New seat

3200 Chennai price new seat

9 Likes

For me I had already customised my earlier seat to increase height but because of that the foam had become really hard. after changing the seat when I sat down it was quite softer and for a tall person like me it doesn’t slip when you slide back. after riding for 1 hour it didn’t hurt for me but that again depends on the height and weight of a person so I would say its a good improvement. (also if you upgrade for free and if they give you the old seat back then you can change between them if you find the new one bad😜)

5 Likes

It took over 2 hours for them to get seat fixed. 1 hour to initiate the process, just waiting. And another 30mins for clearing the parts storeroom process. So it is actually less than 30mins job if there is proper streamlines process.

They insist you to get the small seat that we got on community day, but speaking to manager they do it without that. If the advisor is not ready to do the seat replacrment, speak with manager.

Seat looks pretty soft cushioned and feels good but i just drove 10mins only. You can sit a bit more back without your knees touching the front side fairings which is good. I did not have any issues with earlier seat too but this is a good improvement.

I did try to bend the seat to check for anti-theft in both my new seat and old bikes seat which was parked next. New seat plastic is bit more harder but not completely anti-theft so need to be careful of what we place in there.

They did not give me the old seat back.

4 Likes

You can take the old seat back. It’s a 30 minutes job and it’s comfortable

2 Likes

What is this, in some sc they gave the old seat back and in some they don’t give it back :person_facepalming:t2:

How can we take it with us when the service center doesn’t give it back?

4 Likes

Ask them. It’s not mentioned that they need to take the old seat back. If not agreeing talk to their manager or raise complaint.

4 Likes

:pensive: however I can’t take it back now. Before 2 days i changed my seat. I think now it’s not possible to take it bcak.

3 Likes

I think you can. Check with them by going there. Don’t call.

2 Likes

When will the new seat be changed for free?

2 Likes

You should get in touch with your local EC

2 Likes

I had ordered my Ather on 16th feb. Got the delivery on 26th feb. How do I know if my seat is old or new?

5 Likes

I went to Ather community day event and received my 3D printed seat and other goodies provided to those who attended the event. But however now when I reached Ather service centre JP nagar they are telling me that though I have the 3D seat My vehicle VIN has to be in their list and they cannot find it so they cannot change it. They asked me to call customer care.

Here is the really interesting part, when I call customer care number first service centre guy asked to select general quires option, I selected and explained the problem then they said they are not the right guys and connected to service queries section they asked who is the service rep called him in-front of me and as per his answer (He gave the same answer) they asked me to call a number given by them from where I can request to include my number and you know what actually That is the same number which I am already talking.

I don’t know how to resolve this. I am there at event even I participated in shoot arranged at IBC park also and my vehicle is not in list but I can’t resolve my problem since they are just playing pass the ball game, that is the super interesting part.

4 Likes

Try tweeting and wait as social media team can help.

1 Like

Not true for petite riders …: my feet tip toe on the ground. Just love the Ather regardless @sandeep6513

5 Likes

Oh okay. The Ather stance is like that so need to adjust :sweat_smile::handshake:

1 Like

Now I’m wondering if I e the old seat or the new one …:joy: it’s stance is leaning for all you talk co-owners :nerd_face:

1 Like

I meant tall * omg this phone has a mind of its own :expressionless:

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:. Not at all accepted :person_shrugging::joy:

1 Like

I thought get the gen 1 seat modified to have a larger flat spot for the pilot but seems the frame in itself is curved up taking up half of riders seating space.

Looks like i have to shell out for the new seat after the failed jugaad attempt.

Mirrors and seat were design blunders in my opinion

6 Likes

Did anyone here get their Gen1 seat replaced with the new design? I just had Ather Service tell me that it affects the boot light sensor - it would keep the boot light on at all times - so not a good idea it seems.

Any solutions or advice please?

5 Likes