Maintenance and Service

I left to service on 19th August, they took almost 30+hours for minor service on network issue

1 Like

Had a fantastic experience with service. I was having issues with frequent dashboard restarts and motor cut off, along with some minor complaints like saree guard being loose and rattly, and rubber in the trunk popping out of the holes.

Just made a call to customer care, and they came to pick it up 2 days later. The pickup agent and delivery agent were very thorough in inspection and safety.

I’ve never experienced such a seamless service before with anything. Got SMS updates, a call when the vehicle was received with an explanation of everything they’ll be doing as per my complaints, and a call when the servicing was finished with an explanation of everything they found and fixed.

They even fixed things I wasn’t even aware were problems, and delivered the vehicle the very next day of pickup. I was even surprised to see that the rides made by the delivery and pick up agents aren’t a part of the ride statistics on the app.

Turns out there was internal damage to some wires, causing the motor cut off and dashboard restarts. Everything was covered under the warranty. They also tuned the belt and fixed the saree guard. It now feels a lot less rattly when riding, and I haven’t had any stability issues since the service.

I was previously debating about whether I should renew Ather Service, or just go with Connect and pay for any servicing directly, but I liked the seamlessness and convenience, along with the peace of mind, so I think I’m going to go ahead with the Service plan when renewing.

10 Likes

At 30:20 Hey, @tarun says we will be able to see the service history of our scooter. Is it presently available? Accessible to the owners?

1 Like

Not yet. It’s in the feature requests list though

1 Like

My first milestone service is coming up in 1-2 days. I also have dashboard reboot and power cut off issue. And rattling sounds. I hope to same service experience.

20200913_233552 20200913_233604 20200913_233615 20200913_233526 20200913_233536 20200913_233518 20200913_233448 20200913_233507

Hello people and Ather Team Kindly help me out fellow members of the forum!

I’m facing this peculiar issue wherein all of a sudden from 2 days the display is blurred out and the readings are visible in a very pale way and flickers sometimes! I’ve neither kept my vehicle outside while it was raining nor ridden it in uneven road surfaces or while it was raining!! Even if it was ridden in rain it must be alright as it’s IP67 rated!!

I’ve raised a concern in the Ather app but no one has got in touch with a possible solution!

This had never happened before and I think it should be covered under standard company warranty

But even if it will be replaced how am I supposed to get it swapped as I’m in basic Ather connect plan

@abhishek.balaji had got his screen replaced at his place (home) some time back due to yellowing of the screen and I just want to ask if that can be done in my case too at the convinience of my home!!

As either picking up and dropping the vehicle by me to IBC Knowledge Patk is also not feasible or by Ather is also chargeable as I’m not covered under Ather One 360 plan!!

Kindly suggest a possible solution for the same! Thanks in advance! @tarun @swapniljain @abhishek.balaji

RGT

This should be covered under the 3yr warranty for sure. As for doorstep service, I am not sure under current circumstances if they have sufficient staff to send out for a house call.

Please log a ticket, customer service team can elaborate on the options you will have.

Hey,

The team will reach out to you to understand how this happened, and if it’s covered under warranty, you should get this fixed.

For everyone’s benefits, here’s how different aspects of your Ather are covered:

1. Vehicle and Battery Warranty - For product defects and issues etc
  2. Ather Service Plan - Consumables which undergo wear and tear, periodic servicing, RSA and doorstep assistance
  3. Insurance - For accidental damage or breakage.

I’ll bump this up to the service team, and they’d be in the best position to diagnose and tell you what are the next steps.

1 Like

I’ve already logged a ticket in the app but no one has reverted back!! Thanks for your kind suggestion!! :innocent:

Hey got an update from the team that they’ve reached out to you regarding this and arranged for a service slot for the same.

Yes thank you @abhishek.balaji

BUT

Do you call this professionalism???

How can the vehicle be used for personal usage when it is left for service at service centre!???

This is not the type of customer satisfaction that people would expect!

I was randomly going through my Ather 450’s realtime location and it was parked at MG Road next to Anil Kumble Circle for more than 2hrs!

And the same is also reflecting on the Ride Statistics page that it was ridden to the same location and hence its not a GPS sync error and not something which the customer can tolerate!!

Kindly look into this as soon as possible and revert back to me on why was it used??

I have also attached screenshots from my Ather app for your reference! Kindly look into it as well…! RGT! image|281x500

3 Likes

Why has this been so?

They are not using it for personal use. Even my vehicle was showing the same location while being serviced. It’s either that the GPS signal is inaccurate due to being inside the service building, or they temporarily lock the GPS to that location while servicing.

1 Like

Yep, I’ll confirm this in a bit. The addresses shown in the screenshot indicate that it was moved from the NS Palaya service Center to the IBC service Center.

3 Likes

Calm, I’ve seen this particular location on my phone too. Sometimes when th internet is damn lo it shows this location. It’s happened when it was parked in a basement once and once when I gave it for service. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

What about ride statistics then!?

2 Likes

@dr.rakshithgt the pin at Anil Kumble Circle is a location that we all know since long now. Earlier it used to be near Lalbagh. It’s a location which comes up before the correct location is updated. Moreover Anil Kumble circle is more than 5 kms from IBC. So you can ignore that if you ask me.

The ride statistics part…Ather has a Proto Lab near Jedi Mara signal (Just begind Vega city mall). I don’t know what is the issue with your scooter but it may have gone there. It is around 5kms from IBC.

Ather Energy Proto Lab 7th Cross Rd, Industrial Area, Stage 2, BTM Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560076 080 3951 3589 https://maps.app.goo.gl/JZjdWwFMp8VooADh6

1 Like

Yes I had dropped it there (Proto Lab) myself since the customer support executive had told me to drop it there instead of IBC since I had issues with my screen which is mentioned in above post and didn’t want my vehicle to be picked up by service team from my home!

I was little concerned when I saw it there but am releived after getting to know that it was a known thing due to GPS error during service! And one last thing which I forgot to mention is that I saw many (more than 4) prototypes of Ather450’s which were camouflaged and were in bits and pieces lying in the proto lab!

These were the same vehicles used by Ather (@tarun and @swapniljain) for testing and demonstration purposes in their Chennai IIT premises!! Felt happy to see those prototypes and also felt proud that I ride one of those in full glory!!

Thank you for your patience @hemanth.anand

Keep up the good work Ather Team!! RGT

8 Likes

Any prototypes with a completely diff design from the 450?? :open_mouth:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Theft/Tow Detection