November '19 Deliveries: Bengaluru

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for pointing me to the update link.
Order ID: 15347
Order Date: 1st Sep 2019
DELIVERY: Oct - Nov, 2019

So will I be getting my vehicle delivered before end of Nov?

I guess not. Reason Once you open the payment link, it takes 3 days for bank to enable bank transfer as its more than a lac Neft. And your policy says that its 15 -20 days max post getting the full payment ( as per update from Ather colleagues over phone). So how is it going to happen with this month?

The payment link will be opened soon :slight_smile:

Once the payment is made, there are various steps which are beyond our control (such as RTO, documentation etc) that could affect your delivery date, so we cant give you an estimate for your specific case.

I am not sure will the paper work and RTO takes 20 days. If yes how other companies are managing to get it done quicker?
I guess the real issue that Ather doesn’t have capacity to produce more vehicles as per the demand.

@Ather.Team: Ather is good in analytics. If yes they should apply it to increase the production as per the customer needs rather than accepting more number of orders and failing to keep up the timelines.

Then in that case may I ask you why the delivery is showing as Oct - Nov, 2019 better you should change it as Payment date :slight_smile:

My another worry is I am facing so much difficulty even before getting the vehicle delivered. Will Ather support me post sale ( Service ) . I shouldn’t be in a potion stating the we are waiting for spare more than month.

1 Like

We’re working on showing more accurate timelines for delivery based on feedback, but it’s still a estimate. Weekends, RTO functioning and a lot more factors affect this timeline. Rest assured, if everything is in order, delivery will be quick :slight_smile:

You’re welcome to look at some of the timelines that folks have shared here, to get a sense of the process.

Similarly on service, owners have shared experiences here:

Looking forward to you getting your 450 soon! :smiley:

This is incorrect, I was able to do an RTGS bank transfer within 4 hours of adding beneficiary.

1 Like

It depends on bank to bank

How to Add HDFC Beneficiary Guidelines

Please note that if a beneficiary is being added for the first time, it will take a minimum of 30 minutes for the bank to add the beneficiary. Listed below are some of the rules and guidelines relating to the addition of beneficiaries:

So, the customer will have to wait for a said period of time in order to initiate a NEFT transfer. Once the beneficiary has been activated, the account holder can initiate a transfer of Rs.50,000 only within the first 24 hours.

In the next 48 hours, the account holder can make a NEFT transfer with an upper cap of Rs.1 lakh.

Please note that even if a beneficiary has been added earlier and no fund transfer has been made for a period of up to 2 years, the beneficiary has to be added again to initiate a NEFT transfer.

The upper limit on the number of beneficiaries that can be added within a 24-hour window is 7

Yes, I’m an SBI account holder, and NEFT does take 4 days or so after adding the beneficiary. That’s why I did RTGS instead, worked just as well, and I was able to make the payment just 4 hours after adding the beneficiary.

Thanks for the input. Will give it a try post the payment link opens :slight_smile:

@abhishek.balaji
Order ID : 15535
Delivery : Oct-Nov
Realistically, can we expect the payment link by 3rd week of Nov and delivery in 1st week of Dec?

Please try IMPS. Folks here somehow seem to not realise that IMPS is an option too. The full payment was completed immediately and the payment status on Ather’s page updated just as fast too.

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji2 may be consider adding ather bank account details somewhere in the website or in the guide so that users can add beneficiary much prior to making full payment. or when the payment window opens

2 Likes

Or maybe send it via mail, when the previous batch opens ?

I dont think this can be done since each other ID has a unique system generated account number. It will be assigned only when the payment window opens.

Hi @abhishek.balaji,
Yesterday I visited Ather Space in Indiranagar for some queries and got it answered. My DOT installation was done today. Can you please tell me when is the delivery planned?

Please reach out to customer care for this info. You can reach out to them at +91 7676 600 900

1 Like

my bad … i was unaware of the unique ID generated for perticular customer.
that’s why i was wondering how does ather know that “I” have completed the payment :grimacing:

1 Like

Thats what I think, i am not a 100% sure since I did not verify the account number i received with anybody else’s. But my guess is based on the following observations.

1. Ather accepts IMPS transfers. Its harder to find your payee details with IMPS transfers.
  2. As soon as I did the payment, I received an e-mail that the payment has been received by Ather. If this process is automated, then i think account number has to be unique.
  3. The payment link will remain open for a few days only.

My experience is based on Autovert lease. But most likely, Ather direct payment is also works the same way.

Hey folks!

We are opening full payments by end of day today for order IDs: (14344 - 14791). Head over to your dashboard to complete the payment and get your hands on your own Ather 450 soon! :slight_smile:

• Note that the installation charges for the Dot have been waived off for folks who had their delivery originally in Sep’19. So order IDs (14344 -14474) will be eligible for this waiver.

• For order IDs (14475 - 14791), Dot installation would be chargeable as announced earlier.

3 Likes

My dash shows assessment pending. Nothing about payment. Can you please guide??

This is odd… now it shows, assessment done. Installation to be scheduled