Navigation using Google Maps on 450X

Can anyone guide me the way to push what’s app location to ather scooter?

If you are lucky and your android phone is not in the list of devices in which app has issues, this is how it works.

Click on location shared>>>>open in google maps>>>>click share>>>> click on ather in the list of options appear. This is how it is supposed to work.

In iPhone I couldn’t find the option though.

Special note: Only Ather team knows which devices exactly doesn’t work properly… other than them only GOD. It is a classified information :wink::wink:so you cannot get it.

4 Likes

Well, I have noted that sharing location Ather is actually sharing the http gmaps link to the app… if someone with the GOD* issue could try this in their phone, it might give some insight.

I have no gmaps app installed. I use OSMAnd. It is tedious to push the location directly, and I use browser for getting this done.

*As in The God Particle (book) - Wikipedia Read how this particle got it’s name. Same applies to a few Ather-ish problems. Nice ref, Kumar!!

4 Likes

Now I think I should check navigation in detail during test ride and would buy the bike once I am satisfied.

4 Likes

That’s how you do it, Currently works only for Android. Stopped working for iOS after app update.

1 Like

We had to remove the feature. Apple doesn’t want Google maps link being pushed, wants usage of Apple Maps instead. We checking to see if an alternate solution is possible for the iOS app.

7 Likes

Hope there is a possibility to develop a more generic share method, that accepts a few other maps apps other than gmaps and apple.

3 Likes

I am seeing 2 wheelers routes in Ather Mobile App 5.3.0. I searched for directions to Kala Ghoda in Mumbai and it avoided the Bandra Worli Sea Link & searched for Pune and it avoided the Mumbai Highway where 2Ws are not allowed. This is big IMO. Can anyone else confirm this?

3 Likes

Wow. Yes,I tried here in Hyderabad and yes it’s avoiding Outer Ring Road and shows service road. Needed this badly. :heart::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

This is surely worth celebrating. Will go out for a long ride this weekend. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Main thing is if this is happening the grid options will also work as intended to suggest charging points on the way :fire::fire:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Discussion on Accessories

Ather google maps is no use, its better to use mobile. Just showing current location as a dot, after latest updation navigation arrow is gone. Its better to provide google default map that works as like in mobile.

1 Like

Its sad to see bugs resurfaced. These bugs reminds me of the software version we early adopters had to to deal with, 10.6 and earlier. :man_facepalming::grinning:

3 Likes

I Have hard reset the vehicle and now the google map navigation started to work and arrow is showing but some time its getting some glitch also re-routing is slow and comparing to google maps in phone its not good enough. Phones google maps is the best.

1 Like

There are a lot of bugs with the map. Often it is useless when you need it to work.

4 Likes

That is becoz of the outdated processor from 2015* which is still being used in the latest scooter.

2 Likes

Not at all stratified. One of reason to buy this is it had onboard navigation but though it’s turn by turn navigation it’s gets delayed. Even in areas of MG road and Brigade i had this experience. I really doubt if there is 4G network sim in 450x.:thinking:

5 Likes

Caching issues? May be? I thought this is a problem only on the ancient models (Gen 2 :joy:). Do you own Gen3?

Actually from 2012, Ather is glued to this processor and won’t upgrade.

you can see in the datasheet.

3 Likes