Is it not cheating?

If they do that, people won’t queue up to buy the scooter. People have been complaining on the forum about missing BT for over 2 months now, and the homepage is still misleading to a prospective new buyer.

3 Likes

Most of the apps and websites showing this prices, i heard Ather shared these prices with market. not sure if these people madeup prices

This is showing 450 plus (in the drop down) even though the title is 450x. ₹1.39L is the price for plus. So that is not a made-up price.

2 Likes

Got you, i have made it pro. Its still showing 1.59 lacs onroad price. Still not correct.

Seems right to me. Slight difference in how breakup is shown on Ather’s website and this one but same in the end. (Excludes tax and registration charges in both)

1 Like

Onroad price is 1.89, not sure why they are taking govt discount into companies account

Onroad price will become 189000+ 5500 insurance + Charger Installation Charges

I might be off the mark here, but this is what I can see online:

https://www.zigwheels.com/bikes/price-quote#:~:text=On%20Road%20Price%20is%20the,cost%2C%20additional%20optional%20warranty%20coverage.

1 Like

Hmm yes, for folks buying a 2nd EV 2W, the subsidy won’t apply. So makes sense for them but are very likely in the minority. In any case, Ather’s website shows the breakdown correctly, provided you are eligible for the subsidy.

If you aren’t, a simple negation would be necessary.

Edit: As @harshithbhat clarified, On Road pricing will include discounts.

2 Likes

The price is after fame 2 subsidy. So that is how it is presented…

But it should not reduced from exshowroom price.

Where its showing exshowroom price as 1.89 lacs

Ex-showroom price after discount, funny :+1:

Indeed funny ! It’s always better to look at the official Ather website for the prices than 3rd party apps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What news articles and other sites show - Ather don’t have control on really :slight_smile: Not just for Ather 450X, for many models these sites don’t show accurate figure.

It looks like if some site says Sachin scored only 10 centuries, so blame Sachin for not keeping them informed. :grinning:

1 Like

I was specifically clarifying your other point :slight_smile: :

The subsidy is on the ex factory price and not the ex showroom. Ather has made the ex factory price under 1.5Lakhs then after that they’ve added the difference amount that they had earlier subtracted ( part of which is named as performance upgrade ) and gst and that gives you the final ex showroom price. Some cities haven’t waived off road tax and hence they have to show you this ex show room price. Which is constant across the country. The subsidy is constant but the the other charges aren’t. Hence they subtract it. If the road tax and regn fees were constant they would have added that too.

3 Likes

Why is it so hard to give a timeline for this? Or Ather belleves we can keep complaining and live with it for sometime?

Ather pulled a similar thing with the 450. They kept marketting an ECO mode and marketed 75Km range whn all we had was ride mode which showed 65Km of range. The ECO mode took over a year from the scooter release to be implemented. Idk if they were marketting it from the scooter launch. But when I bought it I was told I’ll have an eco mode and I didn’t for a few months. The ECO mode made no difference to anyone. If anything it made the scooter worse at soc under 17%. So it really didn’t make such a big difference. And there weren’t a lot of scooters on the road at the time. But now marketting the product like they are on TV commercials. Newspaper ads. And the number of scooters on the road !! They really can’t expect to pull it off again !!!

4 Likes

What about this, this is from my 450x invoice

Wow… new definitions to my kind of ordinary customer

I remember Feb 2021 being mentioned many times on another thread. I wonder what month we are in now.

1 Like

I am no expert at starting and running a 2W EV company (heh), so please excuse me if I am oversimplifying the situation (I’m certain there are a lot of nuances I don’t understand). But looking at this thread and all the surprises new buyers seem to be having as they became unwitting early adopters, here are my 2 cents.

You know, Team Ather, I think the surge of angry reactions you are seeing on the forum is a classic case of Psychology of Waiting in action. I have already mentioned this many times around here, but want to once again emphasize on the recurring communication snafu regarding this.

People hate waiting. You know what they hate more? Waiting in the dark. Simple.

Be it the timelines for new showrooms, the release of new app updates or addressing existing problems with software, it’s not like people never expected these issues to arise. What exasperates the situation is people not knowing WHEN to expect hearing back from you all.

If you read about the first year of Tesla, you might hear the story of how they ended up with a waitlist full of pre-booking even when they didn’t have the basic production in place. But what kept these early enthusiasts in place and made them die-hard fans had a lot to do with how Tesla continuously put out communication to all pre-booking customers on the latest developments - innovative things they were working on, tests they were conducting, problems they were facing, etc. - throughout the process, be it good or bad. This ensured that everyone felt like they too were an inherent part of this company and created a fan base that stuck with them through the highs and lows.

Now if only we had something like that with Ather! We as early adopters want to know what is up with the R&D team, the team working on fixing the software bugs, the teams setting up showrooms in various cities; even if it is a worrisome update, we want to know! And trust me, we will support you because we are absolutely sure that any delay or quality gaps from Ather’s side was obviously not intentional! Doesn’t matter in what form: could be through posts on the forum, as a newsletter, or just as a dedicated update section like they have on Kickstarter. Instead, what we get is initial radio silence on WHAT EXACTLY is being done proactively to address the complaints, and then suddenly a burst of updates close to the final rollout dates (most often not even alpha, but beta testing phase).

This wait without knowing how long we need to wait, needs to change! Tell us what is happening behind the scenes transparently, and I’m sure your customers will be more selective with their rage :slight_smile:

Again, I am reiterating that I mean no malice. Knowing the culture at Ather, I am sure they will take this feedback with the most positive spirit. Hopefully, this one small change is not too much to ask for!

20 Likes

I remember it slightly differently. When they began sales, they marketed with 2 modes, Eco and Sport I think. And then when it became evident that Eco wasn’t delivering 75kms for a number of owners l, it got renamed to Ride. And a new Eco Mode was launched months later via OTA.

But yes, in the interim when new Eco Mode was in development, it was part of marketing but I remember the EC guys made sure to mention ahead that it will be delivered later via OTA.

1 Like