Is it not cheating?

LOL. Have you seen how lithium is mined?

1 Like

I don’t believe in this and hence may differ. Do you really think people really are buying just because of environment.!!! I don’t believe.

If they want to save environment then EV is not only the way they can do it in many ways. People want comfort and experiences.(in current world which we are living)

If environment is the concern then there might be many EVs on the road by now. People are buying Ather for experience, thrill, performance and comfort(compared to other peers). Environment is a very small aspect (genuinely for some and a false mask for some people).

I am not definitely in that EV for environment guys.we are spoiling it in many ways and I do my best in other ways to protect it.

No ! How ?

What ever, if i recieve the govt discount my scooter might have costed 1.40 lacs to me.

Value to the money we are spending. There are many advantages by paying 2lacs which we are nor getting from Ather.

Ather invoicing it self totally wrong

Google is your friend.

3 Likes

With regular usage and time, EV is still the environment friendly option despite the high emissions upto manufacturing stage. And hopefully, it will only get better at that as time goes.

4 Likes

With all due respect, Mr. Ram, I think we are frankly going in circles here. If you don’t mind me pointing this out, the members of this forum have explained in myriad ways across the thread that the money you have paid to Ather has the discount applied already over the actual cost you might have paid had the FAME 2 subsidy not been provided (or if your Aadhaar number has already availed it once earlier). Which part of “the price paid is discount adjusted” is turning out to be ambiguous?

Forgive me if I am wrong, but you seem to have made up your mind about the pricing and the supposed “cheating” long before you gave others a chance to explain how it actually works. That, despite the fact that we all are owners too and so have no reason to justify getting cheated! :smiley: I therefore am not sure if there is much value add in continuing with the explanations anymore, unfortunately :frowning_face:

In any case, before my tone unwittingly changes in subsequent responses and the moderators here slap me with an impoliteness warning, I think I will bow out of this attempt. Apologies if I wasn’t of much help to you, Sir :slight_smile:

13 Likes

By the looks of it, pretty slowly and opaquely. The good thing about having.low expectations is that you will never be disappointed. While that may work for something you got for free, it doesn’t work here.

It’s funny you bring up Boeing. A single subsystem in that thing is orders of magnitude more sophisticated than this entire scooter. And when a single failure took place, they retired the entire line.

Invoicing split is due to the fact that if vehicle ex-factory price is above 1.5 lakhs, FAME subsidy is not applicable, that is how govt of India has set the rules. Or else the on-road price will be 1.89 lakhs + insurance + connectivity subscription

I would definitely not have purchased the vehicle at the price point, only because Ather has worked around the FAME rules by splitting invoice i could afford it. A lot of people would not have purchased the vehicle if not for this approach of split invoice. Govt policy can be found here: https://fame2.heavyindustry.gov.in/content/english/11_1_PolicyDocument.aspx

1 Like

More and more people might have purchased if they have given Fame discount to customer.

What ever, who ever thinks…firstly its not a smart or connected vehicle as they advertised. Secondly its very much overpriced for an 75km range EV

Poor consumers laws in india thats the reason these kind of products still surviving in market

Its not that i made up my mind, its company who cheated customers by givinh false information.

I have prebooked and paid 1.60 lacs in one shot after 10 months of waiting.

Firstly, i did not get proper invoice, secondly company did not give correct information at least at the time of delivery.

They said, its smart scooter with connectivity. At least i dont have my vehicle number on dashboard with out subscription.

Ane bluetooth , listening songs, taking calls … Ha ha ha…hyped like anything

I dont want to take back my statement anytime

They have given us the FAME subsidy. Just that they have subtracted from the actualy price of the scooter. And if you mean give it to the customer. You tell us, which is better - paying the whol price - 1.95 lakhs and then wait get back 29k or pay 1.66 Lakhs upfront and let Ather handle the subsidy. :person_shrugging:

What’s a " connected scooter" to me is diff from what it is to Ather and to you. So it’s better to challenge the features that they actually specified rather than just saying, it’s not a smart scooter.

Very Subjective. I don’t see the value of 2 lakhs for a 125cc bike ( KTM rc125). But clearly a lot of people do see the value.

Highly doubt it. It’s surviving cuz they made a good product. As simple as that. More than what most other manufacturers out there can say.

3 Likes

What do you mean? We are getting the fame discounts as part of the final payment amount. How else do you expect them to pass it on?

Let Ather can define on what basis they can say its connected/ smarr scooter

So ex-showroom price will change based on whther i am eligibale for FAME discount or not?

I was not even knowing that FAME discount will go to company when i was signing document also.

No proper information, no promised features.

The fame discount is being passed on to you via the company. They don’t get any of it. How else would anyone here pay 1.6 lakhs for a 1.89 scooter. You’ve got the math wrong. If you’re not eligible for it, that’s because you’ve already claimed it from the government for another purchase previously (rightly so in my opinion since it would mean such a person has enough disposable income)

The whole point of the subsidy from the government is to make it easier to purchase otherwise inherently expensive EVs.

1 Like

Including FAME 2 subsidy, total cost will be 1.9L. Prices are sky High for 450x - Isn’t it too much for an EV? I know I paid the same for my 450x. Isn’t there any price regulations for EV (Just trying to make the point)?

To All- Rather than fighting among yourself, find a way to apply/impose regulations on cost factor so that future 450x owners can afford it!

1 Like

Regulation of cost - If you force me to sell something at a price you decide (which will be lower than actual product value) then I will build it to the lowest possible standard, just to meet that regulation. I will not invest 1paisa on R&D because I know I would never be able to recoup that cost if I continue selling at a regulated selling price.

What this market needs is competition- hopefully established OEMs and new startup’s bring in more reliable 2w products. This competition will force the industry to start looking at standardisation and eventually create an ecosystem of suppliers who can help bring down costs further.

The EV segment is still early stages. If Reva was a new born, we are at a toddler stage now.

2 Likes

A 6 year old toddler? I don’t think so.

1 Like

I am talking about the EV industry in total.

Still irrelevant. 6 years is a long time in this day and age, and even longer for a fast paced industry.

1 Like

Appreciate your perspective. Let’s agree to disagree.