Maintenance and Service

I gave my Ather 450 for regular service on 11-Nov-2020 for some common & recurrent issues like floorboard noise, low throttle response, rusted floor board screw, gap in the rear panels below rear hand grab rail (I found this on my vehicle too after reading one of post from a owner on Ather Forum). Today, my vehicle came from the service center, to my great surprise with a cracked rear left panel :rage: below the rear hand grab rail. This is highly unacceptable. This entire panel needs to be replaced. Also received with brand new scratches on the rear right panel :rage:, this also needs a replacement and the vehicle looks very dirty with grease marks and fingerprints all over white body panels** :rage:. Looks like service delivery guys need to be re-educated on basic work guidelines. I have sent the vehicle back to service center to fix these issues ASAP. This is the second time I’m complaining about this cleanliness and new scratches added by service center on vehicle during delivery (look for my previous complaint in this thread). Ather must take these things really seriously and fix my issues at the earliest.

I will be out of Bangalore on 14th Nov, 20 till December end. These issues must be fixed ASAP and the vehicle must be delivered to me by 13th Nov, 20 EOD max. Else you need to keep my vehicle till December end in your service center! Obviously, I did not expect this rework from your end and I already made my plans for Diwali holidays! Sorry!

2 Likes

Sad to hear this. Have you logged your grievance with Customer Service? If not, please do so.

I had similar incident before, however they heard and fixed it at zero cost.

6 Likes

Yes. They fixed on priority today at no cost and delivered the vehicle today itself. I am happy and thankful to the customer care guys for the quick response and resolving this issue in just few hours. I still not happy because each time my vehicle comes from the service there’s always a surprise waiting. In general cleanliness of the vehicle when delivering back to customer is always a concern and area of improvement for service department. Thanks!

8 Likes

I had given my Ather 3 times in last 1.5 years for different reasons. 1st and 2nd one - though no big complaints about cleanliness, it was never looking like how your usual ICE scooter comes out shining from the quarterly service. In fact, both the times something was missed or some new niggle was added.

But, when it came back from 5k service last month, it was super clean and shiny. I thought the service guys really had were less busy this time. I was very happy seeing it.

So, please give the service team enough time so that they really dont rush it.

3 Likes

You can edit your initial post so that some1 reading it can see that ather team has resolved your issue swiftly and to your satisfaction… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Guys, due to the pandemic I hardly take my scooter out on a ride. But when ever I do after a week or so. The turn indicators doesn’t work. I would have to do a soft reset. Anybody facing same problem?

2 Likes

Have not experienced that. Have you tried a full shutdown and restart instead of soft reset? If that doesn’t work, consider raising a service request.

Hi Arvind, after complete shutdown it does work. But it’s the same story again if I take it out after a week. I did raise a service request it was resolved for a while. Now it’s happening consistently.

2 Likes

I have the same issue. Since it’s not a major one, I am planning to have it checked when I send it for service in 2 to 3 months.

1 Like

Ya I know what you mean. Happened to me a couple of times. The indicators. Work but they’re very sluggish to turn on. They take 2-3 seconds from input to turn on. Soft reset fixes it. Happens only when I don’t use the scooter for a few days. But recently been using it everyday, so didn’t need to report it. Just assumed it’s sone dashboard bug.

1 Like

This is bad, even I had a similar issue last month when they picked up my vehicle for monitoring. The DriveU guy who picked had fallen somewhere and all the sides panel were scratched including headlight. I escalated this issue and they replaced every single panel that had scratches for free worth 10k. Literally the whole panel of the vehicles all sides including headlight was replaced. I think u should raise a concern and they will do it.

2 Likes

Today I went to Chennai ather center due to my indicator was not working. After reaching I came to know that only sales team is working . service team will be available from Tuesday only. But sales person told I will try to solve the problem by restarting. He did and indicator is working. This shows the dedication of ather team. He can simply say that holiday for service. This is the different from other company.

5 Likes

But is it intermittent or happening frequently? Yes it’s a minor issue but if multiple people are facing the issue then Ather needs to do something about it. Something as basic as turn signal should be functioning correctly no matter what…

This is the second time I am raising the request. Last time it was before pandemic and was using the scooter regularly and din face the issue after the fix(pinch in the indicator wire harness) like it’s happening if I take out vehicle after a week or so.

Hey folks!

Looks like I’m also experiencing the indicator issues. Do log these with CS through the app even if it occurs intermittently, so the team knows the number of occurrences of this issue and they’ll be able to debug and fix it faster.

2 Likes

in last 2 months, I had it 2 times and after reset, it worked fine. (but shutdown and start did not help)

1 Like

Hi Abhishek, already did 2days back but yet to receive a call. For me the occurrence is every week since I use my vehicle once a week. It works when I try at home. But doesn’t work just after 10-20min of riding.

hi

so the servicing needs to be given at IBC KP,

does indira nagar offer servicing ?

1 Like

The service team works only from the IBC office. All service requests are taken up at IBC only.

3 Likes

I think its time Ather adds more service locations. Imagine the pain that a person who resides or works in Peenya riding all the way to IBC, Bannerghatta. I hope it happens sooner or later.

3 Likes

As it’s been answered already, just a note to post your query in the right thread. You can use the search option at the top right of this page to post your query. A little effort here goes a long way in keeping the forum clean and focused on discussions.

1 Like