New seat

I had booked it on Dec 29th and received the vehicle on Jan 17th, so mine is gen 3, but had a discussion with showroom folks on Jan 7th and they promised me that all features including the seat will be delivered to you since the delivery is after Jan 7, now they are saying that I need to pay for it, false promises made by JP nagar showroom blr

8 Likes

Thinking loud. His might be standard old color. He might have received old stock. (Gen 3). New colors must be coming with seat but old may be not.

3 Likes

Yes sir, it’s the grey one which I got, though I’ve booked and taken delivery on Jan 17 Ather plainly told to pay up 3500 for the new seat

7 Likes

After repeatedly sending my problem by email to Ather, I was given a free replacement (new seat). Don’t waste your time talking with the salespeople in the EC showroom; all they care about is making a sale.

2 Likes

Hey guys so i got my seat replaced for free today from the ns palya service centre since i had attended the community day . I had a question to those who are getting their seats replaced , since the service centre is giving us our old seats back then what should we do with it . Is there any use to keep it?

4 Likes

Did you attend community day? When did you get the delivery if your scooter?

3 Likes

What the heck. Did you receive your old seat back. They took mine saying it will be not returned due to warranty purpose.

4 Likes

Mine was a customised seat like yours but they told that we don’t take it or something, they never mentioned anything like warranty , so had to ride 20km with it on the footboard all the way back …

3 Likes

I am at service centre now came to get it replaced. Lets me see what they do here. Any things to be noted with the seats before taking delivery.

5 Likes

Nothing much to check just see if it closes properly by it self so alignment can be fixed on the spot . let’s see whether they give the old seat back for you. which service centre are you in?

2 Likes

Peenya. And how long does it take to change the seat?

4 Likes

For me it took almost 30-45 min cos other scooters were being serviced so staff was less . once you get your seat do share your review on it…

4 Likes

I am still waiting, advisor is saying to get the small seat they gave us on community day. But the person who called n scheduled for seat change said no need of it. Spoke with Manager and they said ok will change but need to wait.

3 Likes

Same thing they told me but i had told that the cc people told to give the vin number . So they accepted that and started the job report .

1 Like

Same here i spoke with manager and he told advisor to change the seat. They are yet to create job card, so waiting. Been over and hour since i came now.

3 Likes

No, I did not attend the community day. But I ordered my brand-new Ather 450X 3.1 on January 14, 2023. So they gave me the replacement for free. Whoever ordered on or after January 7th is eligible for the replacement.

2 Likes

How is the comfort level on the new seats, does the back hurt if you ride it for more than 20 mins

3 Likes

I took a long ride on my new Gen3.1 from Pune to Mumbai, and the comfort was very evident v/s my Series 1 seat. It’s really nice to slide back and sit on the flatter part of the seat, made huge difference for such a long ride.

9 Likes

@harsh9511 Did they give the old seat back to you?

3 Likes

Let us know how it goes at Peenya. I have an appointment for next Saturday for seat change. Also do tell how comfortable is the new seat

3 Likes