On Road Experience

@pkg7723 Congratulations for reaching 1000 kms mark.

A question to Ather owners and @Shreyas:
Is there a way to check the total number of units of electricity (KWh) used, just like the number of kilometers driven?

2 Likes

All 3 times it has been quite random, and definitely not reproducible.

• Twice it was right after I was interacting with the screen at a traffic signal, then signal went green, I accelerated, and the next time I stopped the screen had stopped responding.
  • Once it froze mid-ride and got stuck at 29 kmph or something. I was glad nothing else stopped working, and I quickly paused on the side of the road, did a reset, and everything was fine again.
2 Likes

Thanks Pratul, (and Abhishek)

This helps. Sending it to the team for bug fixing.

In the future if you come across this issue, please don’t panic as the vehicle’s critical functions operate independent of the dashboard as there is firmware level control on all subsystems (battery, motor+controller, aux power, etc).

Please do report these instances to us as this helps improve the software functionality for future versions.

7 Likes

Oh yeah I know that — and never panicked when it happened. 3 years of following Ather closely, has its advantages :grin:

5 Likes

Today was just my third day with the Ather and a very weird thing happened. So I had like 31km range left and I shutdown the Ather at work to save charge. 4 hours later when I checked the range had dropped down to 21km. I forgot to check the percentage but would have dropped 10-15% or more. @Shreyas

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Dashboard

@Shreyas
Good morning…
3rd day of ownership…
Problem faced: Today I witnessed few problems in the navigation. Where it’s not loading in the vehicle dashboard ,map keeps on loading and I reached office without loading the map.
Other touch features were working but not the map.
Request you to check is it a problem with the inbuilt sim card (looks like netwotk issues).
Thanks,
Regards,
Arvind

1 Like

@prannaysreddy, that seems to be unusually high. I will check this with the backend team to see if there’s some issue. Will get back to you on this

3 Likes

How often can you use the Regen to slow down? Would excessive use cause any damage?

1 Like

You can only use the regen once the battery percentage is below 80% and when at a speed above 20kmph I think. And it does not cause any damage on frequent use, instead it extends the battery life and reduces wear of the brake pads.

6 Likes

Adding to this, the electric motor functions both ways and it’s a feature. It won’t cause any additional wear and tear during regular use.

2 Likes

Thanks @samitbanerji @abhishek.balaji2 for the info

1 Like

My daily commute is around 26.5kms.
Morning I start around 8:10/15 and travel 13.3kms to reach office by 8:40s. 450 really helping me to reach ontime because of onboard clock;
Torque at any instant;
Superb balancing at low and high speeds;
Stability above 70kmph;

Same distance back home. After 10/12hrs.

In my observation, I consume 33% of the charge at this commute cycle.

8 Likes

With 66% charge, I don’t usually go for charge.
By morning after more than 12hrs there’s drop of 2kms range. This doesn’t bother me much.

Again by evening I completed my commute cycle. Evening the Friday traffic was while returning home. So it was the traffic ruled me over.

After coming home, I checked the percentage of charge remaining. It’s 24%.

First day 450 consumed 33%
Second day without recharge consumed around 40%.

This is not the first time it’s observed.

@ather.team, is this discharge rate ok?!

1 Like

fun with my flight

6 Likes

having trouble with routing suggestions

this was annoying me from the time i got new update

you are following a route and have diverted a lane to avoid traffic and reached a signal and so have engaged the kill switch now the suggestion is on the map asking for your go - but you didn’t want as will soon join the same route or a different route you are not sure at the moment

now when you are about to start you have to use power switch to start motor - along side notification for rerouting will also be accepted without any choice!!!

@Ather.Team did you think of this

can you fix this by adding 2 clicks for navigation while motor is of or disable these when motor is off!!

not a big concern though - but it will qualify to be a bug

5 Likes

Thanks for pointing out Abhishek. We picked it up too. Will fix it in the next update.

2 Likes

Is there a way to dismiss this prompt without touching the screen? Using the ignition accepts the suggestion, but how do I dismiss it?

hey thanks for confirming

also check this

because i named it flight

it started flying over buildings though am actually on the road

have been observing this from past week, multiple times now

2 Likes

you need to wait for the timer to run out on the “X” sign indicated by the bar filled in blue to its left which keeps on reducing, or if you are at a stop you can tap on the “X” sign to cancel the new suggested route.