Maintenance and Service

I think that may be this type …

1 Like

No they were almost similar to the final product design and were tested extensively before being finalized…!

1 Like

Have any of you had problem with side stand? or did you notice anything wrong with your side stand?

My side stand does not flush with the floor board side body panel (see pics).

is it because of excessive weight of the vehicle on the side stand for prolonged period and the lean angle that we come across such an issue?

when the side stand is not engaged and when i am riding, if i look down the side stand is clearly offset from the body panel and even when i apply slight force it does not move back/inside.

@abhishek.balaji I feel the side stand mechanics has to be readjusted again to make it flush with the panel.

Did we get a user manual for 450? i dont remember receiving anything during delivery. Ather should provide all of us with user manuals for all exterior/moving components on know how and DIY adjustments.

What will you do if your head light does not turn on? or belt is off the wheel hub? or need to change the wheels/tyres or brakes not working?

Has Ather or you (Ather owner) given a thought on these niggles/issues? without moving the vehicle into service centre all the time?

This is not normal, looks like spring tension has become weak. Please report the same to CS or mention this point in your next service.

User manual can be found here in this link

1 Like

I think all scooters have their side stand like that. At least mine is like this too. Haven’t faced any issue with it other than it just being a cosmetic issue.

I don’t think I’ve gotten a user manual for any scooter I’ve bought till now :sweat_smile: and most of the time the only thing we can do is to just restart the scooter soft or hard reset. Other than these 2 things. You’re better offer an Ather technician looking at it rather than us fiddling with the wiring and electronics.

:flushed: I’m sure this won’t happen unless the belt is grossly mis-tensioned. Even if it does I don’t think there’s anything we can do or we should be doing and a technician needs to do it, because we dont know the ideal tension of the belt.

I’d actually like to know this too Ather recommends we call them for everything , but yes, it would be really good if they had a guide for this. And I think Ather really wants to make the user experience matter, and so any issues they just want us to call them and let them completely handle it.

1 Like

Well, if you have Ather One plan you can call the CC everytime and for no reason too. we can even get the vehicle picked up for inspection. what if you dont want to subscribe to any of the plans?

Won’t it become a costly affair with Ather :joy:?

2 Likes

Thank you Rajesh for sharing the user manual.

yes this is very helpful for the new owners, i mean for all owners who own 450.

Go green is good by not printing the manual booklet :smiley:, but my question is why wasn’t it shared while i took the delivery of the 450? Ather could have sent the pdf to my mail when i purchased my 450. Ather executives also did not mention about the manual although they explained all the features (i mean not all, but most of the features) during delivery.

Isn’t this available on your Ather app on phone? I believe the link to the vehicle manual has always been provided on the Support tab.

Actually, not mine. It sits much more snugly in the provided space in my Ather…

1 Like

Hope you are aware that the manual could be accessible through your mobile App

Go to App->Support->Vehicle Manual

1 Like

I got a printed booklet as a manual. 3months later it was redundant since Ather released an OTA to add guide me home lamps. Then even more redundant when the ECO mode was released :slight_smile:

But yeah, we asked for a service manual for some basic maintenance some time back.

2 Likes

Definitely not how it’s supposed to be. Mine sits flush with the body panel even after 1 year and 8 months now. Last 6 -7 months it’s almost completely parked!

Not sure when the hard copy was stopped but as @Raghav told, with the amount of OTAs, it’ll become useless after a while. A service manual isn’t available yet and it would be good if Ather can provide that.

Created a feature request for the same here…you can vote up

Below is a picture of the user manual that I had got with the scooter.

1 Like

Are you sure? every bike i bought till now (except Ather) I have received hardcopy manual booklet. I guess its the law with the transportation dept. or Motor vehicle act.

I have got my vehicle on June 2019 and I haven’t got hard copy. I always referred the pdf. I never realised that hard copy was even being given.

16.10.20 i gave portable charger which not working. they checked and told it is working. they assured if not working in your house will come to your house and fix the problem. now it is working. thanks for service team response.

3 Likes

Same here as well , I too never park outside in sun or any harsh environment. The screen has started turning yellow , have noticed this from past few months. @dr.rakshithgt let me know how it goes for you .

Sorry to be waking up this old thread. I have been one of those who is a heavy user of the “shutdown” feature and the last shutdown lasted couple of months and woke up with 30% charge. But recently I mistakenly put the vehicle into shutdown at high SoC say at 90% and then used it after a month and shutdown again when SoC was at 60% and now today after 15 days it didn’t wakeup.

Do we have some conclusion or remedy for this? I never faced this problem until today its been more than year of use and scooter mostly lives in shutdown mode all the while!

Dear Rajesh, Is there a solution for this problem? How can I wake up the scooter without going to the service center?

Try plugging in your charger. If you still do not see any response from the vehicle, you may have a dead BMS (Battery is still good, but BMS circuit may have fried up).

Thanks Raghav, I tried

• Hard reboot
  • Plug out and plug back the charger.
  • Leave the charger connected for 4 hours (no signs of life)

Nothing has happened and it still fails to wake up. Few users from the forum seems to have faced the same issue and they all had to ship the scooter to Ather?

This seems like a serious issue and breaks my trust with the product. I am scared to recommend the scooter if this bug continues to haunt the users. I am surprised that it is still lying around after an year of reporting.

My last shutdown happened when SoC was at 50% approx and it was after a hard ride of 5kms maybe? Not sure if that has any effect on the wakeup.

3 Likes

Well none of that matters Basically the issue was and is that when you wake up the scooter at a higher SOC the surge of current fries a particular resistor in the BMS circuit and hence your battery won’t wake up anymore. The issue isn’t at which SOC you switch it off as long as you turn it on a pretty low charge percentage.

So if it is a BMS issue there’s no way you can fix it yourself and Ather has to be the one to fix it.

I’m assuming since this is a hardware issue no OTA can really fix it. Other than maybe not letting you shut down at over 60%SOC. Surprised Ather hasn’t done this, but rather resorted to try to educate all their users to just not shut it down and left the rest at their discretion. @abhishek.balaji maybe something you guys should include in an OTA to denote a message while shutting down at a higher SOC, to avoid such qn incident.

Just the fact that this happened affects the brand a lot in the eyes of people. It being a known issue and Ather being able to fix it doesn’t take anything away from the fact that it is still a flaw, and preventing it by just not letting us shut down at over 60% would go a long way.

5 Likes

Correct. It is a flaw that should have been fixed permanently. However, fixing this requires opening up the battery pack, since the BMS circuit is enclosed within the pack, and swapping out a resistor.

Please call Ather and log an support ticket. They will tow your vehicle and get it fixed. Also request for a loaner (not sure if they would do it during covid times) so you can atleast use an alternate vehicles till they fix this.

This is a manufacturing defect and will be covered under the battery warranty clause.

3 Likes