Maintenance and Service

No it is not free.

5 Likes

There is no service center at IBC knowledge park. It’s only their office and delivery location.

2 Likes

You’re replying to a 4 year old post! Lot of things have changed over these 4 years.

4 Likes

Ooops my bad. Thanks for highlighting

Hello Folks,

Today while riding my Ather 450 (bought: June 2019, ODO reading: 6700km), the back brake was having a squishy feeling. I checked the rear brake lines and everything seemed ok and could not spot a leak. Brake fluid level seemed low. I also thought of checking the CBS unit (located above the front tire on the left side when facing the scooter) and spotted a leak. I later read the unit is called an equalizer or pressure regulator (not 100% sure, if someone has more info on this please share). I could spot a leak coming from a hole on the side of this unit (please refer to the attached pics). I was wondering if anyone had a similar issue and what was the solution (please mention the spares and labor costs)?

Regards, Deepak

1 Like

Is it dripping when you press on brakes?

If yes try to analyse where its coming from, as I can’t see the actual leak. If its coming from a bolt holes, then its a easy fix, you need m10 copper washers and remove the bolt change the washers and refix them.

But if the body is cracked and leaking then this part is mostly unable AFAIK. You will be left with 2 options, get it fixed at Ather or buy a T joint (as this unit is mostly does a job of that) and fix the hoses to it.

Something like this

5 Likes

Got this repaired at the Ather Service Center, Kudlu gate, Hosur Road, Bangalore. As per them, one of the bolts on the valve had come loose and caused the leak. I did not have the service plan so the total repair cost was Rs. 693. As per the new Ather service guidelines, repair labour costs are not covered under the service plan. But I was actually surprised when the advisor told me that if I had the service plan, I would not have to pay anything. Here is the break-up: Break Bleeding - 141.60 (yes it’s break and not brake, copied it from the bill ,:grinning:) Replace HOSE ASSY PROPORTIONAL VALVE TO FRONT CALIPER - 551.06 Total: 692.66 Note: They did not have any specific labour code for repair so they have put the codes for the nearest thing to repair. Also, I had asked them to wash off the leaked brake fluid from the front portion but this was not done.

Now here comes the surprise (or not a surprise given my previous experiences with Ather service Maintenance and Service - #709 by deepakpaul1985 ) - they have messed up the charging unit onboard cooling fan (gen1 scooters). Due to a shody re-assembly, something is rubbing against the fan fins (at least it sounds like so). I have reported it to Ather and is waiting for them to send someone to fix it. They were supposed to come last Friday but no one turned up. I will now switch to “wait mode”, fingers crossed. Wondering what they will break this time :joy:.

7 Likes

Ather service is bad here in Chennai too, They are just pushing the time limit on scooters to be fixed as soon as possible without fixing them properly. This is the Vela Automobiles here in Chennai.

My scooter went for a shroud check-up as I was concerned that might have cracked because of overtighting the mirror bolts, thank god it’s not, but they did not align the shroud back in the panel properly leaving a huge gap.

Also, they destroyed the rear shroud panel by screwing it in completely.

in the last photo, you can see they have screwed in all the way and destroyed the hosing/ panel.

leaving a wire in the boot so it can get cut and then they can bill you

5 Likes

I need help Today morning when I turn my Ather ON dashboard is blank I wait for the few minutes nothing happened then I try to switch on and off but nothing happened what should I do…?

Headlines are ON and also Ather is working just dashboard is not working

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji please note

2 Likes

restart, press both brakes and start switch for 10 seconds, the dashboard will restart.

2 Likes

I havd requested for road side assistance after my scooter belt from the motor broken

They have took my request waited for more than 2 hrs

I got sms also like we have assigned a RSA provider for your request RZ-23106897 On StrandD-RZT

After a long waiting period i called Road side assistance they are telling no complaint registered and need to register new complaint, may be that request has been taken from customer support.

First i register compalint in RSA only but when i called them after a long waiting time they are asking me make complaint again

WHAT RSA IS DOING IN Ather WE NEED TO WAIT HOLE DAY HEREEEEE.

4 Likes

My 10k km service is coming up and I wanted to renew my subscription but when I am checking on the app its showing me only 1 option of the “basic” subscription and nothing else . I have a gen 2 and wanted to take the top subscription with pick up/drop included . is there anywhere else where I can renew my subscription cos website is no longer available…

1 Like

Tried renewing through the app?

3 Likes

Renewing through the app only its showing the basic plan and nothing more …

2 Likes

They seem to have stopped it. Check here

5 Likes

Yes but the question still remains whether I can still renew for any plan to get my servicing done because if I do the service without the plan the cost will go up. Hope they bring a fix soon on this matter since many are there who renew a plan before their servicing…

1 Like

Oops, sorry didn’t noticed the APP word from your post, I just saw that website word :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

first service was coming up… and then this happened :sweat_smile: i guess we’re both unlucky​:joy:

4 Likes