On Road Experience

Going to Chennai :wink:
How about we do It next week?
This trip will be waaaay better than Nandi hills.

1 Like

lol Being a Bangalorean I never went to Nandi hills. Most of my friends who went there came back disappointed.

3 Likes

Wanted to share 3 bugs I encountered on my Ather.

1. A couple of weeks back, while coasting down hill, I decided to switch off the motor to see, just out of curiosity if it would make a difference to the coasting speed (it did not). However, once I was back on flat surface and I turned on the motor (green “motor on” signal) and applied the throttle, the motor did not respond. I had to pull to the side of the road and initiate the restart sequence to get the motor back on.

2. Yesterday, when I pulled out of parking to start my commute, the battery showed 0% charge (though it was fully charged) and prompted me to plug in the charger. Once again, I had to restart the dashboard to get the vehicle going again.

3. Twice, on consecutive days, I faced an issue where the lock pin in the charging port prevented me from plugging in charger. The solution, once again, was to restart the system.

These are not major issues, but I wanted to highlight them here nevertheless.

3 Likes

How’s the coat now? Is there any colour change? Fading?

Hey Abhishek. That road. Near Iskon that you rode on. I live near that. And I’ve ordered my 450. I was wondering how the ather handles that incline. Can it climb that incline? if yes does it have to have some momentum when it hits the slope? And can it climb the incline form a stand still ? I hope you understand why I’m concerned. I’ll be traversing that road everyday. And I’m a little concerned.

1 Like

Hi Suraj, i climb a very steep incline going out of my home (i mean very…mountain types) on single person (87kg) even ride mode handles it while with 2 people (140kg) sports mode is required. Sports mode was also able to handle 180kgs up that incline but with a lot of noise

3 Likes

Hey Suraj, I know the exact road you are talking about. While it looks steep, it’s less than 15 degrees(at maximum)

I’ve tried riding on it alone and with a pillion. Absolutely doable. No momentum required.
Also, climbs from a stand still in either modes

10 Likes

True, I tried similar steep incline with pillion Rider (both weight combined 150 kg)… It definitely climbs but with some noise…

2 Likes

Hey I stay nearby too. Pm me.

1 Like

I would request to have proper gear, if you really wanted to do high speed riding. While 90 is somewhat keeping pace with the rest of dirty IC vehicles :wink: still a high speed for a scooter.

However Ather is more of a bike in Scooter garb we, good riding gear would save the day.

1 Like

Oh boy, the Ather 450 is attention seeker. Everyone gets attracted to this beautiful vehicle. It also brings smile on people and unknown people also become ur well wisher.

It’s absolutely pleasure to ride this vehicle.

Still pushing the vehicle instead of using parking assistant. It’s difficult to break old habit.

My only concern as of now is the noises the vehicle is making. I have done multiple test ride, but never noticed such weird noises. Hopefully the noise will vanish as it rans more kms.

Thank you Ather for this wonderful product.

The next big test for Ather would be after sales services, I hope they meet the customer expectations and make the journey in years to come an pleasant one.

3 Likes

I have noticed today the regen intensity has gone low @Ather.Team is their any changes on it.

No OTA updates. So should not be any change.

But how are you measuring the intensity?

Once I reverse the throttle the reduction in speed is not happening. Their is only slight variations on speed this was compared to earlier speed.
I would have got use to breaking distance but today it over through it.

What was the battery % today? As you might know regen does work when the battery capacity falls below 80% ONLY.

3 Likes

84% to be precise

3 Likes

Thanks @rajeshkav for the update.
Generally I try to avoid charging above 80% today it was 93% which I completely forgot after Chennai visit.:thinking:.

1 Like

i did see it happen after wash or rain

where in bidarahalli i travel often in varanasi, Halehalli Hebron t c palya n K R Pura

I usually turn off auto brightness because at night or late evening it doesn’t set to lowest. So I turn off auto and set to lowest.

But, almost Everytime morning or evening when I turn on the vehicle, if I try to change the screen brightness from settings screen, it just doesn’t respond. Either it requires infinite touches or 1-2 turn off and turn on.

I m not sure if it’s app bug or touch screen latency or laggy software.

But I see this Everytime I try to change brightness