Next Cities

Discussions about Ather entering new cities can be done here.

Just a callout, the next planned city is Chennai, where we will enter in 2019.

We do not have a clarity on other cities, hence asking about Mumbai, Pune, Delhi and so on will not be of any use at this point :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sincere request to Ather: Please complete all the deliveries in Bengaluru before entering any other city

14 Likes

As hemanth.anand suggested please focus on delivering for those who have ordered in Bangalore before expanding to other cities and there by neglecting customer’s in Bangalore. Already delivery are delayed by 6 month’s.

6 Likes

First deliver in Bangalore. Shame that you are already thinking of growing without keeping up the first set of orders. Tell me you are not joking by starting this thread.

4 Likes

Hi Shreyas,

One of my friend want to book it here and ship it to Kerala. In that case how the vehicle registration will be worked out ? Whether it can be registered in Kerala instead of registering in Karnataka.

1 Like

Hey all,
This thread was started because this is the most common question we get, not because we are expanding to other cities right now :slight_smile: . The deliveries in Bengaluru would start in a stable manner before we expand to other cities. Even from a business point of view, it would make sense to have a happy set of customers in one city before expanding to another city.
But again, since this is a common question, we wanted to have a separate thread. This does not indicate our focus at all.

3 Likes

Hi,
In general, we would advise against it. Let me just reproduce this answer from our website FAQ:

We have a vertical integration approach towards your ownership experience. Which means we don’t just sell a scooter to you but ensure that every aspect of your ownership journey, from purchase to after-sales is hassle-free. We do this with the help of a dedicated customer service team which is currently present only in Bengaluru. That’s why we strongly discourage purchasing the 450 and taking it to any other city, as we will not be able to take care of your purchase, servicing and the other aspects of after sales experience in that case.

Kerala is definitely on the cards, just not in the next 6-7 months. We would definitely advice your friend to wait :slight_smile:
Thanks
Gandharv

1 Like

Thanks Gandharv.

1 Like

Thank you, but this should have been obvious to us :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Any tentative date for Hyderabad launch. Eagerly waiting for your reply.

2 Likes

Hi,
Not yet. This financial year (ending March-2019), we do not have any launches planned. What is certain is that the next city would be Chennai and it would happen around mid-year 2019. Once our production has stabilized and our deliveries are predictable and in good numbers, our inherent capacity at the factory would allow us to scale up rapidly enough. So, fingers crossed - we would get to Hyderabad soon after Chennai. But again, we’ll conclude on that only after a few months.
Thanks
Gandharv

6 Likes

Kerala :palm_tree:
Waiting for that…

7 Likes

HI @Shreyas,
Hope you guys are having an awesome time. Any update about launching in Chennai?

3 Likes

We’ve been eagerly waiting in Chennai ever since those prototype testing days here in IIT. It’s about time i guess. :blush:

1 Like

Branch @ Hyderabad is always a big market. I am sure KTR(IT minister of Telangana) will appreciate, if you people get in touch with him in Twitter or through other means of communication about new branch @ around 10 -20 km near Hi-tech city. You might have already heard about IKEA in Hyderabad @ HitechCity. It is a huge success. I know you people not bother about big market as they are many orders pending that has to be delivered in current branch Bangalore. Personally I didn’t experienced Ather 450 drive, but the pics, videos and customer interaction on the website are very impressive :slight_smile: Congratulations for the great efforts that you people made till now. Our new state Telangana is growing faster in terms constructions, IT and autobile etc sectors. My suggestion is to plan manufacture plant in Hyderabad. It will give a good opportunity for employment too along with many orders and more importantly your business growth. Keep up the work guys :-). All the best …

2 Likes

Hi ather team, suppose you guys open in Chennai by June, when will you guys begin delivery for Chennai

When can we expect Ather coming to Chennai?

2 Likes
2 Likes

@Shreyas, Is there any chance that I just saw an Ather being tested on the ECR, Chennai last weekend? I was travelling on the opposite side and I believe it was even bearing temp registration plates. Please clarify.

4 Likes