[Closed] AMA - 2, Saturday 1 February

Can you provide more information regarding the exit plans?

Recommend? This says mandatory

1 Like

Presume someone uses the vehicle for about 8 years and the battery efficiency doesn’t fall below 80% in that case it’s a rip off right? Or is there something like a reimbursement for not using the battery exchange for a given period?

1 Like

I have booked a collectors edition to be delivered in Bangalore. When I can expect deliveries?

Are you discontinuing 450 Production? Can I choose between 450 and 450x in Hyderabad?

The 99k performance pack subscription plan would be ideal if you want your scooter to provide a consistently high performance throughout its life, without you ever worrying about degradation.

There is an exit option from the subscription, right from day one. Along with the option to pause up to a month in a year, when you are on a vacation or not using the vehicle.

You will need to pay an exit amount for sure. We shall roll out details of the exit plan soon.

2 Likes

I have responded to this query. The only way to do this is to get a Collector’s Edition customer’s order transferred in your name.

Why USB charging left out… for me it is mandatory…Can it be installed after market??does warranty void of i do so

We will support 450 including battery replacements for a reasonable period. Right now we can’t comment on if a future upgrade would be backward compatible as the technology is evolving rapidly.

1 Like

If you don’t want the Collector’s Edition design, you’ll have the option to pick one among the three color options - green, white, grey.

1 Like

Somehow even a 99000 INR down payment + subscription seems a killer compared to buying a conventional vehicle. Do you have any ROI comparisons to justify these prices.

2 Likes

That’s true, you’ll have the hardware but won’t get to use it. It’s not just about turning on the hardware and letting users access it, but enabling a host of smart features like Welcome Lights, Access to calls, music, access to smart accessories like the TPMS, and smart helmets etc, which require Bluetooth to be enabled. To avoid more confusion around the plans and to make a clear differentiation, the Bluetooth has been disabled on the Plus variant. This is extremely common in the auto industry as well, where the hardware is similar, but software is tuned to enable different variants.

4 Likes

In case of critical safety/security issues late in the lifetime of the vehicle, we will give security/safety patches as necessary

1 Like

Our plans take into account only planned changes. While we would like to take care of unplanned changes also, this might be complex for us to account.

Will the production of Ather 450s continue until you start production of Ather 450X?

1 Like

We’re getting this updated over the next couple of days, based on feedback that many users don’t want a subscription on top of the upfront purchase option.

5 Likes

I do understand that technology is evolving at rapid pace, hence the question :slight_smile: But i expected a good faith attempt by Ather to provide option for customers to upgrade to newer technologies. By option i mean pay ‘x’ amount to get a “converter” (just an example) to make 450 compatible with latest battery pack.
Will “We will continue to provide backward compatibility on best case possible.” be the same answer for 450X too when next battery pack becomes available?

According to Bengaluru traffic police, listening to music or using earphones is punishable. How are you planning to introduce the smart helmet as an accessory for Ather 450X in Bengaluru?

3 Likes

Ok this actually makes sense!!
Basically lure people to buy the higher plan but if you have enough demand you’ll make hardware changes to cut losses.