Navigation using Google Maps on 450X

My bad. Just read it was announced in Jan 2015. Nevertheless, it’s an ancient processor which badly needs to be updated. Most of the software issues might get fixed with the processor upgrade. Ola already provides a custom version of the unknown processor with 3gb ram

2 Likes

Ola uses https://www.quectel.com/product/lte-sc600y-smart-module-series, Nothing is Unknown just the time needed.

6 Likes

probably will help them with the ADAS stuff they’re planning to bring as well

1 Like

I bought the new 450x pro 3 days back. The maps have not been working since the beginning. Everytime I talk to my sales person I am told that it will automatically start working in 24 hours. Had this conversation multiple times. I have also rebooted multiple times. Please help me here. What should I do??

Don’t think there will be ADAS for any S1 pro or S1 air series, Maybe in their Cars when they launch.

1 Like

did you see Bhavish’s tweet a while back? lets hope something does come out of it

https://twitter.com/bhash/status/1637037139685953537

1 Like

I am facing a major bug in the navigation algorithm. It’s apparently showing me four wheeler routes dy default for pre-saved locations with no option to change the route and that option is available only during manual location search. This issue is happening after updating to V5.5.

Anyone else facing this issue?

4 Likes

routes are iffy a lot of times but perfect other times. its always a 50/50. so i just end up always double checking the route on my phone with the bike option.

i think the Ather app defaults to the 4-wheeler directions while the scooter defaults to 2-wheeler (or vice versa)

2 Likes

I have been facing this issue. For Home and Work pre-saved location, it automatically loads up into navigation without letting me choose alternate route. Basically it skips preview.

5 Likes

This issue wasn’t there in the previous release. It did show the four wheeler route as an option but by default, it was never the case. I hope they rectify it soon. A person was recently jailed and charged with Culpable Homicide fine for riding a two wheeler on the Sea Link. Exemplary Action By Cops, Know When To Push Breaks | Man Arrested For Ride Bike On Sea-Link | News - YouTube

2 Likes

:sweat_smile: doesn’t police have better things to take care of. anyway there mustve been clear signboards before the bridge, prohibiting 2w. the person probably ignored those. not sure if Google Maps would even be aware of such rules, always gotta keep an eye on the roads!

2 Likes

We’ll look into this for you right away, Dhruv! Please help us with your registered contact number and vehicle details via DM in order for us to assist you better.

2 Likes

Yes.Gen 3.1!

1 Like

Still haven’t received a reply on the issue. I have sent a message as well as a dm.

We apologize for the delayed response, Dhruv and thank you for helping us with the relevant details. This has been taken up with our relevant team and they will connect with you for further assistance, shortly. Feel free to DM us for any further assistance.

2 Likes

An interesting thing happened today. Someone from the Ather support team called me up for the above issue and asked me whether the issue is resolved. He stated that the new 5.7 update has rectified the issue. I am yet to receive the update so they have asked me to confirm by mail whether the issue is rectified once the scooter is updated.

1 Like

oh wow, thats cool. before you receive the update make sure u note down what the scooter shows, and compare it after the update. lets hope theyve fixed it for real

1 Like

Not working and display heating problem

Hi My maps portion of the screen shows horizontal & vertical flickering lines. It just 3 weeks. Is it normal or need to visit the service centre