Logging Your Rides to Google Sheets

This is my solution for the ride log issue.

Tools used:

Telegram bot - for sharing the image and for cost free API.
Google Drive - to store the image
Google Sheets - to store the data for analysis
Google Docs - to run OCR

I’ll try to write the process of setting up this for individuals. It may be helpful for the community.

12 Likes

Waiting.

Ather should open up it’s api as well.

@abhishek.balaji

3 Likes

Grate job :muscle:

1 Like

I have tried to document all the steps here: Collect Ather Logs in Google Sheets via Telegram Bot

I know it is going to take lot of time for someone who has not used google sheets or telegram to setup completely. I hope it would be worth a try.

Please check and let me know the feedback.

btw, I have added few charts based on the ride logs and I like the way it turned out. Some samples are here:

sample-chart-1 sample-chart-2 sample-chart-3 sample-chart-4

9 Likes

I created a public bot for those who has difficulties in following up all the instructions. You need to start and register; you will be able to use it once I approve it.

The bot link: Telegram: Contact @ev_log_bot

The bot can be accessed only by a limited set of people, as it uses only the free limit set by Google and Telegram.

If you want to set up your own bot get the source code and sample google sheets file from github repo: GitHub - anbuchelva/ev-log-bot

4 Likes

How can I get these ?

Download Telegram
Create an account
Click this link which will open in Telegram Telegram: Contact @ev_log_bot
Start the bot
Use command /register
Once I approve, you can start sharing your ride logs as explained in the video on the first post.
Use menu on the bot to get charts.

1 Like

Released version 3 of the bot, which brings edit the ride logs generated from OCR and various bug fixes.

Telegram bot URL: Telegram: Contact @ev_log_bot
Github URL: GitHub - anbuchelva/ev-log-bot

2 Likes

You are doing far better job than Ather software team :joy:

4 Likes

I have been tracking the ride statistics for last 30 days. Here are the results.

2 Likes

Thank you @anbuchelva for sharing this information. This Telegram bot is quite good and easy to use.

1 Like

Iam using Ather 450s Iam very much disappointed by purchasing this vehicle now Iam repenting why I have purchased Iam getting range of 56 to 60 on full charging Can body tell me this my vehicle problem or In general vehicle performance will be like this

Share the screenshot of your recent ride insights from the app please

Also check this post

1 Like

Low model is just made for low experience and power why you choosed low model choose top model instead.

1 Like

1 Like

Your throttling is bit on the harsh side i guess seeing the efficiency figures ,please go through the link i shared it will help

3 Likes

Have you shared link in the community

1 Like

try riding in sport mode.

1 Like

Please clarify whether it is my vehicle problem or general probelm in 450s

1 Like

For short trips efficiency will be always high only. Try to see on some logger trip. All these trips are just 1+ KM so you cannot judge your Vehicle performance.

1 Like