Maintenance and Service

Yup that was my first doubt. I don’t think he’d be able to waterproof it OEM level. Only those who know what they’re doing should go this route.

1 Like

that is the sketchiest cell balancing I’ve ever seen, If a well designed BMS is there, like one found in Ather, there is no such need of Cell balancing, My 4-year old Ather is still good with at least 90% true range. ~35k Km done.

PS: looks like he is just charging the cells not balancing it, balancing requires individual series connected to a aftermarket balancer and then charge the cells making them reach peak voltage and then drain it a few times then repeat till desired results .

4 Likes

And guess what if it gets blazing in fame they will blame it on company if anyone is doing this the company should blacklist therie batteries so the company doesn’t get blamed

1 Like

Damn. Yeah right he’s just charging it while skipping the BMS. Not good

3 posts were split to a new topic: Dashboard and account problems

That crappy side stand is also costlier to maintain. They changed four bushes (all looks similar may be not same).

Here the images of the spares.

Part# 340A0007633A - (Name - Sidestand Bush_0806) - single bush costs Rs 104.50

Part# 340A0002790A - (Name - DU Bush 8x 6x 6) - single bush costs Rs 18.50

Here is comes the funny part :partying_face: - Look at the labour charges

Spares Cost is Rs 246.03 and Labour Charges are 434.24

These are with active Ather Assure subscription plan. They also charges me for belt tension adjustment for which I have to send 10’s of emails over few weeks to get the amount refunded (refund in progress though :slight_smile: ).

Also, want to know from community. Even though it’s a general service and not periodic service, should I be charged for the labour even with active Ather Assure subscription plan?

8 Likes

Ideally no.

We paid for service, which promised no payment for an year.

Where the heck those bushing go? Never have I ever heard a busing inside side stand. This is just pure loot on customer point of view.

4 Likes

Labour will be Applicable for Du Bush and Side Stand Replacement

But Belt Adjustment Labour is covered under Ather Assure Pack

So all replacement of parts will be charged with labour(only way to avoid it is having an extremely good service team that doesn’t charge you:rare). But any and all servicing will not incur any charges not even labour or taxes it’s covered under Ather service pack(services like washing is chargeable tho.)

1 Like

Just complicated mess.

2 Likes

These service and labor charges keep the author down

2 Likes

These all in initial stage… Going forward great deals are there… In service

1 Like

In side stand link and main link

2 Likes

Photo of the rear brakes from the back of the scooter.

How much brake pad life do I have left?

1 Like

You have quite a bit life left. But why this question?

It’s fresh as new no issue.

Not more than 1k KMs

I went to service for chu chu noise from the scooter. I suspected bearing but they kept insisting its just brakes worn out and my discs will break soon. :confused:

If it were brakes, it should be only audible when I use brakes right? This is audible anytime the tyre moves

1 Like

Its 9500km old😅 I use brakes very infrequently so I feel I should have some life left.

2 Likes