On Road Experience

Probably a bug.
Report the problem!!

Ather owners are probably used to the incessant questions on mileage, cost, etc. Today I heard that one comment no one has asked me till date.

I was at the bike seat cover store and the owners friend stopped by to say hi. He noticed my 450 getting its new skin and wanted to know about it. I took a back seat and let the owner answer his questions.

Friend : Battery bike a ?
Owner: Yes. It’s a battery bike
Friend: what about service?
Owner: What service does this need? If the battery stops working just put in a new one and drive away.
Friend : Then what about people like me? How will I make a living if these things don’t need any service?
Owner: Create an opportunity and you’ll find all the work you need.

Turns out the other guy runs a shop selling lubricants and does engine rebuilds for a living. He’s already figured out that the end of the line is getting closer for him.

15 Likes

A breed of humans thats know as Bengaluru Cab driver has hit my rides side panel with minor scratches. Where should i get it painted? Ather or local shop. Also can Ather be painted or do i need to repace the part for such a small issue. Some advice please

3 Likes

Oh bad!

• Enquire price of parts changing by calling customer support.

• Check the price repaint cost in the painting shop and decide.

Replacing cost will be lesser than repaint cost when I had same issue last 2 week before.

2 Likes

Sad to see this.
First things first, Ather warranty or AtherOne subscriptions will not cover this. You have four options in my opinion-what you want to do is entirely left to you.

1. Get panel painted at Ather
  2. Get panel painted outside
  3. Get it replaced by Ather.
  4. Ignore and continue using the vehicle.

If it is on Lease, and you choose to keep it as it is, deductions if any will be at the discretion of Autovert. if you own it, then decision making will be a little bit easier.

If you are replacing the parts, assuming only 2 panels are damaged…Floating panel is around 800 and floor side panel is around 900 and the labour will be around 600

My estimate if you are painting at some place outside…might cost you around 2000

7 Likes

Thanks Hemanth. Will get it done tomorrow… Being a mallu, i hate even a speck on my ride

5 Likes

Cheta…I got panels replaced when my 450 had similar (actually lesser) scratches. I’m a Kannadiga by the way and even I hate scratches on my vehicles. We are all Athereans :slight_smile:

18 Likes

I’m sorry but you didn’t have to say this. We all love our vehicles. May it be a mallu or a kannadiga or who ever it may be. Everyone hates scratches.

6 Likes

That is If you manage to do the paint matching perfectly. Do remember, Ather took months to finalize that shade oh white.

Who’d have thought choosing a white colour could be so tedious!

5 Likes

And based on the charges incurred by @santosh.rism it is very likely that replacement cost will be close (if not cheaper) than painting…

1 Like

I hoped that was evident. Thats a running mallu joke of white spotless cars. Makes no sense to point out vehicle care in a grouo thats buying 1.23 lakh vehicles. Peace out

3 Likes

I write this after exactly one month of usage… everything is great but range is a concern, one question which hovers my head is , should i be riding 30-40kmph all the time which sucks to achieve the predicted range, light throttling can screw the range… travel 45kms to 50kms on an avg… a full day on sport mode is a joke for me, but with ride more i can do it comfortably, yes but if the speed is in 30-40kmph range acceleration, the red beam has to be adhered to for the guaranteed range. The bummer definitely has been the range in my experience cant maintain a constant watch and control the power! The vehicle is smooth and road grip is great, i wish it had better range!! This would do justice for the price!!! This is the only regret after one month of daily commute!! The last 15% and odd is just a pain as i live in Nagaravhavi which is hilly it struggles to climb, it feels like the flight is crying!!
@Ather.Team

2 Likes

Based on my one week experience, I feel braking and hills affect range more than acceleration.

Whenever I coast and apply regen to slow down at signals, I tend to get good range

Today, stats is showing good range despite some spirited driving in between

2 Likes

Is there a Grid Point near your route? Spend 10mins charging up and that 8-10kms range it adds will stop your range anxiety worries.

2 Likes

My view is not a micro ride sir, i have done better coasting and have got better numbers, but my point is with out doing all this its should give the desired range!!

1 Like

That i do Sir when the need arises but this should not be the case when you have paid a good price right atleast 65kms effortlessly, not applying to much intel while riding like you would on a ICE scooter… its debatable but its always better to have higer range inbound!!

1 Like

Look at how much you use the throttle. I drive exclusively in sport mode. The only time I use ride mode is when the battery goes below 10km or if it’s raining (sports mode is torquey for wet roads).

There was one time when I had around 18kms left and I had a good 15kms ride back home at midnight. Switched to Ride mode and did consistent speeds of 40-45. I still had around 8kms left when I reached home.

I would have done the same reduced throttling on a ICE bike too, knowing that most of the petrol bunks would have shutdown in my route.

5 Likes

For wheelspin issue in rain i implore you to change to better tyres, mrf are the worst

When I ride the scooter:
I ride 55 kms to office all in sport mode and I don’t care a damn about the red glow. I hit 80-90kmph many times on NICE road I’ll have 10-15kms left by the end of the day. There will also be around 2km drop due to trickle drain when I park the scooter at office in this.
When my wife rides the scooter:
The up and down distance per day is 45kms, 2kms trickle drain and another 30 kms left. She once used it for 3 trips (1 up and 2 down) to office. She rides in ride mode however but still drives in and around 60kmph sometimes.

I don’t know how you ride but 50 kms should be easily doable per day

6 Likes

55 kms / day every day !!! :slight_smile:

1 Like