On Road Experience

All:

I got my Ather delivered on 14th Mar. Till now i have. It had been smooth riding of about 250 kms in this 4 days. Here are my few observations

1. Riding is very smooth and excellent feeling. Pick up with non-eco mode is very instant. This is causing a bit discomfort for pillion rider.
  2. Side stand is not comfortable at all. At places where ground is not flat it is becoming difficult to park the vehicle.
  3. It showed 71 km on full charge in eco mode for first 3 days. Today when i charged it is showing only 61 kms. Ather team to address this.
  4. Facing issues with mirror adjustment. Ather team to address it.
3 Likes

During test tide we too observed that pillion rider discomfort.@ather_rajs.in Team Request yo provide better support to hold or increase the height of support to hold comfortably.

Exact same observation my wife had. I gave that as feedback to the rep at at the Ather Space.

wow… 250km in 4 days.
we have another excellent user here. :slight_smile:

drive safe and all the best.

3 Likes

Over time this will tune as per your riding style and this will happen with the next update. hope you have the latest version in your bike.

3 Likes

How often does the interface freeze for people? 2nd day of ownership and I’ve had to “hard reset” the interface thrice. Everything on the motor and vehicle works fine, it is only the dashboard that freezes.

4 Likes

It has happened to me only once over the past 45 days of ownership

1 Like

Happened once to me in the last 3 weeks of ownership.

1 Like

Hmm okay, I’ll wait for a few more days and see how it fares.

Hey Pratul,

Can you elaborate on the instances it has frozen, and if it’s repeatable? This feedback will help us identify the root cause and improve the software in the coming update.

Regards,
Shreyas

1 Like

hey Shreyas

this is quite similar to a mobile behavior

at times when processor is not able to handle the load it just gives up and screen freezes or displays things with latency for a while and mobile restarts…

same behavior with vehicle screen…

for me this is not very often but is there

4 Likes

Reached 1000kms mark…

11 Likes

@pkg7723 Congratulations for reaching 1000 kms mark.

A question to Ather owners and @Shreyas:
Is there a way to check the total number of units of electricity (KWh) used, just like the number of kilometers driven?

2 Likes

All 3 times it has been quite random, and definitely not reproducible.

• Twice it was right after I was interacting with the screen at a traffic signal, then signal went green, I accelerated, and the next time I stopped the screen had stopped responding.
  • Once it froze mid-ride and got stuck at 29 kmph or something. I was glad nothing else stopped working, and I quickly paused on the side of the road, did a reset, and everything was fine again.
2 Likes

Thanks Pratul, (and Abhishek)

This helps. Sending it to the team for bug fixing.

In the future if you come across this issue, please don’t panic as the vehicle’s critical functions operate independent of the dashboard as there is firmware level control on all subsystems (battery, motor+controller, aux power, etc).

Please do report these instances to us as this helps improve the software functionality for future versions.

7 Likes

Oh yeah I know that — and never panicked when it happened. 3 years of following Ather closely, has its advantages :grin:

5 Likes

Today was just my third day with the Ather and a very weird thing happened. So I had like 31km range left and I shutdown the Ather at work to save charge. 4 hours later when I checked the range had dropped down to 21km. I forgot to check the percentage but would have dropped 10-15% or more. @Shreyas

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Dashboard

@Shreyas
Good morning…
3rd day of ownership…
Problem faced: Today I witnessed few problems in the navigation. Where it’s not loading in the vehicle dashboard ,map keeps on loading and I reached office without loading the map.
Other touch features were working but not the map.
Request you to check is it a problem with the inbuilt sim card (looks like netwotk issues).
Thanks,
Regards,
Arvind

1 Like

@prannaysreddy, that seems to be unusually high. I will check this with the backend team to see if there’s some issue. Will get back to you on this

3 Likes