New seat

Got the free seat upgrade done today. Changed mirrors to Gen 3 for 1,500/-

Seat is awesome. No old sliding down while braking…! :heart::ok_hand:

New mirrors are so refreshing… No need to slouch to see more… the visibility is terrific…!

A day very well spent at the Vasai Ather Service Centre. Now time for a burger…!

8 Likes

What is the cost of new seat

5 Likes

3200 Rupees

6 Likes

Get it replaced before they change their mind, @raghav.srinivasan has also changed his seat and complained the same but he said glueing a magnet on the seat at the previously known location will solve the problem.

3 Likes

Oh nice, that sounds like a good workaround. Service center has just changed it mentioning the sensor caveat - delivery today. Will figure out this magnet option, thanks for the heads up

1 Like

I tried testing with one of those fridge magnets and it engages the electromagnetic relay to turn off the boot lamp.

Haven’t had a chance to fix it yet, but I honestly don’t care much about the battery drain as it’s minuscule in the overall daily usage I have

9 Likes

I am developing pain in my tail bone if i ride my Ather for more that 30km is this common on all bikes, is there a solution from Ather.

3 Likes

Are you facing same issue with new seat? I see this issue and facing issue in old seat

5 Likes

My ride is gen 2, am facing this problem only when i ride for more than 20km, will upgrading new seat solve my problem

5 Likes

Yes, definitely. If you’re 5’10" and above like me then the tailbone pain issue will be resolved. You can push back further so it’s more comfortable over longer rides.

3 Likes

Yes i am 6ft tall, is there any recall frm Ather or we have to buy from service

1 Like

If you have attended Community Day, it is free. Otherwise you can buy it. There is no recall happening.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Better modify the seat, rather than buying a new one, it will cost less and you can modify it according to your needs.

6 Likes

The newer seat is way better than before. Took multiple shorter rides and longer rides and didn’t feel the pain. Didn’t have to take a break as well. Yes, it is expensive. I’d suggest People to get it if they ride long or are having pains. It’s worth. PS. The SC kept the older seats or gave them back? I recall reading the older seats were given back though I was told that the seat will be sent back.

2 Likes

Agree about the seat. I am 180 cms tall and I had pain in my tail bone. The new seat definitely helped with decreasing pain and has made proper sitting posture possible.

Summary

About the old seat, they don’t send it back to Ather, in my case they asked if I want it back and I asked what would they do with it. They said one of the mechanics will take it with them. So you should enquire about your old seat if you want it back.

2 Likes

No bro they are just mind game playing it is very bad seat in Ather you have to replace after 2 or 3 years this is a business

1 Like

I have been to community day event and I received 3D model seat. But since past 2.5 months I am taking rounds to Ather service centre with no luck to get my seat changed.

Service centre people say that in the sheet which they have they are unable to find my VIN number.

They asked to reach out to CS I called them and initially for couple of call they did not give any information and simply redirected me to service centre again or they gave CS number only and asked me to call on that number (funny).

Later they asked me to mail the details such as QR code received and 3D model seat pics. I sent email with attachments to info@atherenergy.com

Now three tickets got raised with different dates though I sent only one mail and replied or followed up on same email chain.

Till now I didn’t receive any resolution. My issue is that the vehicle number is not available in sheet and it need to be added. But our highly talented CS people said that my vehicle number is bot available in sheet so I need to write a mail to resolve this issue so that they can resolve my existing issue. (Many might not have understood right I also didn’t understand the logic).

I even participated in IBC knowledge park photoshoot and video. I have QR code for event then I have 3D model seat and bottle stickers and all stuff what else I need to prove that I went to event.

PS: they said that they are unable to pull any data with email ID or phone number or even QR code email data. Great team great brains in Ather CS.

3 Likes

This is certainly not the experience we want you to have with us, Kumar! Please help us with your registered contact number along with the Order ID via inbox in order for us to assist you better.