On Road Experience

How often can you use the Regen to slow down? Would excessive use cause any damage?

1 Like

You can only use the regen once the battery percentage is below 80% and when at a speed above 20kmph I think. And it does not cause any damage on frequent use, instead it extends the battery life and reduces wear of the brake pads.

6 Likes

Adding to this, the electric motor functions both ways and it’s a feature. It won’t cause any additional wear and tear during regular use.

2 Likes

Thanks @samitbanerji @abhishek.balaji2 for the info

1 Like

My daily commute is around 26.5kms.
Morning I start around 8:10/15 and travel 13.3kms to reach office by 8:40s. 450 really helping me to reach ontime because of onboard clock;
Torque at any instant;
Superb balancing at low and high speeds;
Stability above 70kmph;

Same distance back home. After 10/12hrs.

In my observation, I consume 33% of the charge at this commute cycle.

8 Likes

With 66% charge, I don’t usually go for charge.
By morning after more than 12hrs there’s drop of 2kms range. This doesn’t bother me much.

Again by evening I completed my commute cycle. Evening the Friday traffic was while returning home. So it was the traffic ruled me over.

After coming home, I checked the percentage of charge remaining. It’s 24%.

First day 450 consumed 33%
Second day without recharge consumed around 40%.

This is not the first time it’s observed.

@ather.team, is this discharge rate ok?!

1 Like

fun with my flight

6 Likes

having trouble with routing suggestions

this was annoying me from the time i got new update

you are following a route and have diverted a lane to avoid traffic and reached a signal and so have engaged the kill switch now the suggestion is on the map asking for your go - but you didn’t want as will soon join the same route or a different route you are not sure at the moment

now when you are about to start you have to use power switch to start motor - along side notification for rerouting will also be accepted without any choice!!!

@Ather.Team did you think of this

can you fix this by adding 2 clicks for navigation while motor is of or disable these when motor is off!!

not a big concern though - but it will qualify to be a bug

5 Likes

Thanks for pointing out Abhishek. We picked it up too. Will fix it in the next update.

2 Likes

Is there a way to dismiss this prompt without touching the screen? Using the ignition accepts the suggestion, but how do I dismiss it?

hey thanks for confirming

also check this

because i named it flight

it started flying over buildings though am actually on the road

have been observing this from past week, multiple times now

2 Likes

you need to wait for the timer to run out on the “X” sign indicated by the bar filled in blue to its left which keeps on reducing, or if you are at a stop you can tap on the “X” sign to cancel the new suggested route.

The name’s clearing interfering :slight_smile: jokes apart. This is noted.

1 Like

Any ather owner in HSR Koramangala Sarjapur road here?? Where do u people go for fast charging??

1 Like

Aah, I did notice the time-out bar, but it doesn’t ‘time-out’. I was wondering if I had to take any action for it.

Another bug I’ve noticed with the navigation is when the vehicle is parked in a basement and is out of range. If I send a location with my phone to the Ather, I’m guessing it queues the request for when the Ather gets mobile network again. It takes about 10 mins for the network to latch on and the location prompt shows up again and again, thinking that the Ather has not received the request.

2 Likes

Its a slow time out. I had to wait a while to notice it fade away. Yes that issue does happen when the vehicle is out of network and a location is pushed for navigation.

Also I have noticed that sometimes turn by turn navigation just stops at random and the black path markers disappear on-screen, although I can still see the destination name at the bottom of the screen. I guess this happens when the scooter loses network connection as I can still see the GPS updating my location on the map. Maybe the route is not cached on the system at present and needs updates frequently. I will try and take a snapshot of this next time I observe it. @krishnan.warrier is this a known issue?

2 Likes

Ather is planning to setup one in this region. Hope this comes up soon.

Team has starting their plan before we ask.

2 Likes

Is it just me, or do all of you also completely open the throttle at every chance you can, just so you can whoosh ahead of all traffic with finesse?

I know that for dinosaur vehicle engines, the recommendation is to drive slow and not stress the engine for the first couple of hundred kilometers. Does this even apply to BLDC motors?

4 Likes

I hit 88kmph coming down on the KR Puram hanging bridge last night, climbing up I was at a constant 70kmph.

The look on other motorists face as I swooshed past them…

4 Likes