[Closed] AMA - 2, Saturday 1 February

Just to make clear of confusion, we have to buy the performance pack (monthly) and also the AtherOne-like pack (yearly) seperately right? Or are the AtherOne-like plans needed only for downright purchase or Pro/plus? (1.5/1.6 L)

in case of full payment/upfront

so, comparing the price difference of 10k with the features provided between 450x plus and 450x pro it is best to buy 450x pro

here ather is indirectly making owners to select 450x pro

ex:- its like cinemas offer popcorn small (10gms) for 10, medium (20 gms) for 20 and large (30gms) for 25
every one who wants to buy medium will buy large

as mentioned earlier if there are many buyers for upfornt for 450x plus then will the cost be reduced corresponding to the cost cut by removing pro hardware?

Hey Jayesh, We begin production for Ather 450X in Q3 2020. So yes, map the timelines for the Collector’s Edition with the production

Understand that you’ve had a long wait for the 450. If you’re in urgent need of a vehicle, you could buy the Ather 450 and then exchange it for 450X.

2 Likes

Technology on EV batteries is evolving at a rapid pace. We will continue to provide backward compatibility on best case possible.

Not mandatory, though we recommend you take the data subscription for the smart and connected features that the 450X offers.

1 Like

We are working on pause features (upto a month of pause , once in a year) & reminder and grace periods alongwith the subscription packs to account for delayed and missed payments.

However if someone chooses to not pay monthly subscription beyond grace, he/she would not be able to use the vehicle or choose an exit option to continue running the vehicle.

1 Like

Means still i need to pay 400 per month ?? Even after paying about 2 lacks !! Still 400 every month ill require to pay ?? Dont you think it would be too expensive ?? Plus ifh we charge at home that charges would be different !! Means what exactly you people are upto ?

Sorry Siddharth, that won’t be possible.

Edit - @siddharthshelke1992 - one option is for you to find someone who is eligible for the Collector’s Edition and get their order transferred in your name. in this case, you can get your hands on the Collector’s Edition.

1 Like

I have been following ather from the beginning. After the launch of vehicle I felt very bad since it was not available to our city and was only for bangalore. Now I got a link to purchase 450x classic edition and felt happy and pre ordered it. I don’t know how much should I pay to get it to our city(Shimoga). As grid charges and etc won’t apply. Please reply with approximate delivery month

This plan would be ideal if you want your scooter to provide a consistently high performance throughout its life, without you ever worrying about degradation.

There is an exit option from the subscription, right from day one. Along with the option to pause when you’re not going to be using it for a month in a year.

1 Like

Well buying the service plan makes sense if you buy the Ather one you’ll be paying like 4k to get a reimbursement of about 1.5k as the packs cover everything else.

Hey Harsha, You can know the details of both the payment models here [Closed] AMA - 2, Saturday 1 February. These are quite self explanatory.

To summarize broadly, the ‘upfront payment method’ or the ‘classic way’ is good for someone who likes complete ownership of the vehicle - including the battery, and is also willing to upgrade the battery herself/himself as and when it degrades. This person will also not have a problem of paying the full amount upfront.

The ‘subscription ownership method’ solves some important concerns of people (like battery worries, performance worries and high up-front cost) and provides some first-in-industry features. Under this model:

• You pay lower amount upfront
  • All battery worries are completely ours - so we replace your battery as soon as it degrades by 20% - no questions asked
  • Your performance is always consistent (Range, Top speed, Charging etc) - essentially because your battery is always above 80%!
  • You get the flexibility to move to any performance pack of your choice - currently we have only 2. In future, we may have more. With the same scooter, you can access newer specifications that we launch by simply switching to a new performance pack with a new subscription charge.
  • It also includes Ather Charge

Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Hey @Ather.Team

Will you be able to deliver all the pre-ordered vehicles (i.e the Collector edition) which I think the approx count keep it roughly 8000 vehicles.

Will you be able to deliver all those 8000 vehicles in the month of July-August or will you just start in July and keep delivering it till Dec or Jan etc etc.

But keep in mind it’s really very long time to wait. I don’t know why it’s delayed so much.

4 Likes

If I take the dashboard upgrade option for the 450 into Android will my scooter then be compatible with the new 21700 battery?

Can you provide more information regarding the exit plans?

Recommend? This says mandatory

1 Like

Presume someone uses the vehicle for about 8 years and the battery efficiency doesn’t fall below 80% in that case it’s a rip off right? Or is there something like a reimbursement for not using the battery exchange for a given period?

1 Like

I have booked a collectors edition to be delivered in Bangalore. When I can expect deliveries?

Are you discontinuing 450 Production? Can I choose between 450 and 450x in Hyderabad?

The 99k performance pack subscription plan would be ideal if you want your scooter to provide a consistently high performance throughout its life, without you ever worrying about degradation.

There is an exit option from the subscription, right from day one. Along with the option to pause up to a month in a year, when you are on a vacation or not using the vehicle.

You will need to pay an exit amount for sure. We shall roll out details of the exit plan soon.

2 Likes