Is it not cheating?

No one here to help Ather, its purely business deal. We are paying money they are selling product.

No one will show sympathy when they tried to loot customers and run business.

I have preordered 450x with out knowing price, i was ok when they announced features, and price and hyp they have created.

I was in confusion when they announced price 1.59 lacs, but finally bought it.

But i really started hating when i got to know the price is 1.89 and we are not getting all features promised but on top this they are charging for subscription also.

2400 for subscription is not big deal after paying 1.89 lacs for bike and 10k for charger installation. But just the confusion…what extra we are getting compared to 450 after paying so much extra. Just the waro mode.

No bussiness will survive with this kind of cheating on customers

Sir we’ve been through this over and over again on this thread. 2400 coudl have been bundled with the scooter and they could have given you a years subscription “for free” but that would have increased the price for everyone. Then comes the recurring costs of providing a sim card with data services on your scooter. They will need to pay the service providers at recurrent intervals and they can’t give you the service for free. I understand this is a new concept since it’s not been done in any 2 wheeler. In 4 wheelers the price of the product is so high that they bundle years worth of data charges into the product itself, which really doesn’t make a difference for 15+Lakh cars. 10k installation is a very specific issue with your case and no more than that. If your housing society or apartment community had arranged for a socket at your parking spot then it wouldn’t have been an issue at all. So idk if Ather is the one the blame. It’s like saying you live 10Km from a petrol bunk and you spend money and fuel to travel to the petrol bunk to fuel up. You wouldn’t complain to the ICE seller would you?

Sir it’s been made clear

The battery itself costs over 70k maybe more. The motor the the suspension and other components are not like the cheap components on say the pure ev e Pluto 7G and on top of all that the BMS is in house which takes real engineers hired by Ather and working for Ather who’s salaries need to be paid. And above all

Sir I urge you to please go through this post again

@abhishek.balaji has probably answered all your reasons for saying Ather is “cheating” or " looting" you paid your money by your own volition. You were not forced to. You now regret the buy, but your regret isn’t a determining factor for the operations of the company. What you think is worth 1.6 lakhs is different from what I think is worth 1.6 Lakhs. And I respect that. But going around in circles on this thread isn’t helping anyone. Please continue criticising Ather, but please find new things bring up. Find new deficits in the scooter, since most of your statements have been replied to and resorting to repeatedly saying Ather is looting isn’t doing anyone good here. This thread is locked only for present owners and if you’re trying to tell people not to buy the scooter. It’s not going to work on this thread sir.

6 Likes

I am pretty much in support with this statement and mentioned the same many times in forum in different posts.

They have to improve their communication & they have to commit to a date. When ever someone asks some thing the answer is that we don’t have a time line as such to share or communicate. This has to change else it effects the brand a lot with more and more customers coming on board it is not like initial days.

Only when there is a commitment there will be a pressure to deliver just delaying things will worsen. Like @harshithbhat rightly said it is difficult to stare into darkness for too long.

You guys tell things but the communication is not good and not reaching to all customers or potential customers.

Now just for example, the time lines given to software release for bluetooth and other fixes is about to come to an end but there is no sign of response form your side. This is creating chaos more certainly in new owners. I don’t say you cheated but communication is important.

2 Likes

Whether to call this cheating or not is to split hairs. There is an undeniable case of false advertising going on, and that’s pretty close to cheating.

@Suraj_madhu, I don’t know why this did not occur to me earlier, but Ather right now seems to be closer to CD Projekt Red than to Tesla, with the 450 being its Cyberpunk 2077.

The only reason I wouldn’t call this cheating is because I believe that Ather is a company made up of basically good people. However, what I see going on currently is making me rethink this assumption.

4 Likes

Exactly. If you advertise it as a key feature, you better damn as hell ensure it is there. If not, don’t talk about it else make it clear on the site as well that it is not available at present. Why take full price for the vehicle if you can’t deliver? No doubt the vehicle has been a good ride so far, but we pay for all features. This kind of half baked service with a timeline of “coming soon” is so unprofessional. This coupled with the poor delivery experience has really pulled down Ather for me.

We’re surely in Feb ‘21, not sure about them!

My question to all the disppointed critics, do you have any other alternative even close to the feature & performance what Ather is giving right now & not just in upcoming, future comming product? Answer is NO. Also seems like critics didn’t attended owners meet or 450x Unveiled event or even gone through the website properly where everything was cleared by the Ather team. Its very unfortunate that lockdown happened & schedule got delayed but they’re on the right track. Just have patience & mostly faith in Ather otherwise no one has forced on gun point to buy the power pack smart scooter. you may also wait for rivels to launch theirs & see their product, have comparison & then decide. Remember 1 thing, “with premium price comes premium product.”

3 Likes

You should speak for yourself. There are plenty of alternatives. Mentality like this enables manufacturers to shortchange customers.

Not sure what you’re trying to say here. Can you please elaborate?

2 Likes

@blackworks I don’t know from where you’re but I’m from Mumbai & I don’t have any alternative right now. Before making my final payment I’d made 100s of followed up with Bajaj, TVS, Hero, Simple Energy, Okinawa & Etergo but they didn’t even botherd to reply my query on availability timeline. I have paid 1.75 Lac total for scooter + Insurance + RTO + charger installation + subscription. We don’t even have subsidy system online. I too felt initially it is little costly but when I took delivery & ride it. Every penny is worth it.

4 Likes

I’m happy for you, and wish you many happy moments with your purchase.

That doesn’t mean you can extrapolate your experience and tell the dissatisfied people to put up or shut up. Using your own logic, nobody forced you at gunpoint to read about the negatives that are being brought to light here.

I have plenty of patience and faith, but that does not mean they should be taken for granted. Complaining here on the forum is the mildest form of my expression of annoyance.

5 Likes

Looks like post suppression has started. What a shame.

1 Like

Almost anyone can flag a post and it will stay hidden temporarily until reviewed by mods. Don’t see anything wrong with your post though.

1 Like

Exactly. Somebody gets their delicate feelings hurt and decides to spoil it for everyone.

Guess I could do the same, but I won’t. Everyone should remain free to express themselves as long as they make sense.

5 Likes

Absolutely free to express the opinions. But everyone can flag and until the post is reviews by mods for a few hrs the post is hidden.

Unless something abusive or or unparliamentary or wrong is posted. And I cannot see any such content in your posts. Those are just your opinions and nothing wrong in it.

But we cannot control those who falg.

2 Likes

Sad, but true. And a waste of moderators’ time.

2 Likes

Curious to know if you bought the vehicle in Bengaluru. I don’t understand how on-road price is 1.89, because i paid 1.66(scooter + insurance) For Ather collectors edition order i got service pro free for a year and took connect pro for a year so total is 1.70 lakhs (This is as far as i know can be considered as overall on-road price) How is it 1.89 on road?

1 Like

You need to add + 29000 which govt discount.

I mean total price is 1.60 lacs + 29000 + insurance + subscription (if we opt) + dot installation charges

We can aram se buy Royal Enflield + 2 years fuel also

some were on Oct’20 after seeing few youtube videos, decided to buy EV then took some test ride of mostly all the EVs available in chennai and then i felt the hype and price Ather 450x quote is justified. Before investing 1.7k its your responsibility to make sure u get all the info to justify that investment, i got all the information what is required right from subscription, the option to choose between Dot and Mobile charger, installation of dot by ather team is optional and the Dot user manual is available to download it clearly says how to install. Even i opted for Ather team to install the Dot, they only mounted the Dot in my parking wall and later i took the help of local electrician to do necessary wiring, even for me it cost 7000k for wiring that is ur choice. v know very well that this scooter comes with non-detachable battery and hence require power connection from ur flat. After knowing this all no point in claiming u being fooled, this only shows you neither have a proper product knowledge or u choose a wrong product which does not fit your requirement. i took Ather Delivery on 11th Dec’20, with 2+months of driving experience i dont have any regrets on the choice i made. i know the fact that Bluetooth is not currently available, there are some software hiccup’s but tell me which product does not have problem or have software issues either it be Android Premium phone one+ or Iphone, the all have passed this stage and finally settled as a premium product. it only counts how fast the product owner respond to the bug and fix it. the costliest aircraft manufacturer Boeing itself found it passenger flight to be defective and forced to ground them after killing so many life. What i feel after reading this entire debate about the people who complain now is, either you have not done ur ground work properly or you opt to choose a product which is not a right fit for you.
the forum is open for all, the forum entry is not restricted only for Ather buyers. i am in this forum right from the time i was just looking to buy a EV and this forum is very liberal, no one restricts you to speak against the product. Name me one OEM who opens their door for negative critics and never hide them from public. A public forum by a OEM itself is a unique concept which so far neither a EV or PV manufacturer have attempted.
Finally, i made my choice and i am very much happy for it. I got all the info required from Ather and on my part i did enough ground work to take this decision.

5 Likes

Enflield will also add up pollution. The purpose of opting ev is not just cost saving but also environmental friendly.

:grinning:

Thats the reason govt is giving discount to encourage people to buty. But unfortunately business people and corporates misusing it.

And EV scooter does not solve the purpose of long drives. Price need to be based on features and performance, not based on pollution and tax. People will check what they are getting for that they are spending.

Same thing happened with Reva, they were selling vehicle at 4 lacs, Mahindra bought it and increaed price to 7 lacs. What happened, Reva became a history now. Same thing will happen to any product if its not value for money

:grinning: :grinning: Bro I know you are so upset & unsatisfied but this is like next level. Just because of dissatisfaction you are adding the amount which you did not pay( subsidy) for Ather and at the same time you are making enfield cheaper.

Royal enfield cost on-road in Bengaluru as per their website (for bullet 350 cheapest version is around 171000) other versions are above 200000 only. I do not know how 2 years petrol is also included in your cost. I mean literally 2years petrol I want that high milage bike.

I am not saying anything on your dissatisfaction that may be because of your experience (which I cannot comment) but this is not fair.

2 Likes