[Closed] AMA - 2, Saturday 1 February

I have responded to this query. The only way to do this is to get a Collector’s Edition customer’s order transferred in your name.

Why USB charging left out… for me it is mandatory…Can it be installed after market??does warranty void of i do so

We will support 450 including battery replacements for a reasonable period. Right now we can’t comment on if a future upgrade would be backward compatible as the technology is evolving rapidly.

1 Like

If you don’t want the Collector’s Edition design, you’ll have the option to pick one among the three color options - green, white, grey.

1 Like

Somehow even a 99000 INR down payment + subscription seems a killer compared to buying a conventional vehicle. Do you have any ROI comparisons to justify these prices.

2 Likes

That’s true, you’ll have the hardware but won’t get to use it. It’s not just about turning on the hardware and letting users access it, but enabling a host of smart features like Welcome Lights, Access to calls, music, access to smart accessories like the TPMS, and smart helmets etc, which require Bluetooth to be enabled. To avoid more confusion around the plans and to make a clear differentiation, the Bluetooth has been disabled on the Plus variant. This is extremely common in the auto industry as well, where the hardware is similar, but software is tuned to enable different variants.

4 Likes

In case of critical safety/security issues late in the lifetime of the vehicle, we will give security/safety patches as necessary

1 Like

Our plans take into account only planned changes. While we would like to take care of unplanned changes also, this might be complex for us to account.

Will the production of Ather 450s continue until you start production of Ather 450X?

1 Like

We’re getting this updated over the next couple of days, based on feedback that many users don’t want a subscription on top of the upfront purchase option.

5 Likes

I do understand that technology is evolving at rapid pace, hence the question :slight_smile: But i expected a good faith attempt by Ather to provide option for customers to upgrade to newer technologies. By option i mean pay ‘x’ amount to get a “converter” (just an example) to make 450 compatible with latest battery pack.
Will “We will continue to provide backward compatibility on best case possible.” be the same answer for 450X too when next battery pack becomes available?

According to Bengaluru traffic police, listening to music or using earphones is punishable. How are you planning to introduce the smart helmet as an accessory for Ather 450X in Bengaluru?

3 Likes

Ok this actually makes sense!!
Basically lure people to buy the higher plan but if you have enough demand you’ll make hardware changes to cut losses.

Thanks. So it comes 1.44+7000=1.51 approx And 1.54+8000=1.62 approx upfront right?? I do not need to pay for any additional like Ather one or subscription ?? If so then how many years?? Any free service included

1 Like

Dashboard upgrade is not possible separately because of a completely revamped electrical architecture, and would involve changing a bunch of electrical/electronic components, harness etc. Hence it is not viable.

hey, a few things to clarify, while the current 450x subsriptions represent significantly different value prop as you pay for : battery as a subscription, unlimited warranty, data services, over-the air updates, unlimited fast charging at Ather Grid. This way, you can own the scooter with a much less upfront cost of 99k.

The Atherone subscriptions that came alongwith 450, only cover for Data connectivity, charging & Service related features.

Hence, it’d be really unfair to compare the two.

That given, the 450x atherOne subscription plans are expected to be similarily prices.

1 Like

Can anyone answer this? @Ather.Team

1 Like

Tarun at today’s meet said that there will be a dashboard upgrade option. He then said if we opt for that we can even get access to get the TPMS and helmet for our 450.

1 Like

Just want to ask last question? what is the current status of ATHER 450 which number is going I have contact many times on your customer support they dont have any information ? So, I want the update on the number delivery my number starts with 18k