Maintenance and Service

What do consumables include which are a part of service plans?

1 Like

afaik - brake pads, discs, brake fluid

2 Likes

Any idea about stickers?

4 Likes

Cosmetic is not covered under warranty or in Service plan, The items which are covered are Brake Pad, Both belts, Front suspension Bush, Servicing at 5k interval which will mostly cover all the service required like a Fluid top-up. Discs are not covered in the Service plan Here is the exact coverage.

Untitled

5 Likes

:pensive: I have this problem from many days. I dont know what i should do. The thing is, the right side DRL is coming yellow, the light next to the indicator (DRL). The left one is projecting correctly, exactly how a led light should project but right one is coming like a halogen ( yellow color )

Till now everything was fine i loved the Ather how it’s designed😘 but with yellow DRL it is is spoiling the whole front look of the scooter. The front look of the scooter is very awesome like devil look that too with lights on but now it’s like something is wrong here.

Once the DRL glass got little crack but without delay i changed it, from that day after 2-3 weeks the yellow color is appearing in the DRL. How? I can’t even put my finger in there and didn’t even sparyed any water also to there, if i spray also it doesn’t go inside right? Then how can it become yellow?

It isn’t clearly visible but still if we observe it carefully it can be known that something is odd. If one comes white and another one yellow obviously it looks odd.

Any help here would really help because the looks of the scooter matters most to me than anything. Everything was good but didn’t expect this would happen😭.

1 Like

CS can only help you

3 Likes

I told them but they said quality team not approved and when i got the vehicle delivered i aksed the delivery guy, what did they do? He said i dont know anything about it sir i only give delivery of the vehicle. I’m not sure what should I do now😔.

2 Likes

Require a quick clarification - I am trying to get my 450 serviced at Guindy Experience centre in Chennai and after multiple follow up I’m told by them that do not service 450. Is it true? @abhishek.balaji

1 Like

Hello everyone! I have bought an Ather 450x recently and I have completed just 315 kms in about 2 months and I would be completing 1500km at the most in a year. So should I get the 1st service done at 5000km only or is there any time limit to get the 1st service done?

1 Like

There is no time limit as far as I am aware. You can get it done at 5K kms. I just reached 5K kms after 2 years of owning my 450 and got the first service done only now.

4 Likes

@sahilkatchi Thank you for replying

1 Like

Ather service center Trichy charged me ₹176 for water wash during my 5000k service.

I’m subscribed to service lite and water wash is not included in it.

Is it chargeable guys?

What’s ur experience?

5 Likes

I didn’t pay anything for 5k service while on Service Lite in Mumbai. They definitely did a wash.

1 Like

Had similar experience today :joy:

1 Like

Maybe Ather is giving an upgrade to 450 owners

My barely a 100 km old Ather 450X is leaking oil from the front right fork. Pune service centre is asking me to get Service subscription if I want pickup drop service. Now, shouldn’t this issue be covered under warranty? I’ve taken delivery of the Ather on 26th March.

1 Like

It is better you drop and pickup by yourself, most of people do not have very good experience with Pick up and drop service as these guys ride rashly at times, regarding fork leakage, it could be oil seal cut , my bike was parked for a long period in lockdown, just drove few kms and oil leakage started, I also need to get it fixed once I reach bangalore.

3 Likes

The issue will be fixed under warranty but there’s no facility for pick up and drop included. That’s why the service center is asking you to get a plan so it saves you money rather than going for RSA and shelling more money for repairs

5 Likes

Paint in front shock absorber grab rail and belt sprocket has started to wear off will it be covered under warranty

2 Likes

So finally, I went and dropped the scooter yesterday after confirming that the part was in stock. I was promised delivery today evening, but their system of call centre is pathetic. Every time when I ask if the vehicle is ready, I get a reply saying they will check and revert back. But there is no revert back.

Finally, as I was ready to leave (booked Uber at 5pm), one guy calls me up and said they don’t have it in stock. They took almost 22 hrs just to figure out that they don’t have the part in stock. I mean how difficult is it to keep stock of parts of just 1 vehicle that you sell / maintain? Just reflects poorly on the company.

Not to mention that the service centre is 17 kms away (about 40 minutes). Finally, the guy said he would drop the scooter FOC basis due to the delay.

@tanishqkhare The cost issue is completely irrelevant here as I’m in this situation due to a fault that wasn’t checked in PDI. My scooter is just 4 days old FYI. And RSA / service plan will come into the picture little later. Why should I pay extra when its clearly an issue that came with the scooter? Further, they are charging me for the oil (which is frankly a subsequent issue due to the seal failing). I agreed to pay for it since it was around 100 bucks or so.

5 Likes