Maintenance and Service

Hi team,

I have this general doubt if I opt for service pro and take a year’s plan, within that 1 year if I don’t visit service center for any type of service will there be any adjustments in next year’s payment or next year also I should pay the same amount.

Ather should think about NCB (No Claim bonus) which applies when we don’t do a claim.

Thumbs up if you feel it is a valid suggestion.

11 Likes

good point - may not be applicable for connect - but, a good use case for service. And it also acts as a good incentive for using service only if its needed.

1 Like

The service packs are intended to let you use your vehicle hassle-free while taking care of periodic maintenance. If you don’t see yourself using the vehicle that often to warrant two services every year at 5k intervals, you can feel free to opt for the pay as you go plans.

Insurance companies make money when you don’t claim insurance and hence incentivize you to continue with the same plan by offering the NCB. In case of service, it’s not insurance, but you’re paying to cover any labor, pickup/drop, and consumables costs, etc that you might incur during regular usage. It offers predictability in your cost of riding the scooter. Hence the differentiation in Service Lite and Pro, and offering the option of Pay as you go rates.

1 Like

So after I cross 5k kms. What would be the approximate cost for servicing? Will there be monthly based service plans so I can opt when I cross the 5k or 10k km.

@abhishek.balaji - I think here he refers to the difference between Service Pro and Service Lite where the difference is only home pickup and drop.

Suppose if he does not utilise pickup drop in the entire year, can you give NCB kind of bonus

@abhishek.balaji I recently got my 450x but did not receive any owners manual or service information with it.

How often would we have to service the vehicle? Would I get a reminder from Ather when it is time for service? I have a Service pro subscription as part of S1 benefits.

2 Likes

Service intervals are at 5000kms or 1 Year.

You submit a service request via the app or by calling Support.

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji Why doesn’t Ather provide a tool kit along with the scooter…? And is there any plan for provision of centre stand as asn accesory…?

2 Likes

Nope ! Centre send can’t be installed

When I move the vehicle I hear a squeaky sound. I think it’s from the wheel bearings. Took the vehicle for a ride after 45 days of parking. Does the wheel bearings need greasing?

I do not see any options to book a slot in app. Can you guide.

There is no option to book a slot, but you can submit a service request through Profile-> Report an issue.

You need to call customer care they will book service request and provide you with a suitable time slot…

2 Likes

Scooter present ODO is 14,000kms

Repeated problem started after completing 13,000kms.

Repeated Problem : Below the seat near to Battery pack hearing abnormal sounds ( kuyy kuyy ಕುಯ್ ಕುಯ್) after that motor getting louder Noise like siren sound .

Service Done 4 times and now 5th time i raised compliant for again again repeated problem.

1st Service: Motor fitting tightening Done.

2nd Service: Primary and Secondary Belt Drive tightening and adjusting Done

3rd Service : Rechecked all fittings and maintained as per SOP.

4th Service: Pulley and Back wheel Bearing Replaced under warranty.

5th Service : I don’t know now what they are Doing .

Remarks : Totally am facing problems of my Daily Travel . (45km per day):angry:

Note: After service while taking Delivery of scooter , that time there is no problem BUT after 80 to 100kms running. again problems will starts .:weary:

Impact : Getting more more irritation to Drive MY ATHER 450.:dizzy_face:

Result : upgrading 450x thought deleted from my mind.:disappointed:

Regarding this type of ISSUE any body Faced @atherowner

7 Likes

This may not be the proper thread but I ran into low power m017 mode today after updating to 3.6.6.90 update. Haven’t faced it since the purchase. After turning the key off and back on the error went off. Current odo : 391.6 haven’t used much because of lockdown. Any suggestion from the community on what needs to be done? Should I wait to see if I come across same error again or straight away raise ticket with ather?

I was faced this problems repeatedly long back but after replacing the sensor it’s solved permanently. & Only better emergency solution is repeatedly do Turn off Key and Turn on or shutdown option …

2 Likes

So sadly 6th time complaint raised. for repeated issue.:disappointed:

In 5th time service : Replaced motor Pulley

(In 4th Service : they given clarification , Intermediate pulley Replaced .)

Now what I facing problems in scooter

1. 0 to 30% acceleration No pickup

2. 30 to 50% Pickup will initiating

3. 50 to 70% Pickup is slowly increasing

4. 70 to 100% Full throttle acceleration but No Full Pickup

5. if moving Double then Dead Pickup to Hard Pickup

6. Louder Noise in 15 to 20kmph speed

7. To much vibration in 20 to 25kmph speed

8. after long drive feeling right hand palm pain

2 Likes

Hello,

I remember looking at a PDF which covered the individual cost incurred for service/labor etc. Was useful for people who do not have a service subscription plan enabled. Looks like I cannot find it anymore. Could somebody share a link or point to the location of this document please?

Thanks!

Are you talking about this?

5 Likes

Now problems are solved bro? please upload the video bro what problem you faced on vehicle.

Bro since how many years are you using Ather can you tell me? now issues are solved or not solved, can you share bro?

Bro you already told 0 to 30% no pick up… what mode are you using while facing this pick up problem can you tell me? so sad bro you facing so many issues.