Navigation using Google Maps on 450X

Hope there is a possibility to develop a more generic share method, that accepts a few other maps apps other than gmaps and apple.

3 Likes

I am seeing 2 wheelers routes in Ather Mobile App 5.3.0. I searched for directions to Kala Ghoda in Mumbai and it avoided the Bandra Worli Sea Link & searched for Pune and it avoided the Mumbai Highway where 2Ws are not allowed. This is big IMO. Can anyone else confirm this?

3 Likes

Wow. Yes,I tried here in Hyderabad and yes it’s avoiding Outer Ring Road and shows service road. Needed this badly. :heart::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

This is surely worth celebrating. Will go out for a long ride this weekend. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Main thing is if this is happening the grid options will also work as intended to suggest charging points on the way :fire::fire:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Discussion on Accessories

Ather google maps is no use, its better to use mobile. Just showing current location as a dot, after latest updation navigation arrow is gone. Its better to provide google default map that works as like in mobile.

1 Like

Its sad to see bugs resurfaced. These bugs reminds me of the software version we early adopters had to to deal with, 10.6 and earlier. :man_facepalming::grinning:

3 Likes

I Have hard reset the vehicle and now the google map navigation started to work and arrow is showing but some time its getting some glitch also re-routing is slow and comparing to google maps in phone its not good enough. Phones google maps is the best.

1 Like

There are a lot of bugs with the map. Often it is useless when you need it to work.

4 Likes

That is becoz of the outdated processor from 2015* which is still being used in the latest scooter.

2 Likes

Not at all stratified. One of reason to buy this is it had onboard navigation but though it’s turn by turn navigation it’s gets delayed. Even in areas of MG road and Brigade i had this experience. I really doubt if there is 4G network sim in 450x.:thinking:

5 Likes

Caching issues? May be? I thought this is a problem only on the ancient models (Gen 2 :joy:). Do you own Gen3?

Actually from 2012, Ather is glued to this processor and won’t upgrade.

you can see in the datasheet.

3 Likes

My bad. Just read it was announced in Jan 2015. Nevertheless, it’s an ancient processor which badly needs to be updated. Most of the software issues might get fixed with the processor upgrade. Ola already provides a custom version of the unknown processor with 3gb ram

2 Likes

Ola uses https://www.quectel.com/product/lte-sc600y-smart-module-series, Nothing is Unknown just the time needed.

6 Likes

probably will help them with the ADAS stuff they’re planning to bring as well

1 Like

I bought the new 450x pro 3 days back. The maps have not been working since the beginning. Everytime I talk to my sales person I am told that it will automatically start working in 24 hours. Had this conversation multiple times. I have also rebooted multiple times. Please help me here. What should I do??

Don’t think there will be ADAS for any S1 pro or S1 air series, Maybe in their Cars when they launch.

1 Like

did you see Bhavish’s tweet a while back? lets hope something does come out of it

https://twitter.com/bhash/status/1637037139685953537

1 Like