: the indicator sound is hardly heard and hence we miss to switch off the same.

1 Like

@Abhishek @Shreyas @Ather.Team
When stopping at signals, is it better to keep the kill switch on till a couple seconds for green light or should we kill it and reengage ready to switch on motor? this is more from the battery efficiency perspective. also, if we do not off the motor or engage the kill switch - does it consume more battery?

5 Likes

in terms of efficiency it doesn’t make big difference for you

but in terms of safety engaging kill switch at a signal stop is good idea

1 Like

you don’t have to

it should turn off automatically when turn is complete

(at times this might not work, you can restart the system to fix it at this stage. but with the new update this bug will be fixed)

thanks @Abhishek , but I don’t see the indicators turning off automatically. might need more efficiency in switching off automatically.

It will turnoff automatically even in low speed also. If it’s not happening do one shutdown your bike from dashboard display and restart it. It will solve this problem as of now. Once new OTA will adhere this issue too

1 Like